Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What are your order of difficulty for the Dungeons in Mythic+

Hi guys, I'm trying to make four groups of 5mans to go in Dungeons Mythic+ mode to stuff for raids. So I want them to have the same order of dungeons so we can share the same IDs. So from your experience, wich dungeons are the easiest in Mythic+ and wich ones the hardest? Knowing we don't plan to go more than mythic+ 5 or 6 the first times.

Thanks!

Deleted
    You don't get a choice of which + dungeon you get do you? I thought you get a random keystone at the end of every run.

Well from what I heard you get a Key stone of difficulty +1 on the last boss for the dungeon you cleared. So you get 5 key stone mythic+1 (one for each player) by finishing a Mythic dungon in the timer

Keystones you get lead you to a random dungeon, but each player has his own key.
    Difficulty of the dungeon depend a lot on affixes you have this week and below level 7 they are all pretty easy.
    In general, I would say, there are 3 groups of dungeons

Easier ones:
    * Eye of Ashzara
    * Maw of Souls
    * Court of Stars
    * Darkheart Thicket

Medium ones:
    * Blackrook Hold
    * Neltharion's Lair

Harder Ones:
    * Arkway
    * Halls of Valor
    * Vault of the Wardens

Alright so basicly we wont be able to have the same keystone, but one Keystone open up a dungeun for 5 players if I'm correct? So is there a strat for each dungeun or you just rush trying to nike down every pack the quicker you can (I'm not talking about boss but for the run in general)?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khebul View Post

Easier ones:
    * Eye of Ashzara
    * Maw of Souls
    * Court of Stars
    * Darkheart Thicket

Medium ones:
    * Blackrook Hold
    * Neltharion's Lair

Harder Ones:
    * Arkway
    * Halls of Valor
    * Vault of the Wardens
    I agree with this except I'd put vault in the medium category and I find Nelth easier to deal with than Blackrook.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard to say how things will work out (if certain Dungeons are harder with certain Affixes and etc etc) but based on doing all of the Mythics this week, I'd rank them in difficulty as follows...and I'll be saying this from the perspective of a healer:

Easy
    Eye of Azshara
    Darkheart Thicket
    Neltharion's Lair

Moderate
    Maw of Souls (Helya mainly - the other two bosses are cake)
    Blackrook Hold

Hard
    Vault of the Wardens
    Halls of Valor

I haven't had the pleasure of doing either Court of Stars or Arcway at this time. I'm still 3000 into Honored with the Nightfallen, and I swear I have no clue how to push that further other than WQs at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    It's hard to say how things will work out (if certain Dungeons are harder with certain Affixes and etc etc) but based on doing all of the Mythics this week, I'd rank them in difficulty as follows...and I'll be saying this from the perspective of a healer:

Easy
    Eye of Azshara
    Darkheart Thicket
    Neltharion's Lair

Moderate
    Maw of Souls (Helya mainly - the other two bosses are cake)
    Blackrook Hold

Hard
    Vault of the Wardens
    Halls of Valor

I haven't had the pleasure of doing either Court of Stars or Arcway at this time. I'm still 3000 into Honored with the Nightfallen, and I swear I have no clue how to push that further other than WQs at this point.
    Why is HoV always ranked so high? Due to trash?

I found Nelthrion's Lair to be the most difficult because my group fails to observe the 2nd boss properly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Why is HoV always ranked so high? Due to trash?

I found Nelthrion's Lair to be the most difficult because my group fails to observe the 2nd boss properly.
    Really the second boss? We found it simple, but I'm not sure if it wasn't bugged. He never went into the pots for us and we just avoided the hands (admittedly the fact there were 4 hands was a surprise to the first person). We only wiped once in Neltharion's and that was to the last guy. Our rogue got stomped the first 5 seconds in by the add.

I found HoV difficult mainly because I think it was one of the first ones we did, we weren't as highly geared as we should have been. Hrjya (or whatever her name is) was quite rough on us and then Odyn and the guy before him were crazy as well. The amount of trash made it tedious as well.

The only one my group found difficult was Vault of the Wardens due to the second boss. We did that one 4th last I think. It's hard to gauge what was more difficult because we went from ~815 to ~835 during them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Really the second boss? We found it simple, but I'm not sure if it wasn't bugged. He never went into the pots for us and we just avoided the hands (admittedly the fact there were 4 hands was a surprise to the first person). We only wiped once in Neltharion's and that was to the last guy. Our rogue got stomped the first 5 seconds in by the add.

I found HoV difficult mainly because I think it was one of the first ones we did, we weren't as highly geared as we should have been. Hrjya (or whatever her name is) was quite rough on us and then Odyn and the guy before him were crazy as well. The amount of trash made it tedious as well.
    Nelth lair was the first one we did, so maybe gear was an issue, but we had two totem phases on him, and if we failed to kill the real totem on 1st or 2nd try, our healer got overwhelmed by damage and couldn't keep up.

Shocked that people are saying EoA is easy. The final boss is the only boss my group has ever had trouble with (ie we wiped at least half a dozen attempts).

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Halls of Valor trash can hit pretty hard without proper CC.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    Shocked that people are saying EoA is easy. The final boss is the only boss my group has ever had trouble with (ie we wiped at least half a dozen attempts).
    Last boss of EoA becomes very easy if your dps are strong, since the fight starts off very slow.

If you have a hunter, warrior, or shadowpriest it largely becomes trivial by virtue of their executes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Some bosses are going to get much more difficult when you can't trivially ignore mechanics like you can in mythic. It's hard to judge anything right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Some bosses are going to get much more difficult when you can't trivially ignore mechanics like you can in mythic. It's hard to judge anything right now.
    Yeah, this. You get fights like Cordana, that are really mechanical, but rather easy once you get that down. Some bosses are more or less pure gear checks, like Smashspite in Blackrook who just starts murdering the tank at some point or Oakheart in Darkheart Thicket. The mechanics in general are pretty punishing in Legion and will just wipe you on higher Mythic+ levels if ignored.

And then you also get some insane trashmobs, like the lantern guys in Maw of Souls or the Gauntlet in Blackrook Hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Nelth lair was the first one we did, so maybe gear was an issue, but we had two totem phases on him, and if we failed to kill the real totem on 1st or 2nd try, our healer got overwhelmed by damage and couldn't keep up.
    Instead of just staring at the screen, try putting your cursor on his totem and just following it around. Makes it a lot easier (at least for me).

Hall of Valor is by far the most difficult to heal, especially the trash to be honest.

The rest is pretty much the same.

The easiest by far is Assault on the Violet Hold.

Quote Originally Posted by UnknownSoldier View Post
    EoA is a nightmare for low mobility casters with that fu**ing wind mechanic (speaking of HC)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©