Poll: Would you support it!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, its cruel and unusual punishment.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

In California voters created a law through the initiative process, eg it by passes state legislators, that says before a sex offender can be released he has to find a community willing to take him. Needless to say there aren't any communities willing to take a known sex offender so these guys stay in prison even though they've finished their sentences. They aren't prisoners, but they can't leave because no community will take them.

Anyways one of the prisoners is doing everything he can to get out and has agreed to something called "chemical castration". They give you a shot every month or so that shuts down your balls as if you were castrated. I don't know if this was enough to get a community to take him.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Yes for rapists and pedophiles. They clearly vermin who can't control themselves, so society should control them.

I'm surprised you others are so against the idea. I don't understand why you would want rapists and pedophiles to keep the ability of doing those things. These people are clearly deranged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Civilized as in give them a chance to reform without mutilating them. Civilized as in not subjecting people to cruel and unusual punishment. Civilized as in not becoming worse than the criminals.
    If you kill an animal, are you worse than these criminals who killed and raped other people? Let's say... a chicken. If you kill a chicken, are you worse than these people? Well... no.

Wait, but hold on. The chicken did nothing bad, now did it? "But it's an animal" - true, it is, so even if it would have done something bad, it had no concept of right and wrong, it did not understand the consequences of its actions. Yet you'd kill a dog that attacked you without blinking.

Yet... we're talking about humans here. Humans who know right from wrong. Humans who know the consequences of their actions. Humans who, despite knowing all of these things, did the bad thing, knowing what it meant. This makes these humans worse than animals. And, as stated before, we kill animals for anything, food, sport, punishment. And these criminals are worse than animals because, unlike animals, they knew what their actions meant yet did them anyway. So... why should their lives be worth more than those of animals?

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Yes for rapists and pedophiles. They clearly vermin who can't control themselves, so society should control them.

I'm surprised you others are so against the idea. I don't understand why you would want rapists and pedophiles to keep the ability of doing those things. These people are clearly deranged.

- - - Updated - - -

If you kill an animal, are you worse than these criminals who killed and raped other people? Let's say... a chicken. If you kill a chicken, are you worse than these people? Well... no.

Wait, but hold on. The chicken did nothing bad, now did it? "But it's an animal" - true, it is, so even if it would have done something bad, it had no concept of right and wrong, it did not understand the consequences of its actions. Yet you'd kill a dog that attacked you without blinking.

Yet... we're talking about humans here. Humans who know right from wrong. Humans who know the consequences of their actions. Humans who, despite knowing all of these things, did the bad thing, knowing what it meant. This makes these humans worse than animals. And, as stated before, we kill animals for anything, food, sport, punishment. And these criminals are worse than animals because, unlike animals, they knew what their actions meant yet did them anyway. So... why should their lives be worth more than those of animals?
    And we would also know what our actions mean and would do them anyway...so we'd be no better than they are.

I'm not even strictly anti-death penalty...as long as it is done quickly and humanely. Mutilating people, however, is not humane.

"You can judge a society by how well it treats its prisoners."

-Fyodor Dostoyevsky
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2016-09-07 at 08:54 AM.

It precludes the possibility of rehabilitation and proper reintegration. Perhaps those concepts aren't feasible, but I don't like the idea of ruling them out entirely.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post

For rapists, paedophiles and other kind of dangerous criminals there is a psychiatric screening process which is used to prevent them from being released to society unchecked. Most of them won't even pass that one especially if they still show signs of a potential relapse. Usually in severe cases they are held in indefinite preventive detention. Notably a lot repeat offenders are also repeat murderers, castrating them won't do anything, their brains work differently. They get high on violence and dominating other people through it.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

On a general note, no.

If a country has a limit of sexual consent of 16, and some 19 y/o guy sleeps with someone who is 15, castration is of course way over the limit.
    If someone fingers a passed out girl at a party, castration is again over the limit, but that still doesn't make it ok or a case of boys will be boys

Castration for the scum behind the New Dehli gang rape and the "Monster of the Andes", sure. The same for those that believe having sex with a virgin will cure them of HIV/AIDS which leads to (gang) rape of 5 year olds - yes! For me, the New Dehli gang rape was so gruesome, terrible and horrible, it still makes me both sad and mad to think about it

There are many neuances to being a sex offender, and I'm a firm believer of a punishment fitting the crime.

As a general note, I also hate when someone tries to rally others under "for the children!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Also the 8th amendment...specifically the part covering cruel and unusual punishment.
    It actually weirds me out that that hasn't come up before SCOTUS yet. But...it hasn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol, what the hell...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

No. We don't amputate thieves either.

Prison for life with no possibility of parole doesn't mean you can't get your rocks off again.

Its a slippery slope. Next, you'll be saying let's cut off thieves hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Yeah but i've suggested that time and time again and it was always deemed bad. But that its about cutting off balls and removing ovaries everyone seems in favor of death. Amazing how when a better solution that preserves life at the expense of the criminals ability to rape the option is shoot them.

- - - Updated - - -

No once they are out of jail they are responsible for their continued treatment if the need arises.

What you want would cost taxpayers way way more. And your way is far more barbaric and inhumane.

So far all options given by others in this thread cost more and endanger everyone.
    It's apparent that I'm dealing with someone of... well, I'm not interested in another ban. Have a nice day, and keep up the trolling!

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    World wide laws in my opinion are not good.
    It wouldn't be enforceable with different standards everywhere eg. age for statutory rape.

I was under the impression that the current course of treatment for those sex offenders who wish as terms for their treatment is chemical management. Long acting hormonal injections that make them lose they sex drive and or be unable to achieve erection.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    The death penalty wouldn't save any money, quite the opposite actually. In the U.S., the death penalty is actually more expensive than life imprisonment because of all the steps you need to go through before you can execute someone.
    How much does a rope or bullet cost, and did you miss the point about it being public? Furthermore, all of the steps that you cited are only recent, nonsensical additions to our jurisprudence, i.e. it's hogwash, the lawyers know that it's hogwash, the criminals know that it's hogwash, and the public knows that it's hogwash. Generally, a higher court can only overturn a lower court's decision on procedural issues (instead of on factual issues - which, in that scenario, would require an extreme admission or error).

a) Give them one appeal on the sentence.
    b) Hang them in public.
    c) Maximize the sentence for non DP offenders at twenty years (with ten years being the normal).
    d) Stop wasting the time and resources of the treasury on nonsensical appeals and litigation.

It's a simple concept, and you know, one that we used to follow on a regular basis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No. This isn't the middle east.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sounds like you don't want to be part of the world. You should get off the internet, permanently, to show your seriousness.
    That's an excellent retort, but did it have anything to do with the subject at hand, or do you enjoy wasting everyone's time?

But you support rape as a punishment? Because that happens alot in prisons all over the world. Inmate on Inmate rape is everywhere. The ones that do it are violent criminals and sex offenders.
    How did you come to that conclusion?

People in Prison for life with no possibility of parole and people in prison for extremely violent crimes that have possibility for parole after their case has been reviewed extensively by a jury of their peers? For male and female inmates. Would cut down on prison rape among other things.

Granted their would be a small %age that may be exonerated years down the road but nothing is perfect. Which is why they freeze sperm or eggs before having it happen so they could still have kids.

Not dicks just balls

Edit: Keep in mind alot of sex offenders have asked for castration to prevent them from doing it again. Can search google for citations.

Edit: sex offenders that have raped not small time shit like peeing in public or screwing your partner in a park.
    For serious offenders (not someone who is 18 dating a 15 year old) I would support Chemical castration for a period of time but not physical because as others stated there is innocent people who get mixed up in this. This is one of those crimes were you are guilty until proven innocent.

Not enough man power and then even more money is spent on prisons and people would bitch more. The easiest solution that isn't death is castration.
    You need to put more thought into it ie. you could put every prisoner in isolation.