Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Blizzard says: You'll stay on the ground, and you better f-ing like it!!!

Deleted
    EU just had the weekly maintenance that lasted an hour, and afterwards Goblin Glider Kit, Brulfist Idol and the Skyhorn Kite are all unchanged.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    And the Blizzard trademark "Nerf to shit instead of tweaks" goes on. 5 minutes, sure. But 15? Really makes you wonder if the people who make decisions on numbers over there are just plain retarded.

I'm glad. These items trivialized navigating around. It was too convenient and everyone knew it.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously considering unsubbing now, the frustration I get from not being able to fly coupled with every mob in legion scaling up and thus having max aggro radius is killing my enjoyment. I have alts that I won't be able to level until flying because of the tedium and I also can't enjoy doing professions because of the quest and star gating and archaeology and gathering is an absolute joke without flying and dodging level 110 mobs. These 3 toys were absolute godsends.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I'm glad. These items trivialized navigating around. It was too convenient and everyone knew it.
    It's not like Goblin Kites are costing a fortune, this is just Blizzard once again seeing people were having too much fun with one single item which offered everyone a major convenience and decided to make it utterly useless because tweaking it would be too much work, or simply to hard a concept to grasp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Seriously considering unsubbing now, the frustration I get from not being able to fly coupled with every mob in legion scaling up and thus having max aggro radius is killing my enjoyment. I have alts that I won't be able to level until flying because of the tedium and I also can't enjoy doing professions because of the quest and star gating and archaeology and gathering is an absolute joke without flying and dodging level 110 mobs. These 3 toys were absolute godsends.
    Please do yourself a favor and unsub if something as petty as this counts as the final straw.

It's not like Goblin Kites are costing a fortune, this is just Blizzard once again seeing people were having too much fun with one single item which offered everyone a major convenience and decided to make it utterly useless because tweaking it would be too much work, or simply to hard a concept to grasp.
    A toy that offers 4 kites per hour with unlimited uses is rationally designed, a 30 use/hour is broken. Far too into "must have or you're gimping yourself" territory.

But as usual people never think that far. Look at a number and get angry.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-09-07 at 06:14 AM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Those 3 items in combination pretty much enabled flying. We're not supposed to fly until 7.3 or 7.4 or something like that.

Deleted
    So have these changes actually gone live in the US?

I don't understand how you people can need the kite so often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    So they can ignore everything on the ground, do gathering or whatever, and then complain that the Isles feel trivial of course. Or getting through the "maze-like terrain". Because navigating using eyes and/or map is too tedious in an open world game, and the true enjoyment is aiming for yellow arrows/dots.

The only thing excessive about all this is that the item had a ridiculous 2 minute cooldown to begin with. Minimum 10.
    It's a toy, with unlimited charges.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-09-07 at 06:20 AM.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Need? No. It's a massive convencience, and that's the reason I stacked up on goblin gliders before the launch. Why they would need this item to go from "Just as good" to "Utterly useless" instead of something in between is mindblowing. Blizzard just never do these things in a sensible manner. It's to the fucking ground or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    STAY. ON THE. FUCKING. GROUND. ASSHOLES. -Blizzard.
    Or just roll DH..
    inb4 Glide has a 10 mins CD now on the Broken Islands..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Is this a fucking joke? Holy shit way to sour the great overall Legion experience blizz...
    so your saying a toy that made enginners feel shitty because their glider became something everyone had, and completly removed the market for goblin gliders got nerfed? man, i bet you people wouldent complain if a toy was added that did ALL of the prof mounting things like "cant be dismounted" and "can mine well mounted" etc
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    People here are so dramatic. It's one small thing, get over it. It's not going to ruin your gameplay.

Because Stormheim and Highmountain sucks to get around? Not to mention Blizzard thought it was a good idea to put collision on every pebble, twig, and branch. Maybe because even after reaching 110 mobs still aggro now? Even when 90% of them pose zero threat to you and are only there to annoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Need? No. It's a massive convencience, and that's the reason I stacked up on goblin gliders before the launch. Why they would need this item to go from "Just as good" to "Utterly useless" instead of something in between is mindblowing. Blizzard just never do these things in a sensible manner. It's to the fucking ground or nothing.
    One is a tradeable item, the other is an infinite toy.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    One is a tradeable item, the other is an infinite toy.
    Yes, and noone is disputing that fact. The kite already has a 1 minute duration opposed to 2 minutes from the goblin glider. A 5 minute CD would have made sense, but 15 is to the point where this just ends up being yet another item you'll use a couple of times and then forget even existed. Just a waste of time even putting it in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Yes, and noone is disputing that fact. The kite already has a 1 minute duration opposed to 2 minutes from the goblin glider. A 5 minute CD would have made sense, but 15 is to the point where this just ends up being yet another item you'll use a couple of times and then forget even existed. Just a waste of time even putting it in the game.
    The toy had a lower cooldown than the Engineering's Glider, it was way too good. They have nerfed it too harshly though, like classic Blizzard. They should've went with a 1 minute duration and 5 minute cooldown. The Brullfist Idol was just too good though, especially since it was usable in combat. A 5 minute cooldown would still warrant a goblin glider kit if you often used it, but wouldn't make it completely useless.

I'm surprised that they haven't nerfed Emerald Winds honestly, as Engineering Glider + Emerald Winds meant that you could easily reach any area you wanted from a whole lot of places, as long as you climbed a random hill/mountain for a bit.

E: Ironically Glider + Emerald Winds was (and now even more) way more effective than the things they nerfed now. I'm expecting them to nerf it within this reset, though. Even if Emerald Winds has a 10-minute cooldown.

So it the topic going to be closed for asinine reasons too? "Rant topic". I'd like to post in these DISCUSSION topics but what's the point when they just close them.