Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I avoid Dalaran if I can. It's laggy and inconvenient. Now that I am done with the class hall campaign I'll be there even less.

Completely the opposite for me. Packed full of people on a low-pop realm. Takes 20 seconds to load the damn thing when I hearth there. There are literally about 200 people stacked on top of the hearth location near the flight path.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Two reasons:
    -Phasing is shit. Always was always will be. Kills immersion.
    -New Dalaran is boring. Its just the same as the old one. Very, VERY lazy by blizz. Ashran camps were more fun.
    Your opinion on phasing is just that... opinion.

Many people like phasing and it actually does the complete opposite for immersion. It makes the world feel alive, like it can change... and it should.

I would say the lack of phasing kills immersion. Pretty sure I watched Thrall kill Garrosh... oh wait there he is in orgrimmar... and in ToC, and in ICC...

"Really cool NPC" accompanies you on a Quest. "Really cool NPC" dies as part of a story. You go back and have an emotional moment with the person you turn quest into... only to see "Really cool NPC" alive and well standing ready to accompany the next person on said quest. You can't tell me that doesn't "kill the immersion"

Yes phasing creates its own problems/challenges, particularly group play. But as a story tool it is unmatched, if you have an alternative solution please suggest it to blizzard, and apply for a job while you're at it.

But I have given you a pretty solid example of why phasing was added in the first place, and why phasing has actually improved the aspect of immersion.

Your problems are technical, and not the immersion you listed. But you say "kills immersion" because you are a drone and are just regurgitating what another hater said about phasing at one point in time, probably not understanding what immersion means in the first place.

Tichondrius is a heavy PvP/arena server, have you been to the underbelly? I can assure you, you'll see tons of ppl down there. They're quite friendly too.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I love it, went down there to do Obliterum forge quest. Came out with 3k of the currency.
    OH it's fun when I can get those very very elusive FPS's

Another WoW expansion where you don't see a sinlegle person. Let's wait until the sub losses begin again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could it be, oh I dunno, people are going and doing things? Like world quests and Suramar?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    Another WoW expansion where you don't see a sinlegle person. Let's wait until the sub losses begin again.
    Some of you people must be playing a different game (or must be trolling) because I always am seeing plenty of people in Dalaran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rage128 View Post
    Some of you people must be playing a different game (or must be trolling) because I always am seeing plenty of people in Dalaran.
    Doomsayers and idiots is all they are, been around since TBC, nothing to bitch about? MAKE IT UP!
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think as long as Orgrimmar/Stormwind is the center for everyone's needs, people are going to keep using those cities as their main go to place. This is probably why there isn't as many people in Dalaran as you would hope. Another reason could be that people are just for once busy doing things so they're not going to be just standing around picking their nose.

I actually see lots of people in Dalaran but they're always running around doing their own thing. Mainly going to profession buildings or going to Krasus Landing to fly to Broken Shores or their class hall.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-09-06 at 07:34 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    Doomsayers and idiots is all they are, been around since TBC, nothing to bitch about? MAKE IT UP!
    You were headed in the right direction with your constructive post. Most people are only in Dal to travel through it right now. World Quests and rep grinds, gearing and raid prep are monopolizing everyone's time. There's no time for square hopping around Dal just yet, there's so much content and way too much to do for that.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    You were headed in the right direction with your constructive post. Most people are only in Dal to travel through it right now. World Quests and rep grinds, gearing and raid prep are monopolizing everyone's time. There's no time for square hopping around Dal just yet, there's so much content and way too much to do for that.
    I can see that.

7+ Year Old Account
    the dalaran on my realm is always full with people.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    My last one was quite constructive to the person I quoted and his reaction to the person he quoted..........there are doomsayers and idiots abound every expac who are all "WOW IS DYING LAWL TOLD YA SO!"

My last one was quite constructive to the person I quoted and his reaction to the person he quoted..........there are doomsayers and idiots abound every expac who are all "WOW IS DYING LAWL TOLD YA SO!"
    The topic is why is it empty, let's focus on that. I feel I described an accurate set of reasons for the current emptiness, some of which I think aligned with your original thoughts.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

They should have given all classes teleports to the order halls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    They should have given all classes teleports to the order halls.
    They did at first, but took them away to have people go to Dalaran more. As it should be in my opinion.

But some of the teleport abilities were pretty dang cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    The topic is why is it empty, let's focus on that. I feel I described an accurate set of reasons for the current emptiness, some of which I think aligned with your original thoughts.
    Pretty much, I mean people are too busy to sit in a major city waiting for a queue to pop right now, to say the game is empty because people aren't just sitting around is kind of well............eh.

Pretty much, I mean people are too busy to sit in a major city waiting for a queue to pop right now, to say the game is empty because people aren't just sitting around is kind of well............eh.
    Completely logical.

People are doing actual content outdoors.