Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    The highest ilvl item I got (850) was from a world quest, and I ran every mythic dungeons except arcway and court of stars.

Though out of 8 mythic dungeons like 3 didn't yield any loots (which feels very frustrating given the amount of work required to make some of the dungeons work out).
    You ran 8 mythic and only 3 didnt drop any loot, and that's frustrating to you? How lucky are you normally? I ran 8 mythics and only 3 bosses actually dropped loot. Now THAT is frustrating

Oh no, loot is rare... I dont see the problem?
    If people would be decked out in full 850 gear already they would complain about that instead.. "why are not raids open yet?? I want better gear NAO!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    there is multiple ways to gear up. you have choice, it's great. better rewards from world quests? go do them. Feel like doing dungeons? do it.

don't see the issue.
    Hi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Normal dungeons are not really intended for 110s. You can run a few to get the last pieces you need for heroics. Also, WQs are scaled to your ilevel so if you were in 805+ gear your WQ would be scaled much higher than a normal dungeon which I believe is around 800 or lower.
    im not much of a pve'r so this may e a horribly unpopular opinion, but why dont dungeons / HC dungeon loot scale to your ilevel as well? obviously only to a certain extent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamidroon View Post
    You ran 8 mythic and only 3 didnt drop any loot, and that's frustrating to you? How lucky are you normally? I ran 8 mythics and only 3 bosses actually dropped loot. Now THAT is frustrating
    Well my point still stand. A mythic dungeons should at least reward one loot, period.

What is frustrating is not getting anything from a mythic dungeon in particular, which takes quite a lot of sweat and time (I was tanking and believe me it is bumpy sometimes).
    Last edited by mmoc18e6a734ba; 2016-09-06 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanelis View Post
    Well my point still stand. A mythic dungeons should at least reward one loot, period.

What is frustrating is not getting anything from a mythic dungeon in particular, which takes quite a lot of sweat and time (I was tanking and believe me it is bumpy sometimes).
    Thought this happened to me only. Ran 5 Mythics, got only 2 pieces (one of them double of a same ilevel piece I already got from a Mythic WQ). But that's my loot luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Deleted
    Done every dungeon once in each difficulty. Have 843 ilvl, 2 or 3 pieces from wq, 2-3 from class hall tier and rest from mythic dungeons (plus a belt of heroics i eant to chaaaange xD). The fact, even if I was lucky with the drops, is that, on a individual basis, i can swing either way: rng is rng, you can ve extremely lucky or not. But, from a Guild perspective, which this game is a big chunk about, you are getting loot each boss for 5 people. Kinda nice rewarding.

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, yes world quests are good, but in order to make them better you need a higher ilvl which you can get from dungeons. Dungeons are great and quick when you premake your group. In terms of quantity of loot, i agree that it doesn't drop much that often and feels like there is no guarantee on drops like they had in WoD. But it's okay because the dungeons really aren't that difficult. If time is an issue, you can do world quests in between queues, but i usually don't have enough time to because my queues as a dps in heroic have generally been between 5-13 minutes. So get to 810 and just queue while doing WQ and Suramar. Then eventually you can go into Mythics again with a premade group, and we had at least 2-3 drops per run. Ran 4 Mythics last night and got 3 upgrades, 840+. Play with guild memebers, make friends and have fun while running dungeons, still more entertaining WQ though they are good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im 109 right now, ive done 5 dungeons so far and havent gotten a single piece of loot....feelsbadman

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    im not much of a pve'r so this may e a horribly unpopular opinion, but why dont dungeons / HC dungeon loot scale to your ilevel as well? obviously only to a certain extent.
    because in 2 weeks time blizzard will releade mythic + dungeons which will be both more chalenging and more rewarding gearwise

ofc it will be better if they would be out on launch so that this discussion wouldnt take place but once again in order to cater to mythic carebears we cant have that so that everybdy and their mother cant get gear higher then 850 atm -_-

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by murbaez View Post
    The thing is, yes world quests are good, but in order to make them better you need a higher ilvl which you can get from dungeons. Dungeons are great and quick when you premake your group. In terms of quantity of loot, i agree that it doesn't drop much that often and feels like there is no guarantee on drops like they had in WoD. But it's okay because the dungeons really aren't that difficult. If time is an issue, you can do world quests in between queues, but i usually don't have enough time to because my queues as a dps in heroic have generally been between 5-13 minutes. So get to 810 and just queue while doing WQ and Suramar. Then eventually you can go into Mythics again with a premade group, and we had at least 2-3 drops per run. Ran 4 Mythics last night and got 3 upgrades, 840+. Play with guild memebers, make friends and have fun while running dungeons, still more entertaining WQ though they are good.
    dungeons will be very difficult and chalenging - give it 2 weeks in this time hunt those last few upgrades finish suramar so that you have all dungeons unlocked when real chalenge aka mythic + will come out because you will desperately need that 850 gear and as much artifact traits as you can to get anywhere high in there

Theres a problem when you finish a dungeon and out of a possible 25 chances to drop loot only 1 thing drops. 60mins in a Queue followed by a 30min instance, meanwhile 2mins later another player just picked up 5 squirrels and finished a WQ for 815 Shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    So, I hit 110, rand about 5 normal instances, got 1 piece of loot. Looked at the world quests and saw about 5 pieces ready to go get 810-820, in less time than one dungeon would have taken I got those 5 pieces.

Just now I had 2 quests for a 820 neck and 815 ring, I had to kill one mob, and catch some squirrels, took 5 min.

Does any one else feel that dungeons feel a bit unrewarding?
    Sounds to me like world quests are TOO rewarding, not that dungeons aren't rewarding enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    there is multiple ways to gear up. you have choice, it's great. better rewards from world quests? go do them. Feel like doing dungeons? do it.

don't see the issue.
    The issue is that you'd be silly to run normal dungeons when world quests are WAY more rewarding. I get that they want to spread out gear in various places. What I'd like to see is gear world quests less often or normal dungeons dropping more gear. It's not clear to me what the real use of normal dungeons are, as you can out-gear them so fast by doing WQ.

Edit: another poster answered this. Normal dungeons aren't for 110; they are for leveling only and maybe a few times at 110 to push you to 810. Heroics are the real 110 dungeons. I think that's probably their stance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Theres a problem when you finish a dungeon and out of a possible 25 chances to drop loot only 1 thing drops. 60mins in a Queue followed by a 30min instance, meanwhile 2mins later another player just picked up 5 squirrels and finished a WQ for 815 Shoulders.
    To me that problem then is that WQ are too rewarding. The gear either needs to be slightly less powerful or the quests should be less common. I'd prefer the latter, since you would still see the WQ and be like "damn, let's jump on that" rather than having slightly shitty gear more often.

Quote Originally Posted by Palilou View Post
    Difference being WQ scale with your Ilvl, so in order to get 830, you have to be 820+.
    You can enter and actually complete a Mythic dungeon in 800ish gear, 810 being more reasonable. This would reward you with aprox 1 840 a run, compared to 815 gear in WQs, that do eventually run out of gear while still having gold and AP rewards all over the map.
    Actually no idea how that's related to my post. Sure mythic instances have more drop potential overall and you gear faster. Doesn't change that world reward quests are incredibly easy to complete in comparison to doing the dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about you man but I'm running these dungeons and they keep dropping me these shiny 840 epics and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    To me that problem then is that WQ are too rewarding. The gear either needs to be slightly less powerful or the quests should be less common. I'd prefer the latter, since you would still see the WQ and be like "damn, let's jump on that" rather than having slightly shitty gear more often.
    I think WQs are fine IMO. Its the dungeons having too low a chance to drop gear.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why even bother with stupid gearing methods now, just wait until welfare flood opens and zerg up in 1 week (semi-AFK WQ/ AFK LFR/AFK PVP)
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon loot drops do feel a little on the slow side. World quests are good but today I had quests for pants and neck when I already had 825s. They also love to give me agi trinkets when I'm ele/resto.

Honestly the best way to gear up is through a mix of both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Why even bother with stupid gearing methods now, just wait until welfare flood opens and zerg up in 1 week (semi-AFK WQ/ AFK LFR/AFK PVP)
    Mythic dungeons already offer better rewards than LFR will. If you're aiming to gear up for raids/mythic+ or just want to do something interesting there's reason to run mythic now.

Deleted
    Absolute nonsense! You can spam dungeons for infinite ammounts of AP. Also, i don't believe you got 1 item in 5 dungeons run from beggining to end.

Also, you need dungeons for the best trinkets. So... no, they don't feel unrewarding at all.

Update.

Ran 3 heroics, got 1 825 drop, did one world quest got an 845 chest piece, had to kill 3 non elite mobs.

The effort in reward out is jacked.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Many people like to do content as soon as it's available. They want to progress through raids, gearing up as they go, rather than just wait til the end, one shot every boss, and then be done with the game. That's what they prefer.
    If you prefer the wait and zerg method, that's fine. No issues with that. But equally there's no issue with them doing it the way they prefer.