Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanderhuge View Post
    The three GBoMs should just be dumped in favor of a flat 9% DPS buff in PVE. They're boring, flat buffs - which is against their current design philosophy.
    for me that would mean a 1-2% nerf. since it is not 3% of our dps on top but 3% of other players dps. the least gain I had was 10% when checking skada but as usual just personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by CptKnusper View Post
    for me that would mean a 1-2% nerf. since it is not 3% of our dps on top but 3% of other players dps. the least gain I had was 10% when checking skada but as usual just personal experience.
    This is an issue of class balance, not GBoM being better/worse for some specs. If they want Greater Blessings to be "fun" (so know this is asking for too much), it should have the old Focus Magic/Dark Intent feel of benefitting both the Paladin and buffed player. Maybe the blessing gives the Paladin a slight damage buff when it triggers?

Something like that could be kind of cool of each spec had its own Greater Blessing - Might for Ret, Kings for Protection, Wisdom for Holy. If they really want the Greater Blessings to mean something, they shouldn't be an afterthought, they should be something that other players WANT.

Deleted
    So I don't understand.

I'm supposed to put one GBoM on myself and two on others and somehow this will increase my DPS?

The GBoM on my allies account for their own damage, it wont add on my damage right? I dont get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmolive View Post
    So I don't understand.

I'm supposed to put one GBoM on myself and two on others and somehow this will increase my DPS?

The GBoM on my allies account for their own damage, it wont add on my damage right? I dont get it.
    That's just how recount or maybe skada (i don't use that meter) track it. Warcraftlogs tracks it as your own damage regardless of who its own. But both of those points are moot because it increase's your group's damage, which is what objectively matters.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredzilla View Post
    But both of those points are moot because it increase's your group's damage, which is what objectively matters.
    not when mythic groups refuses to take us retris in because recount says we're shit

Deleted
    I absolutely hate it, if we're balanced around other people doing our DPS for us through BoM. I guess it fits in the fantasy of our class, it just feels bad that our DPS is depending on other people.

Anyway, has anyone found a decent guide to follow yet? Im not convinced Icy-Veins is actually anything to go by.

10+ Year Old Account
    not when mythic groups refuses to take us retris in because recount says we're shit
    Outside of only running mythics with people from Serenity, or having a similar skill/gear gap between you and your group, you can definitely play your way into pretty much any mythic group.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nando1991 View Post
    I absolutely hate it, if we're balanced around other people doing our DPS for us through BoM. I guess it fits in the fantasy of our class, it just feels bad that our DPS is depending on other people.

Anyway, has anyone found a decent guide to follow yet? Im not convinced Icy-Veins is actually anything to go by.
    You mean like the first post of this thread?

Deleted
    ... you can definitely play your way into pretty much any mythic group.
    for this you have to get invited first. I tried to squeeze in a Halls of Valor mythic run before reset yesterday and got rejected by 12 groups, the item level requirements varied between 825 and 835 and I was wearing 841. I didn´t even try the groups looking for DPS around my ilvl knowing what would happen. In the end I got into a 820 group but just because they had the choice between me and 2 other rets with lower ilvl. The initial announcement was that if I slow them down to much they would replace me...

Deleted
    Outside of only running mythics with people from Serenity, or having a similar skill/gear gap between you and your group, you can definitely play your way into pretty much any mythic group.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean like the first post of this thread?

Haha, was ment to put "another" in between. Guess you look stupid when you miss that

I like to have more than 1 guide to go from, too compare.

10+ Year Old Account
    for this you have to get invited first. I tried to squeeze in a Halls of Valor mythic run before reset yesterday and got rejected by 12 groups, the item level requirements varied between 825 and 835 and I was wearing 841. I didn´t even try the groups looking for DPS around my ilvl knowing what would happen. In the end I got into a 820 group but just because they had the choice between me and 2 other rets with lower ilvl. The initial announcement was that if I slow them down to much they would replace me...
    That's more a statement about other people's knowledge and perspective than actual performance of our spec. I would certainly expect those of us here constantly playing ret to have a much better understanding of what we can actually do than the rest of the populace of wow. Not that it alleviates the problem, but it's a them-problem more than it is a ret-problem. Their way of thinking is nothing new. People are ignorant idiots who almost never want to learn new information that would prove their old ideas wrong.

But hey, maybe I'm just a cynic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    "I beg you pardon sirs, but my AoE is dogshit since I am completely ST oriented right now. I at least know the mechanics better than your average and my ST is pretty good since I have both on use trinkets"

Their response?

That's my experience so far. I did some mythics with guildies, but I can't do mythics with randoms. Yesterday I wasted 54 mins qeueing and being rejected every single time, not even groups looking for low ilevel DPS invited me (I'm 837 right now and most groups look for 820 or 825). It's sad.

The self-fulfilling prophecy is real. People here and elsewhere have been complaining that "Ret is the worst spec in the game ever made ever ever EVER" for months. Now that it's out, and people are realizing it's actually pretty good, there hasn't been a paradigm shift in the community yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgrin View Post
    The self-fulfilling prophecy is real. People here and elsewhere have been complaining that "Ret is the worst spec in the game ever made ever ever EVER" for months. Now that it's out, and people are realizing it's actually pretty good, there hasn't been a paradigm shift in the community yet.
    pretty good at being middle of the pack.
    I'm literally overwhelmed with joy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    "I beg you pardon sirs, but my AoE is dogshit since I am completely ST oriented right now. I at least know the mechanics better than your average and my ST is pretty good since I have both on use trinkets"

Their response?

This made my day, lol...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonuts View Post
    Pretty sad when being deathgripped is my most reliable gap closer! THAT is some BS too.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    pretty good at being middle of the pack.
    I'm literally overwhelmed with joy.
    Someone has to be in the middle. I don't understand the issue. I've been enjoying the spec.

Someone has to be in the middle. I don't understand the issue. I've been enjoying the spec.
    someone has to stop being middle of the middle of the middle of the pack.
    Once in what, 5 expansions and a decade.
    At least.

I've been enjoying poking my nostril.

Fun is subjective.
    We're not discussing fun.

The DPS of the spec is fine and totally viable in Mythics, the current "end-game" content for another 2 weeks. If you want to play the top DPS class I'd suggest re-rolling. Though flavour of the month classes come and go, your salt will remain forever.

The DPS of the spec is fine and totally viable in Mythics
    define fine and viable.
    middle of the middle of the pack?
    Sure as feth it's totally fine.

If you want to play the top DPS class I'd suggest re-rolling
    it's viable for mythics but not for top DPS?
    Flawless logic right there.

Though flavour of the month classes come and go, your salt will remain forever.
    You've yet to see salt, friend.

It's not only dps that worries us(and which you obviously miss).
    It's the lack of utility, lack of synergy between abilities, talents and traits, it's fething awful talents, it's GBlessings, and many more.

But hey, you enjoy playing shit.
    hooray.

The DPS of the spec is fine and totally viable in Mythics, the current "end-game" content for another 2 weeks. If you want to play the top DPS class I'd suggest re-rolling. Though flavour of the month classes come and go, your salt will remain forever.
    Our..DPS is fine. Wait, wut? Boss fights I hardly beat other people 10-15 ilvls behind me as an 845 ret, thats with using wings, proper "late route" ashbringer building and even throwing down a pre, and mid-fight MoD str pot. Our rotation is terrible, our mastery is now "Judgment of Colossal Smash" that makes our entire playstyle the already admittedly terrible, removed in late Cata, Arms warrior 2.0 so we're just a copy paste warrior with a blue rage bar, meets plate rogue with no bang for our buck on finishers we waste so much time building for.

Multi-target we're the only melee in game without an on-demand cleave attack, with HoR removed entirely for some reason, DS that stands for "dog shit" for damage, and best yet a mastery that isn't even a registered stat in a pack of mobs, past the whole 2 mobs it hits, while the rest laugh at us cause they have no debuff active so our mastery (That is COMPLETE FUCKING GARBAGE, only changed cause "el oh el its not engaging or fun" while boomkin as an example has a mastery that does THE EXACT SOME THING our old mastery did, but remain unchanged) actually does nothing.

Sooo..no raid utility with Blessing of Sac and Selfless Healer gone. BoP other specs have aswell, LoH is a shit 10min CD again, freedom is completely useless 99% of the time, and blessing that only Might is even mildly okay. ..Our mobility is horrid with no pursuit of justice, or Long Arm, or something to this flavor that doesn't require us to waste DPS using a movement speed increase. Our output in multi-target is so bad we're better off swapping to prot for trash to have a good 30-50k higher output. Our Defensives are a complete joke on heavy cooldown, besides SoV that absorbs a whole bit 300k....

No idea how "you're a hybrid, you don't get to be good damage, lul, you bring utility to offset this" is a good excuse or ever has been, as boomkin and now even kitty laugh at us with their peek of hybrid play class, the druid that has 4 specs...yet gets no drawbacks to being a hyrbid for tanking, damage, or healing output, but we get fucked in the ass.

Our talents are horse shit ontop of all this wonderful (Holy Wrath for example. Please healers don't heal me so I do more damage, PLEASE!!!) , aswell as every single row of talents is some more of single target / multi-target choice trade, or better yet DPS / CC, or Defensive/Mobility/DPS choice. ...Every row is sacrifice two things for one thing, and have no synergy as other classes do of what to take and where that all are on equal ground to suit to Blizzard's intention of "no more cookie cutter specs", but instead completely setting things to be EXACTLY that down to the last talent choice.

- SO lets recap. Removed Exorcism, Hand of Sac, Selfless Healer, HoR, HoW, Pursuit and Long Arm, Divine Protection, TV buffing the next DS damage, Seal System, WoG needing to be talented into, Emancipation, and if you'd like to count it...our lowering of Bubble and LoH. 12, or 13 things gone, utility, mobility, personals and output oriented.

- We gained BoW, Ashes, Hand of Hinder, and sparkle pony.

Yea..thats an even tradeoff. 2 Attacks for a lose of 3 attacks and a attack buff, any form of constant, or easy access mobility that isn't a "once a minute" style CD, that even is on the GCD as if the joke isn't good enough already, aswell as all forms of spec-specific utilities that made ret have a mild excuse to be accepted for it's less than leader of the pack style damage.

#RetLivesMatter
    Last edited by Vx-Odessa-xV; 2016-09-07 at 08:30 PM.