10+ Year Old Account
    Devin Hester to the Ravens. I didn't realize he was still playing. Extend that record even more.

How will Siemien do as QB?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    First time starter, with limited previous success, but good enough to outplay a first round pick and a former starter and now decent back up QB. Much will depend on how well the Broncos succeed in hiding his weaknesses, but eventually he'll have to just be the guy, make the reads, make the adjustments, get everything lined up and started the right way and most importantly, make the throws.

Given that, how do YOU think he'll do? cause seriously, your guess is as good as ours.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think much, he won out because he was the only one with previous experience in their system. Sanchez did nothing to justify his salary so they cut him, and they knew Lynch would be a WIP.

At least the financial situation at QB is fine, the Eagles gave out nearly $50mil in guaranteed money to QBs and their starter is Chase Daniel.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, they're putting Wentz out there, good thing it's the Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    He won't really be asked to do much. He has not even started a full year since high school, and played in an offense he did not belong in his 2 years of split time and half a year starting before getting hurt (Northwestern has been an option offense for years). Going to be a run heavy, safe throw type offense and Siemian was captain checkdown in camp (which is not a bad thing). He will basically just be asked to hand the ball off, don't take a bunch of sacks and don't turn the ball over. If he can do that, he will be doing his job.

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    At least the financial situation at QB is fine, the Eagles gave out nearly $50mil in guaranteed money to QBs and their starter is Chase Daniel.

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, they're putting Wentz out there, good thing it's the Browns.
    They might be fighting for the #1 pick this year, then again the Browns have the Eagles 1st rounder so guess they win either way.

Is there an MMO-Champ pick-em group yet?

Ravens resign Justin Forsett. That didn't last long.

I made a Pick Em group because I don't think we have one as of yet, if Im wrong ignore this one and someone will post the other one.

MMO Champion Pick Em

The password is: MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    Whats wrong with Justin Forsett? He was not that bad, judging from his numbers last year.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Whats wrong with Justin Forsett? He was not that bad, judging from his numbers last year.
    Nothing. From what I've read, they had to temporarily drop someone in order to make room to move people to IR, or something like that.,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Ravens just played poker and gambled that no one would claim Forsett or give him a better offer then they would when signing him back. They apparently needed to make roster moves and needed room temporarily for players other than Forsett, but gambled no one would be interested enough in him to nab him away from them while they worked through their roster moves.

This could have ended badly for the Ravens.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bills re-signed Brandon Tate: How bad is their receiver corp outside of Watkins?

Knowing Sexy Rexy, he's trying to milk Tate for what he has on Bill Bellichek.

In other news, the Bengals waived their 3rd round LB out of TCU: PJ Dawson.

Reports say it was beccause of his lack of professionalism and poor work ethic. This dude got compared to Burfict coming out of TCU. I hope we put him on the PS to straighten him out. I could see the Steelers grabbing him and making him a younger James Harrison, and ain't nobody got time for that.

- - - Updated - - -

How bad do you have to be for Mama Marvin to get rid of you your 2nd year as a 3rd round pick?

There's something seriously wrong with PJ Dawson. Damned Horned Frogs and their baddies.

10+ Year Old Account
    My " Bigzo is talking trash about TCU" senses tingled. I have been summoned!

Dawson eh? Weird, he never acted that badly here. Maybe Marvin doesn't have the same touch Patterson does. Hopefully he gets picked up.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    My " Bigzo is talking trash about TCU" senses tingled. I have been summoned!

Dawson eh? Weird, he never acted that badly here. Maybe Marvin doesn't have the same touch Patterson does. Hopefully he gets picked up.
    We're talking about the same guy that had faith in Chris Henry until the bitter end.

No, literally. He believed in Chris Henry until his dysfunctional background finally killed him.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't see anyone else do this yet, but here's my picks for week 1 (picks in bold):

Panthers/Broncos
    Vikings/Titans
    Bears/Texans
    Browns/Eagles
    Bills/Ravens
    Chargers/Chiefs
    Raiders/Saints
    Buccaneers/Falcons
    Bengals/Jets
    Packers/Jaguars
    Dolphins/Seahawks
    Giants/Cowboys
    Lions/Colts
    Patriots/Cardinals
    Steelers/Redskins
    Rams/49ers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherfall View Post
    Didn't see anyone else do this yet, but here's my picks for week 1 (picks in bold):
    Panthers/Broncos - I think the lack of continuity because of players leaving is a bigger problem than the quality of those players no longer being there
    Vikings/Titans - I smell an upset, just like last year for the Vikings. Better team on paper, but they'll get a Titans team that will throw every trick at them and their problem at QB will loom large in this first game. Still pretty sure the Vikings will do fine in the long run this year.
    Bears/Texans - Broncos Retirement Team is probably not going to get it done on the road against a team that will likely have JJ Watt and a QB with something to prove
    Browns/Eagles - This is the one game I'll actively avoid this week, should be a complete shit show
    Bills/Ravens - I still think the Bills have been very quiet this year and will probably surprise a few people this year by how they play. Ravens have too many holes in their roster to compete this year I think, injuries or not.
    Chargers/Chiefs - Chiefs at home in this one, against a Charger team that was putrid last year
    Raiders/Saints - I linked an article a while back making legit points about the strengths and weaknesses of the Raiders, but untill they prove me wrong I'm on board the Raiders hype train.
    Buccaneers/Falcons - Jameis Winston quietly had a pretty decent rookie campaign and early in the offseason the rumours were that he had trained like a beast and was doing all the right things to make a jump in his second year. Falcons have Julio, so they're generally in most games but I think the Falcons might get upset in their own home. Falcons are secretly my team that will just bottom out this year for no apparent reason and just stink, Julio or no Julio. Gut feeling, nothing else.
    Bengals/Jets - This is a rough one, both teams have minor issues and were good last year, but also had that feel at the end of the season that they might regress. Giving it to the Jets cause they are at home.
    Packers/Jaguars - Jags defense is going to be aweful again and I suspect Bradley may get canned after this year.
    Dolphins/Seahawks - Not even Gase can quarterback whisper Tannehill to beat the Seattle defense at home.
    Giants/Cowboys - To be honest this is more cause I want to see all the high priced aquisitions the Giants made in an effort to paper over the cracks made by bad drafting fail to make enough impact to turn it around then it is to see Dak Prescott succeed in his first game (and in general) but seeing the pre-season darling make good on the promise would be fun too.
    Lions/Colts - Colts at home, should be automatic. We'll see if things actually worked out this off season or if it's more of what we saw last year.
    Patriots/Cardinals - Cards at home, Patriots should have no chance, especially not with a first time starting QB against the Cards excellent defense. I think people will be surprised by how much of a defensive struggle this game might turn out to be.
    Steelers/Washington - Time for Washington to show that last year was no fluke and that they have a QB that can play and a team that is building towards something.
    Rams/49ers - I'll give this to the 49'ers cause they are at home, but this is a toss up between 2 teams that are likely not going to do well this year.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-09-07 at 07:55 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Bills re-signed Brandon Tate: How bad is their receiver corp outside of Watkins?
    Woods is a good #2. Goodwin is a deep threat, when he isn't injured.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Panthers/Broncos - Denver is 15-1 in home openers since 2000. Carolina is starting 2 rookie corners and not sure if they have any depth behind them. Not a good thing against 2 pro bowl receivers and Latimer or Sunshine could surprise people.
    Vikings/Titans - Titans probably aren't good enough yet talent wise to compete with playoff contenders.
    Bears/Texans - Tough to call, Osweiler was bad against the Bears last year with a better supporting cast around him, but Cutler lost Adam Gase.
    Browns/Eagles - One of like 2 games the Browns have a good shot at winning this year. Also could be for which team's #1 pick the Browns use first next year.
    Bills/Ravens - Ryan Brothers are missing like half their starting defense.
    Chargers/Chiefs - Chargers always play the AFCW close and they probably won't get swept in the division agains.
    Raiders/Saints - Does not sound like the Saints have a defense that Brees can carry yet.
    Buccaneers/Falcons - One name, Kyle Shannahan. No idea how he keeps getting jobs, he is the Rob Ryan of offensive coordinators.
    Bengals/Jets - Should be really close, going with NYJ just because they are home.
    Packers/Jaguars - Free agency winners usually end up losing once games are actually played.
    Dolphins/Seahawks - Tannehill is Tannehill and it is in Seattle.
    Giants/Cowboys - Zeke and Morris behind that o-line should be enough. Like the Jags, the Giants are a free agency winner.
    Lions/Colts - Colts defense is likely to be horrible, which is not a good matchup against a good QB and a team that should be in playoff contention.
    Patriots/Cardinals - Unless Gronk gets a bruised pinky finger and leaves the game I would still take the Pats even without Brady.
    Steelers/Redskins - Antonio Brown vs the Redskin secondary in the 1 game Big Ben will be 100% is not really fair.
    Rams/49ers - Another close game that is probably going to be a shitshow like Cleveland/Philly, but the Rams have an advantage on defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    and Ezekiel has been cleared of domestic violence. Too much conflicting accounts / not enough evidence.

Told ya. Gold digger woman...

Panthers/Broncos - Don't trust the Broncos offense. Guessing a low scoring game, but Panthers just edge them out for a win.
    Vikings/Titans - Never Bradford. Plus, I think Titans have a lot of interesting things going for them.
    Bears/Texans - Can't trust the Bears yet.
    Browns/Eagles - Picking Browns to win a game feels wrong. But
    Bills/Ravens I didn't trust Rex Ryan last year, add in his brother and I can't imagine things going well.
    Chargers/Chiefs - They should still be good this year, but Chargers usually play their division well. 50/50
    Raiders/Saints - Saints dropped their biggest dead weight (Ryan), so maybe they improve this year.
    Buccaneers/Falcons - Matty Fire and Julio gonna go off this year.
    Bengals/Jets - The Bengals can go 16-0 and they still won’t win a playoff game.
    Packers/Jaguars Should be a fun game. Packers were the better team last year and got their WR back, so they win a shootout.
    Dolphins/Seahawks - Wilson and Co should be good on both sides, and Dolphins will be Dolphins.
    Giants/Cowboys - Thinking Dak has a great first half, then gets injured for the season leaving Cowboys with another season of hilarious backups losing them every single game. Romo comes back with enough games where they can make it but more ridiculousness ensues and they just miss out.
    Lions/Colts - Luck's time is up. His numbers were flatling before he got hurt and he doesn't seem like the type to rise from the ashes.
    Patriots/Cardinals - Still expect Patriots to put up a good fight, but without Brady I'll give Cards the win here. Steelers/Redskins - I don't predict any Redskins shouting You like that after this game.
    Rams/49ers - LA comes back to the league with basically the easiest game they could hope for.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2016-09-08 at 04:13 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Brees is getting his extension. $44.25M guaranteed over 2 yrs.