Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    As a BM hunter, I feel really strong in PvE and wouldn't reroll, I've been top DPS pretty much everywhere so far

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't blame them.

e.g. Beast Master is absolute garbage for enjoyment imo. Ret paladin is better even. There's no synergy for a lot of classes. It's just mindless mashing and lame.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    If BM hunter didnt do well in mythic dungeons I wouldnt play that class, its so boring.
    yea same pretty much. BM and MM are both terribly designed specs.

I always considered rerolling FOTM-classes/specs to be foolish. Chances are that those specs are brought down to the level of other specs.

I'll stick to my class and specs, providing feedback and hoping that they'll listen. ^^
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-09-07 at 01:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    DKs have no mobility, that won't be changed in a hotfix. They are all valid complaints
    they never did have mobility.

DKs are fine in both pve and pvp, high mobility+grip dont really go well together in terms of balance

honestly basically every class besides warlocks are fine

some specs suck (ele, frost dk) but overall most of them are at least viable

and in an environment that the game isnt necessarly balanced the most around (low geared dungeons) obviously there's gonna be some huge outliers.

yes monks and DHs do silly AOE, but we'Ll see how good they actually are in mythic raids.

as for the fun aspect, well that's subjective

people are crying the end of the world over outlaw, i love it to bits when i couldnt stand playing the old combat it literally made my head hurt

im also pretty okay with MM hunter (BM is awful to play) but really when have hunters not been the most simple brainless dps specs?
    im pretty sure they're deliberately made easy cos every guild makes hunters do the most mechanics in a raid due to their mobile damage.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-09-07 at 01:40 AM.

Deleted
    Well... blizz said they wouldn't nerf the OP specs much, because obviously, who cares about balance when those people can cry about their lost AP spent breaking the game? So, i'd say FOTM roling to those classes is a bloody good idea!

The risk of FOTM has always been the nerfs. The moment Blizz said they wouldn't they became enablers.

Aside from that its the artifacts that are making everything unbalanced at this point. The trees were a bad idea. The infinite AP was a bad idea. But having a high level progression system besides gear was a good idea.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-09-07 at 03:06 AM.

Deleted
    U sure about that? should see mage forums and all the people complaining about fire rofl

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post

DKs are fine in both pve and pvp, high mobility+grip dont really go well together in terms of balance

and in an environment that the game isnt necessarly balanced the most around (low geared dungeons) obviously there's gonna be some huge outliers.

yes monks and DHs do silly AOE, but we'Ll see how good they actually are in mythic raids.

people are crying the end of the world over outlaw, i love it to bits when i couldnt stand playing the old combat it literally made my head hurt

im also pretty okay with MM hunter (BM is awful to play) but really when have hunters not been the most simple brainless dps specs?
    im pretty sure they're deliberately made easy cos every guild makes hunters do the most mechanics in a raid due to their mobile damage.
    Remember... its not about just raids but mythic +. If those classes keep their absurd advantage in burst AoE the groups will have unfair advantages. Certain thresholds of mythic + will be exclusive to them... because why would you nerf your group by taking much worse DPS? Burst AoE = saved time.

Deleted
    well, Monk was my main alt since MoP, and I chose this class for a main in legion, without any knowledge of power charts. But yeah, I've never seen so many monks in my life, they breed like rats, of all the dungeons I did so far, half of them was with another WW Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post

This is the worst itteration of marksman I have ever personally played

- - - Updated - - -

Youd also think blizzard could have balanced a little better in the 9 years they had in development

For plate they gutted any tools or utility the dps specs had and gave them to their respective tank specs leaving a lot of people super salty and rightfully so.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    Warlocks do tank damage but aren't tanks, there's a problem. DKs have no mobility, that won't be changed in a hotfix. They are all valid complaints
    DK's don't need mobility. Every class doesn't need everything and no weakness.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, honestly loving every second of UH DK

Quote Originally Posted by Grim32 View Post
    It's because Rogues essentially got a whole NEW spec, DH's are brand new & are reasonably powerful in AoE & fire mages are fire mages. When you compare those three classes to the others of course they look boring/old - so people will want to try the FOTM.
    Rogues didn't get a new spec, they renamed some abilties and made some tweaks, Outlaw is pretty much the same gameplay as Combat was, the core gameplay is no different.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    well, Monk was my main alt since MoP, and I chose this class for a main in legion, without any knowledge of power charts. But yeah, I've never seen so many monks in my life, they breed like rats, of all the dungeons I did so far, half of them was with another WW Monk.
    Should not be surprising when the gameplay was highly praised prior to launch, and with them being the strongest overall PVE dps in the game. They were super strong at the start of WOD though too and got nerfed into the ground, leaving them mediocre. Blizzard and their tendancy to over-nerf specs to the point where they are no longer realistically competitive means you should be worried if your spec is top performing on launch, even if your class is not billed to scale well.

Blizzard have not traditionally thought long term with nerfs, aside from perhaps killing off Demo/Survival in WOD. But those weren't nerfs based on performance, they just wanted to stop people playing the specs so the effects of them completely changing the core of the specs would cause less fuss.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-09-07 at 04:08 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    I fairly certain it depends on the fight, player, and classes all mixed...but mostly the player...not being all they can be in the game.

I don't know I won't switch class or spec because of dps , just play what I like and stick with it

Quote Originally Posted by Varaben View Post
    Further, you are experiencing what's called the recency effect, where you downplay prior events (expansions) when compared to recent events, since you have more data at your disposal (short term memory) for recent events. Perhaps you're forgetting how many DKs there were when Wrath launched. It was a fucking DK zoo in every raid.
    And one of the reasons for that zoo was not the fact that DKs were new and interesting, but the fact that they were OP as shit for quite some time into the expansion.

Blizzard fucked up with the class tuning. And the ugly mess that was the "icy touch spam" build has haunted the class ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Warlocks complaining about not being mages
    You miss the point. Locks don't complain about not being mage. That is a bit oversimplified. Let me sum this up:

- They complain their core flavor of Destruction spec (burning embers visual / taking fire / spheres) was given to Fire Mage while taken away from them.
    - They complain their core flavor for the last 10 years Demonology (Meta) was given to a new class while being taken away from them.
    - They complain their core mecanic for the last 10 years Demonology (Meta) was given to Spriests while being taken away from them.
    - They complain their DPS is on the lower end (we are not used to it, you would not expect it for a pure DPS class)
    - They complain melee can completely shut any caster with close to 100% uptime with interupts, stuns and silence.
    - The promised "Demon horde" demonology summons dots on target for 12 seconds and you have less pets than in WoD
    - They gave us a cheerleader spec instead (kek) which rotation is both awkward and unrewarding (low dps).
    - Finally: they kill the fun in the 3 specs. Affliction is oversimplified, Destro is destroyed (but good for pvp with Shadowburns / GoSac), Demonology moved to DH/SPs.

So when a design team cut both your arms while cutting also your number and give you a cheerleader spec as compensation. You have the right to be a bit pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Blizzard needs to balance the dps classes. We shouldn't have classes that OP.
    Good luck with that one,they've been totally inept in that department for over ten years as it is,thinking that will change anytime soon is somewhat delusional sadly.

Hunter here. Rerolled to one from DK for Legion as we have too many melee. Is hunter gameplay quirky. Yeah a bit. BM is missing something to press when you are waiting for CD's (add this and iam sold on BM) and MM is tied 2 to mandatory talents. My issue is with barrage pulling mobs from other dungeons... overall its OK and playable. Did not play hunter in WoD but i remember hunter from TBC (main for whole expansion) and this is still better than steadyshot macro spam...