Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Wow, this thread is a train-wreck. OP comes and shares a topic that someone else (allegedly) posted, asks for opinions and he get thrashed and flamed to heck and back?
    Quite honestly, it's reasonable to have it nerfed. If it is really 130% speed instant 'mount', it is too much. It pigeon holes you into one follower. All your attempts at saying otherwise is just because you don't want to see it. I'm not far enough along with my class campaign to check anything out for myself.
    Except it doesn't pigeon hole you into anything, I LOVE Reghar...but only when I'm farming herbs. I don't care for his DPS output or trait when I'm doing anything other than just running around. In some ways you could consider that bad, Shaman have this one follower who is decent at helping you get around but doesn't do anything special in combat. That's really something to consider since combat is a big deal. The movement speed is very good, but it doesn't grant you anything ridiculous. 130% speed is about what Pallies and DKs get.

I don't feel limited choice at all when I look at my followers. In fact I view them like this: Myrla is there if I need lots of AoE burst DPS (something I rarely need so I view her as weak I admit), Hydroxis is there if I need an on-demand cleanse/burst heal so when I'm in PvP or if I'm dealing with specific mobs, Reghar is there when I want to farm mats and mana in Suramar or if I'm just exploring the world, and Nobundo is there if I need someone to keep me alive. Remember, you can just normally mount up and run around. It's not like we're breaking anything here with an extra 30% speed and being able to use items in that mount.

The rogue has one that does instant 90% of a mobs health on a 3 minute cooldown. I think several other classes ended up with pretty impressive abilities.

Oh shut the fuck up OP.

Quit trolling the Shaman community, these buffs are fine as it is. It doesn't needs any nerfs at all but if there are changes to be done, I would welcome more buffs to put Shaman on par with other classes.

You are just making yourself look like a complete troll, OP. (No offense, Moderators, but this OP is trying to flamebait. Can you close this thread?)

It's quite literally a flavor buff that affects basically nothing. This isn't active in dungeons. This isn't active in meaningful PvP, as Blizzard has stated they don't care if WPvP is imbalanced. This isn't active in raids. It isn't even active in Suramar City since you can't ghost wolf while disguised. Furthermore, the difference between ghost wolfing with Reghar and mounting is marginal. This thread and topic is asinine and that's why everyone is reacting the way they are.

Let me reiterate. No one but yourself is forcing you to use Rehgar. If you deem the ghost wolf buff to be "mandatory" for world questing that can be done semi-afk, then that's on you. Hell, I'm considering not using a bodyguard just to churn out missions faster. It's not like bodyguards themselves are even needed.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Yes I see your point but I don't agree with that. Hydroxis is 2 minutes cd and world questing isn't demanding in my opinion so he is mostly just flavour that can save you once in a blue moon. I think both him and Nobundo are waaaay subpar compared to Rehgar and only slightly more useful than Mylra. I'm ok with you having different view on this though and I appreciate presenting it in a more constructive manner than most posters here.

Also Rehgar in my opinion is hands down the best pick for world pvp. Once you get out of combat you can get away from anyone or chase down anyone you want, not to mention that you can chase/run away inside buildings like no one else.
    Def not. A bunch of classes get followers that will either stun you for 10 seconds, deal 50-75% of your life pretty much instantly, or debuff you with 50% dmg mods. If you arent using Hydraxis to full heal/remove the debuff then you are basically a free kill.

If you take a follower to help you, you can only do one follower quest right? Instead of two.

If they are going to take him away then at least give us GW glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by Irefusetodie View Post
    It's quite literally a flavor buff that affects basically nothing. This isn't active in dungeons. This isn't active in meaningful PvP, as Blizzard has stated they don't care if WPvP is imbalanced. This isn't active in raids. It isn't even active in Suramar City since you can't ghost wolf while disguised. Furthermore, the difference between ghost wolfing with Reghar and mounting is marginal. This thread and topic is asinine and that's why everyone is reacting the way they are.

Let me reiterate. No one but yourself is forcing you to use Rehgar. If you deem the ghost wolf buff to be "mandatory" for world questing that can be done semi-afk, then that's on you. Hell, I'm considering not using a bodyguard just to churn out missions faster. It's not like bodyguards themselves are even needed.
    err well actually I have it and it does stay active after you enter an instance in ghost wolf form (but you can't get it back once you leave ghost wolf form inside to do anything

it may lead to some degenerate cheesing of running in and out to return back to your group faster if you die in mythic+ in an indoor instance like black rook if you have a fast enough computer it's worth losing the loading times for a 15-25% (spiritwalkers grace talent for resto boosts it to 240%+any speed gear you may have), but beyond that, it's fine

Man Blithe is gonna have a field day with this thread, and seriously what Jackexe said if you don't want to use Rehgar don't the others aren't trash. I've known about Rehgars speed boost since I unlocked him and i haven't used it once you're not gimping yourself by not using him.

Deleted
    I don't even have rehgar yet but definitely would not use it. Because it is orc.

This is opposite of fun, for me fun is when I can switch combat allies, or make a real choice where picking one cool ability has a cost of losing something else..
    It sounds like you have a poor understanding of what fun is.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    I think most of you guys are talking about this from a completly wrong angle. Instead of saying "why nerf!!" or "NERF!!", why not talk about improving the other allies, so that their trait becomes on the same lvl as Reghar's just in other situations. It is never good to nerf something which is fun, but imbalance is never good for a game, no matter where the imbalance is placed.

So i would agree, that the trait is a very good outside tool, so maybe let some other champions get a little buff when it comes to combat
    Hydraxis really can't get any better than he already is unless you want to make the cooldown short enough you can use the ability multiple times in a fight.

Reghar is very convenient, but nobundo and hydraxis are a lot better for combat/wpvp.

you can use hydraxis while cc'ed. And nobundo heals for for a crazy amount when he's there.

Honestly, this is the only thing good about garrison v2 and then you want to nerf it... I really hate dazing and getting dismounted by every stupid mob. What's so OP about it? Have you ever considered that playing a tank spec is 10x more OP? never get dazed and you can finish every quest in 1 pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I don't even have rehgar yet but definitely would not use it. Because it is orc.
    And I can't wait to have him just because he's an Orc.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted
    Clearly the person that made the thread, seem to have no idea how good Reghar is in Heroes of the Strom , all hail the leader of the church , joke aside , am only lvling shaman just to be buddy budies with Reghar adventuring together, because I like him in Hots , and just feels cool to have him in game and not just in the comics.

15+ Year Old Account
    there are guides that suggest to leave him inactive cause others have better utility,
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...eactivate_all/
    https://imgur.com/a/K4tWN

so it seams that its your personal opinion its OP, tbh im not running with him and im not feeling like gimping myself, that time you are getting by faster running im getting by pulling more mobs at once with nobund, overall it don't seams that imbalanced imo
    Last edited by kosajk; 2016-09-07 at 09:39 AM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Also Rehgar in my opinion is hands down the best pick for world pvp. Once you get out of combat you can get away from anyone or chase down anyone you want, not to mention that you can chase/run away inside buildings like no one else.
    Warlocks have a 15* second stun that increases damage your target takes by 30%, it's not intrerruptable and you can't trinket or break out of...
    Last edited by Ichifails; 2016-09-07 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    there are guides that suggest to leave him inactive cause others have better utility,
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...eactivate_all/
    https://imgur.com/a/K4tWN

so it seams that its your personal opinion its OP, tbh im not running with him and im not feeling like gimping myself, that time you are getting by faster running im getting by pulling more mobs at once with nobund, overall it don't seams that imbalanced imo
    Note from the creator:
    THESE DECISIONS ARE NOT BASED ON HOW GOOD A BODYGUARD IS.
    The charts are to decide which Champions are best todo the Champion Orderhall missions with.
    So that isnt really helping your case. OP is arguing that him being overpowered has everything to do with what your linked analysis ignores.

7+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the real issue is that you do have a "real" choice. I cannot personally speak for many of the other classes but there is quite a diversity in the followers. Rehgar, as you have mentioned, offers decent damage as well as a fantastic movement ability. Hydraxis is basically giving a 3minute lay on hands. Nobundo offers a more consistent healing with a little damage to boot. As for Mylra well... she could use a buff other than just being a ranged follower. Now I could use a bit more sarcasm to describe mylra but we will keep that out of this thread. The point being, AS A SHAMAN you have three realistic choices( 4 if you want to feel sorry for the poor ele sham).

Concerning your issue with not wanting an orc, I too do not have a fondness of orcs and would rather have had Baron Scaldius or one of the elementals as a more active follower than just a 3 minute heal but sadly we do not. After WoD id rather not see too many orcs for awhile but Rehgar is one of the more known shamans so it seems more fitting to fight with him over lesser known NPC shamans.

If this was any other class i would agree with OP.

But this is the first time in 30 years that shamans got something fun and - GASP - overpowered.

Never ask for shamans to be nerfed, because they get over nerfed and then not fixed for 6 expansions in a row.