Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Eu first. Game wasn't out for NA and Aussies got it halfway.

Did the hunter also hit 110 around the same time? I know those two were leveling together.
    what do you mean ozzies got it halfway?

we got it exact same time as the us lol.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I'm sure the streaming made him some cash / recognition, so good for him. I'm going to take my time and do all the quests and follow the story n stuff.
    I logged in last night after the xpac had gone live. I managed to get my artifact and return to my class hall before going to bed.

The reality is, there are people who can't play for hours on end because they have families, work and other responsibilities. For most people, I would like to think that they will enjoy the levelling, questing and lore over the coming days or, in cases like mine, probably weeks. Slow, but enjoyable.
    For the Alliance!

I care too. I'm a bit old school and I love seeing World First/Realm First achievements. It's a celebration of skill. Anyone know who got World First NA 110?

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    It is to be said though that all expansion where leveling was still a major part of content (the first 3 basicely) usually were considered the best ones, even woltk took 7+ or so days (as in 7 x 24 hours of actual playing time, and this is a very low estimate) to get 1-80 (with a lot of that being in 70-80). I too would enjoy it more if leveling was actually hard and required you to have professions, take potions and/or farm a lot of gold and if the whole process were to take the first 1-2 weeks of the expansion.

Its such a waste that so much work is in the leveling process and it usually (for the last 3 expansions) last around 10 hours or so. The expansion lasts usually 2 years or so, so 2 weeks really isnt that much, and they can always nerf the xp needed later on. (fuck alts in general)
    If it took someone 24hoursx7 to get from 70 to 80 in wrath then they was playing it wrong and the same can be said about TBC.

BC took me 3 weeks to go from 1-70 and wrath took me just a couple days to go from 70 to 80.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That's a cool accomplishment and all, but with world scaling and the artifact grind it's not going to male ucj difference. A few hours more at level cap won't matter in the long run.
    It's not a race for progression but prestige.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

So how exactly did he do it so fast? I mean hell it seemed to take me like two hours just to get to 101..I mean I wasnt keeping track of time but it felt like 2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin3o4 View Post
    So how exactly did he do it so fast? I mean hell it seemed to take me like two hours just to get to 101..I mean I wasnt keeping track of time but it felt like 2 hours.
    Multiple runs on beta. Xferred to dead server for no lag and 0 chance of losing any tag. Did it with another player where they just pulled multiple things and aoe it down. Its pretty easy only thing it took was some money and time on the beta for trial and error runs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesch View Post
    Oke, lets put this to rest once and for all, it's doesn't matter how "fair" things were for players, there still has to be one particular player who FACTUALLY IS the worlds first player to reach lvl 110 after launch, that conditions were not entirely fair DOESN'T MATTER since this is NOT a formula1 grand prix.

If this player was not the worlds first according to you, than you SHOULD also not claim that Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong we're the "worlds first" men on the moon, lets see how your logic plays out: [paraphrasing] "there are 5 major region on eath, Europe, Asia, The America's, Africa, and Australia.... since Africa, Asia, and Australia did not have access to space same time as NA did, means Buzz and Neil got the 'regional' first, not world's first"

See how stupid it sounds once we apply your 'logic' to real world achievements ?

Worlds first title doesn't give a squat about who got 'access' to certain things first, there STILL IS A FACTUAL WORLDS FIRST, and this EU was that factual worlds first.
    Everyone had access to space. There wasn't anywhere where you had to wait on a certain time to be able to access it.

Yeah you can do it also IRL but you have to get talent.

Deleted
    I bet the real world's 1st didn't stream like most don't.

This thread should be locked unless op can prove his claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Ruse View Post
    I care too. I'm a bit old school and I love seeing World First/Realm First achievements. It's a celebration of skill. Anyone know who got World First NA 110?
    World First NA doesn't exist. It's region first. But no clue really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If it took someone 24hoursx7 to get from 70 to 80 in wrath then they was playing it wrong and the same can be said about TBC.

BC took me 3 weeks to go from 1-70 and wrath took me just a couple days to go from 70 to 80.
    "even woltk took 7+ or so days (as in 7 x 24 hours of actual playing time, and this is a very low estimate) to get 1-80 (with a lot of that being in 70-80)"

to quote myself

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Why not? In an expansion that is likely to last 2 years, leveling taking even close to this amount of time is a joke.
    What if I told you

that not everyone in the world is rushing their way through leveling and trying their hardest to do everything as fast as they possibly can

The fastest Vanilla level'er in the world could go 1-60 in about 4 days /played. Does that mean Vanilla leveling is too fast? No, majority of players still took 10-20 days /played to reach 60.

Stop making generalizations based on one player's performance.

I don't understand "world firsts". How do we know? Is there an achievement?

Multiple runs on beta. Xferred to dead server for no lag and 0 chance of losing any tag. Did it with another player where they just pulled multiple things and aoe it down. Its pretty easy only thing it took was some money and time on the beta for trial and error runs.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone had access to space. There wasn't anywhere where you had to wait on a certain time to be able to access it.
    They could've purchased an EU Region account and started at the same time.
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I don't understand "world firsts". How do we know? Is there an achievement?
    The guy streamed it, so we've got a timestamp of when he hit 110. So far, nobody else has tried to contest it with a timestamp of their own.

Dang, a lot of hate in this thread about people enjoying the game differently from them. Some even very hostile.

I am surprised to see the leveling time continue to fall with the exception of MoP which had lash back for trying to sit between WotLK and Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Javelin3o4 View Post
    He was practicing on beta for like a week before launch. Trying to figure out the fastest route possible with every time saving trick he could think of, including things like goblin gliders at various points.

Quote Originally Posted by flepser View Post
    They could've purchased an EU Region account and started at the same time.
    Because everyone would have a great connection to there.

I would like to compare with them

Because everyone would have a great connection to there.
    I'm just using your flawed argument in a different setting. See how silly it is?
    Epics for show, Greens for the pro