Exploding Keg use

Started leveling my monk as my legion alt. Not level cap yet but have been playing around with brewmaster the past couple of days. Maybe it's just me but the artifact ability exploding keg seems a bit underwhelming. Is it just intended to be used as a ranged pull device and then standard DPS cd? The damage it does seems to be roughly on par with a special delivery proc, and having enemies only miss melee attacks (assuming that means standard auto attacks) doesn't seem that game changing except for smoothing out the pull maybe? Am I missing something? Compared to the WW artifact it just seems meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholder View Post
    Started leveling my monk as my legion alt. Not level cap yet but have been playing around with brewmaster the past couple of days. Maybe it's just me but the artifact ability exploding keg seems a bit underwhelming. Is it just intended to be used as a ranged pull device and then standard DPS cd? The damage it does seems to be roughly on par with a special delivery proc, and having enemies only miss melee attacks (assuming that means standard auto attacks) doesn't seem that game changing except for smoothing out the pull maybe? Am I missing something? Compared to the WW artifact it just seems meh.
    normally if something only affect autoattacks, it is stated as such. Exploding Keg causes all melee attack to miss. Including certin Boss abilities.
    What i could 100% recall is that i didnt got hit by Cordanas Lag Sweep (stun and knock back) right after she got hit by Exploding Keg
    And cheesing a special melee attack from a boss is a huge ability.
    And even if you dont get bit by only auto attacks. it only get better the more adds a fight has

i would never waste it as a range pull ability. monk has so much better ways to gather adds that it is a waste to use a 1.25 min CD

Cool, I guess it just seems like a fairly long cool down for what, on the surface, does not seem to be a huge effect. Was wondering if there were creative ways to use it to get max. impact out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I like about this ability is that unlike every other tank artifact weap CD, this one effects everyone's defense not just the BrM. So you can use it to save ANOTHER tank, not just yourself.

You could also use it to cheese certain abilities as well (like stuns if they're melee) which could be a big help to a raid.

No other tank artifact weapon abilities can do this.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama