Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    This is especially an issue. If you're not doing something like progression raiding it's silly to spend tens of thousands of gold on crafted gear, to grind a rep when 7.1 will drop new higher level gear, etc.

They started this with the badge gear in TBC but really adopted it in Wrath where they wanted people who came back in the middle of an expansion or who leveled alts then to be able to catch up and raid with their friends. It was an offshoot of the whole LK "Bring the player..." idea. But that led to two things - First, the idea that you can have several highly geared alts and that the game should let you have this without much pain at all and second, the devaluation of current content. They've adjusted, etc but I remember raiding for gear in LK and then the next patch, seeing that tier on the badge vendor...

Now, in the case of raiding you at least get the fun of doing the raid with friends, your guild whatever. Sure, you could have skipped that and got the same gear later but it really was the fun that you enjoyed (I hope...). With solo grinds, that's missing, so you are always cognizant of the fact that the object of you grind needs to either be something they can't just easily make irrelevant (a mount, etc) or you need to have a reason to get that thing (gear) ASAP, i.e. for progression in the current raid.

To some degree this has roots ever further back than badge gear. The jump from Vanilla to BC was possibly the biggest jump in relative power (and the first of its kind) that the game had ever seen, making pretty much anything that you worked towards in vanilla (shy of the last couple of raids that so few people did) all but useless within an hour of questing game play.

It was at that point that I mostly removed myself from the gear treadmill for the most part and decided that things like mounts and such were the way to go, because they would never be devalued (which was a sound decision of course, until the hammer fell on flying). At which point I all but left the game... but that is another story. Short version: I have only been subbed one month in nearly three years.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2016-09-06 at 09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Oh I've had repeats also, my question to you is how often are you playing during the day? I don't mean total hours played, but are you getting online every few hours?
    I suppose. Generally I'll just go clear out the world quests i want, then a few hours later do any new ones that popped up that i want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry about grinding.

In a few months or earlier even, Blizzard will release catchup mechanics/welfare that will power up your item level and artifact power automatically (research, increased rates etc, altoholics)

Basically, wasted effort now unless you want to raid top level as raids open. Blizz loves making their own content obsolete so just wait if you don't like grinding now.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Whohaaaa..I am not 110 after a week. (no idea how that guy did it in 5,5 hrs who was world first). There seems a shit ton to do....and while that may appear overwhelming now...at least I still have a shit ton to do over the next weeks / months. And luckily no "We have to raid next week" pressure from a guild.
    Casual.

Music and mary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Find it rather grindy, wouldn't mind if it was just reps to grind but on top of that you have currency. The mana for those stupid elves, drowned mana for fishing, eyes for underbelly, not to mention the wonderful return of garrison resources and the new weapon power. Could of done with a few less of them.

I would like to have one too

Deleted
    Either you have content players run out of very fast, or you have some form of grinding.

Artifact power is not a grind. It's just given to you for playing the game, and occasionally you get a talent reward which is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Artifact power is not a grind. It's just given to you for playing the game, and occasionally you get a talent reward which is cool.
    This, if you grind AP you are retarded or a serious NEET. Play the game and enjoy the passive leveling of your artifact.

The biggest grind is the travel grind. I don't really care that the world aspires quests are. varied, they are still dailies. Except now there are no hubs and I have to taxi to each area, then ride through a bunch of mobs to get to graduate the quest, then kill the same mobs I killed while leveling (and at 110 they are harder to kill), then run to the next area on the other side of the zone.

People say MoP was grindy but I remember doing all but one set of dailies (fishing ones) in 2 hrs because I could fly. No flying in WoD wasn't such a big deal because there was nothing to do outside the garrison. No flying in legion is horrible and just adds to the grinding.

AP isn't really grindy because once you hit the diminishing returns for your AK level, you might as well stop farming it because it is a wall. World quests with their low rep gains spread out all over the place with slow travel is way grindy.

And I haven't even started to get prestige levels yet.