Boku wa Mari 80, final chapter - It's up on /a/, I'm really interested to see what you others have to think. I need time to process.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    I'm in this boat too. I'm way, WAY, more interested in Taichi's triumphant comeback. If he did it beating Arata it would be fucking perfect.
    Still Chihayafuru 170 -Absolutely 100% yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    As long we can agree that Ayano x Kyouko is the OTP we'll get along just fine.
    Are you implying that there's a competition? Of course that's the best pairing.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Are you implying that there's a competition? Of course that's the best pairing.
    If we don't get Ayano calling her Kyouko-chan before the manga ends, we riot. There will be blood in the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I'm too dumb for this.

I think I'm gonna put this at an 8/10. I's actually weird to think that it's over now. I just got so used to reading a new chapter whenever they came out.
    I'm gonna say 7.5/10 as a monthly read, probably 8.5 or 9/10 as a binge. When I first picked it up, I couldn't stop until I was out of stuff to read. I have never been that enthralled by anything ever; it was amazing. That ending was really low-key fucky, though. I actually really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Wait, Mari is only 80 chapters? I must have been confusing it for something else for the last couple months, thinking it numbered 200+... well, time to read that shit, I guess. Kind of annoyed at myself for not starting 'cos I thought it was a couple hundred chapters to catch up with lol
    Yeah it's only 80. It was a monthly series. It's a really fast read, too, because it's not very dialogue-heavy. I plan on taking my next day off to blitz through it for answers.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    And what do you know? 4chan is shitting on it already.
    Go figure, it requires thought. That's why I don't post unless I'm dumping something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Boku wa Mari 80 - A bit of a surreal chapter after everything we've experienced. Definitely a anti-climatic ending, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Overall a decent end, but fairly generic. Probably an 8/10 out of this. I was kind of hoping for that gut-wrenching end that we got out of Punpun, but I'm happy with it.

- - - Updated - - -

LLS 9 - Chika laying it DOWN.

Kanan x Mari pls.

T H A T S L A P.

NEW SONG.

DIA IS PERFECTION.

This episode was great, but definitely pretty sad.

New song is so good. Probably best yet. The animations for the songs in LLS are getting amazing too, it's hard to tell the CG.

I would say "NEXT WEEK WHEN" but luckily I have two episodes. Woot.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Boku wa Mari 80 - A bit of a surreal chapter after everything we've experienced. Definitely a anti-climatic ending, but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Overall a decent end, but fairly generic. Probably an 8/10 out of this. I was kind of hoping for that gut-wrenching end that we got out of Punpun, but I'm happy with it.
    I kinda liked that it was so anticlimactic. There were a lot of questions that popped up as I read it. The Fumiko photo that was taped back together on full display in the kitchen. Is that confirmation that her family was going along with it all along? How her family acted completely okay with everything? Does that mean she imagined the whole Fumiko thing since the fight with her mom was the validation of that actually happening? Does the cut from Komori packing boxes to talking to Yori about calling from college (remember Mari "calling" herself on the phone) mean anything, especially with that weird newscaster transition? Mari and Yori parted in front of the convenience store where her and Komori "switched." When she turns around after hearing "Mari-san" (Yori stopped using honorifics), there's nobody in the street; does that mean she imagined Yori walking with her? The color pages were basically reproductions of the "switch" scene from the first chapter. There are so many potential questions.

Maybe those color pages are just Mari saying goodbye to Mari-Komori?

Regardless, I liked this last chapter.

- - - Updated - - -

irl spoilers gf and i broke up because the difference in time and geography was causing issues and we weren't talking nearly as much. literally 5 minutes later, girl from work asked me out. been talking to her a little on fb and she's a pretty avid anime/manga consumer. probably not going to work out because i'm sure she has shit taste.

I was just introduced to this short comic; it is too spot on as I re-enter WoW.

Spoiler: 

kosumoth lag is real

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

irl spoilers gf and i broke up because the difference in time and geography was causing issues and we weren't talking nearly as much. literally 5 minutes later, girl from work asked me out. been talking to her a little on fb and she's a pretty avid anime/manga consumer. probably not going to work out because i'm sure she has shit taste.
    Sorry to hear that, that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    She's damn right. Those damn normies can't decide for us what's real and not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [IMG]https://67.media.tumblr.com/d03a6476f8e0e7ff71033107cc9ae604/tumblr_nsgiaqIm0G1qjsn9po1_400.jpg[IMG]

Fucking ATG... 500 times lmao. Someone's going to be busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Swisted View Post
    Fucking ATG... 500 times lmao. Someone's going to be busy.

DE book 17 - Looks like the war is finally going to start, was really looking to this part after all the foreshadowing that has been around for the past few books.I'm really anxious about what's going to happen with Ji Ning and Yu Wei though. Knowing that she is working for Seamless Gate, it wouldn't surprise me if she'd potentially turn traitor at some pivotal moment in the war, or die sacrificing herself so that Ji Ning can live.

I'm curious about the whole deal with Ninelotus over the past dozen chapters or so though, but not really in a positive way. First she became one of Ji Ning's Dao Companions during his demon heart tribulation, Ning got a treasure with lotus in it's name, the Dongyang forefather asks Ning to keep an eye out for her.

One of the things I really don't want happening at this point is Ning ending up with Ninelotus again after Yu Wei's fairly likely death depending on how it's going to be handled

Also looking forward to the DE drama adaptation which I really hope is going to be dozens of times better than the DE web anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saiki Kusuo no Psi-nan Episode 48---- EPIC episode
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    irl spoilers probably not going to work out because i'm sure she has shit taste.

And about the rest of the spoiler, you're an awesome guy so I know you tried to make things work. It's a shame that it came to this but we never know what might happen down the road right? If you need some shitposting to take your head away from it you can count on me.

In the meanwhile, have some Chihaya:

Last edited by Artorius; 2016-09-07 at 01:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking about reading this, might as well just wait for the anime.

Light Novel 'Isekai Shokudou' Gets Anime Project

On the first basement floor of a building at a corner of a shopping district near an office area, there is a shop. It is the restaurant "Yōshoku no Nekoya" (Western Cuisine Cat Restaurant), whose door is adorned with a picture of a cat. Founded five decades ago, it has since been filling the bellies of the salarymen from the office area.

While it is described as "Western cuisine," it is an extraordinary restaurant with menus beyond Western cuisine that are rich and sumptuous. However, for people from "that world," it is even more especially unique.

There is a secret in Nekoya. Every Saturday when the shop takes a day off, Nekoya is teeming full of "special customers." With the jingling of the bell, it serves the rarest, most wonderous of delicious cuisine at the request of customers from all walks of life, upbringing, and ethnicity.

Certainly, for the office workers, it is a familiar place with familiar dishes. However, for the "Saturday customers" or "people from that world," it is nothing but cuisine never seen or heard before ... an "Alternate-World Restaurant."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-works/.106199

10+ Year Old Account
    7 deadly sins episode 2 (new season): So much bloooood.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

@Artorius thanks I appreciate the kind words. It's not really that bad, just kinda sucks that it was inevitable.

OT I finished reading the Kimi no Na wa novel and holy shit. I think I cried through a good portion of the second half. It was so good, I can't wait for the movie. Easy 10/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.internationalsaimoe.com/voting/

ARENA 01: Hestia [Abstained] Isla
    ARENA 02: Ikaros [Abstained] Konno Yūki
    ARENA 03: Tobiichi Origami [Yukinoshita Yukino]
    ARENA 04: [Konjiki no Yami] Haibara Ai
    ARENA 05: Kōsaka Reina [Yuigahama Yui]
    ARENA 06: Kushina Anna [Tachibana Marika]
    ARENA 07: Shiba Miyuki [Yoshino]
    ARENA 08: [Akemi Homura] Toshinō Kyōko
    ARENA 09: Qwenthur Barbotage [Akabane Karma]
    ARENA 10: [Makishima Shōgo] Kurosaki Ichigo