Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever happens there, the US should stay out of it. If the EU is concerned, let them deal with it. Much closer issue for them. If any inhumane circumstances take place, the US can then deal out hard trade sanctions. It is time American blood is not shed in countries who will later not give a shit we helped.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Yep, like I said.
    Like you said? it was part of his campaign for president tro pursue EU membership, it's a tad further than "we'll look into it", and this part is laughable at best

People: Booooo! We want to be able to call ourselves EU members!
    President: It's not worth ruining the country and our children's future just for a nametag guys.
    More like "I can't nick your money if we're part of the EU"

Quote Originally Posted by Keeponrage View Post
    "Putin never demanded Crimea" says hi too.
    Well, that is true. He just took it.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is time American blood is not shed in countries who will later not give a shit we helped.
    Ukraine used to be the third biggest nuclear power in the world, they made a pact with your country and others to disarm in exchange for a promise of help if anything like this ever happened lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bjoorp View Post
    Hopefully the idiots in power will get prosecuted, or run away from the country like that ex-prime minister did.
    The shit they got Ukraine in is beyond comprehension.
    And all the war they did to their own people is gruesome.
    Crimea was and will always be Russian.
    All of Ukraine is Russian, it's birthplace of Russia, those in western part were conquered by catholic countries n became Catholic-Russians, but cuz they got change of church want to pretend they are a different people. Sort of Ukraine is Russia's northern Ireland.
    Those catholics know deep down that they r Russian so are so touchy about it they want to forcibly make everyone who haven't stopped identifying as Russian to change n pretend too.
    Ukraine means borderlands never has been an ethnic term.

Western Ukraine has no right to southern n eastern part of country when they want to force people to stop identifying as Russian.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Like you said?
    Yeah, I mentioned that he agreed to pursue EU ties and met with the EU.

Many of the people of Ukraine may not like it but the fact remains that the deal offered by the EU was SIGNIFICANTLY worse for the country than the one offered by Russia, Yanukovych made the right call even if it was an unpopular one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Whatever happens there, the US should stay out of it. If the EU is concerned, let them deal with it. Much closer issue for them. If any inhumane circumstances take place, the US can then deal out hard trade sanctions. It is time American blood is not shed in countries who will later not give a shit we helped.
    You mean it should stay out from now on?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Crimea says hi.
    "Well, hi there, Crimea! Did Putin ever demand you from Kiev? No? That's what I thought. Ty bb."

Deleted
    Like you said? it was part of his campaign for president tro pursue EU membership, it's a tad further than "we'll look into it", and this part is laughable at best

EU membership which obviously should be beneficial to Ukraine. The deal in place was really strict.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    That's because you have not had a single working argument in the threads about Russia's shenanigans in the past 3 years, so you try to act condescending in the hopes that other morons like you jump on the bandwagon of false sense of superiority.
    You should stop sucking on Skroe's tit. That's his useless line. At least get YOUR own useless line.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Yeah, I mentioned that he agreed to pursue EU ties and met with the EU.

Many of the people of Ukraine may not like it but the fact remains that the deal offered by the EU was SIGNIFICANTLY worse for the country than the one offered by Russia, Yanukovych made the right call even if it was an unpopular one.
    He didnt "agree" to, it was part of his presidential campaign, it's like saying Trump agree's to pursue a wall, the guy got elected President on it.

And either way, both deals would have been better than what it is now, and you honestly have no idea if Ukraine would have become a new Poland or Bulgaria in the long run, planning your countries further goes beyond the next 5 years.

Just like mobster taking protection money from someone isn't coercion if they agree to pay it.
    Repeated polls years after say otherwise. They did want to leave =)

Also, i would like such vote to be help in Ukraine as a whole, you would be surprised.

Deleted
    He didnt "agree" to, it was part of his presidential campaign, it's like saying Trump agree's to pursue a wall, the guy got elected President on it.

And either way, both deals would have been better than what it is now, and you honestly have no idea if Ukraine would have become a new Poland or Bulgaria in the long run, planning your countries further goes beyond the next 5 years.
    Pursue EU deal doesnt mean accepting whatever is being given to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Pursue EU deal doesnt mean accepting whatever is being given to you.
    Which part of the deal was so dire, that it was worth walking away from?

Deleted
    Which part of the deal was so dire, that it was worth walking away from?
    Probably the part related to the huge changes Ukraine society and economy is requested to go through in order to get finances going?
    Just to give an example, there's a pro eu government in Ukraine now and still no reforms in sight.

Just like mobster taking protection money from someone isn't coercion if they agree to pay it.
    Putin knows all about that. His wealth didn't come from thin air. All rich people just need to pay some tribute for his "protection".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Probably the part related to the huge changes Ukraine society and economy is requested to go through in order to get finances going?
    Just to give an example, there's a pro eu government in Ukraine now and still no reforms in sight.
    Were theese changes any different from the other countries that joined the EU? you gotta be more specific than "changes to the society and economy", what changes? you can't argue that it's ok they dismiss it, if you have no idea what it contained.

But I can imagine the part to fight corruption must have been a pita.

Do you think that's really a possibility? I mean they're after building up a fairly sectarian society in there, how are the people going to accept such a massive 180 turn?
    Can't feed a family in the long run with kind words and empty promises by the EU, while the trade that greatly benefited both was a real thing prior to the events of Maidan.

Would it be possible? Yes, but not everyone will be happy and the top brass will put themselves in the crosshairs, or they could keep taking loans from the IMF with the austerity measures that come with them and see their population live no better than residents of Somalia.

Deleted
    i just dont give a fack

there's a pro eu government in Ukraine now and still no reforms in sight.
    http://carnegieendowment.org/2016/04...2016-pub-63486

There's been several reforms, not sure where you're getting the idea that nada has happened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavett View Post
    Can't feed a family in the long run with kind words and empty promises by the EU, while the trade that greatly benefited both was a real thing prior to the events of Maidan.

Would it be possible? Yes, but not everyone will be happy and the top brass will put themselves in the crosshairs, or they could keep taking loans from the IMF with the austerity measures that come with them and see their population live no better than residents of Somalia.
    I don't know mavett. A lot has been done and said. I know what you're saying but, when the government itself focuses on creating a divided society, changing back towards normality becomes harder every passing day.
    You might know a thing or two about it