Page 26 of 124 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Blofeld View Post
    Just a noob asking a question here, but how do you think WW will scale as we go forward? Think I saw something about it, but can't remember where.
    WW has a lot of percent damage increases so they should scale pretty well compared to most classes. As well as their high attack power ratios providing them with even more scaling.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    I have an odd question:

What other spec's rotation is like the Windwalker's? I'm asking because I am really struggling to decide on what to level next to 110. My choices are: Everything (level 100 already) but DK & War. I will specify what the characteristics of the WW's monk rotation are for me:

-Satisfying: big chunks of damage in FoF, SRK & SotW.
    -Reactory: cooldowns coming up, WDP being a spell that you can cast when FoF & SRK are on cd.
    -Relaxed: just enough deadtime in sometimes waiting chi-capped for that RSK/FoF/SotW to come off cd.
    -Unique: SE&F

Thanks in advance, guys.
    Honestly, I've been playing some Survival Hunter and it reminds me a lot of Windwalker, but rotation only. Survival has no where near the level of mobility or aoe of WW, but does have the traits you mentioned in a normal rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Carthh View Post
    Honestly, I've been playing some Survival Hunter and it reminds me a lot of Windwalker, but rotation only. Survival has no where near the level of mobility or aoe of WW, but does have the traits you mentioned in a normal rotation.
    jeez man. first wildstar, then warlock in bns, and now WW monks. stop playing all my classes

ontopic: @Babylonius . clockwise or counter for mythic+, i don't think you offered you opinion in your guide for mythic+ unless i missed it
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Anyone notice that FoF tooltip is not updating when using/adding a relic that adds another trait to Fist of the Wind? I put in another Rolling Fog relic and my tooltip damage didn't change, but the my RSK damage went down due to losing a rank in that trait (previous relic).

Perhaps a tooltip bug or a relic bug? I submitted a ticket just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    jeez man. first wildstar, then warlock in bns, and now WW monks. stop playing all my classes

ontopic: @Babylonius . clockwise or counter for mythic+, i don't think you offered you opinion in your guide for mythic+ unless i missed it
    Imo CCW, because of the more AoE traits You have there.
    Plus try to get relics to put them into FoF %DMG

I am a menace to my own destiny.

Deleted
    I have a question since walking the wind pre raid gear, trinket part is closed. Wich one of those should i play? Spiked Counterweight,Hunger of the Pack,Tirathon's Betrayal :/ these are the only ones i got so idk wich one play >-<

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FenixOscuro View Post
    I have a question since walking the wind pre raid gear, trinket part is closed. Wich one of those should i play? Spiked Counterweight,Hunger of the Pack,Tirathon's Betrayal :/ these are the only ones i got so idk wich one play >-<
    Just try to be patient, I'm working on trinket rankings and should have them back out in the next day or two.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Creatinebrah View Post
    Haha that's quite the coincidence

Quote Originally Posted by FenixOscuro View Post
    Are they all the same ilvl? If they're all equal ilvl Counterweight and Hunger are easier to play with. I haven't got Betrayal yet but I do have Faulty Countermeasure which works ok with macroing it into Touch of Death. The difference is Betrayal has a 1 min 15s cooldown which means it's up quite often and lasts 15 seconds but I have no idea how often it procs. Also not sure if using it on cooldown or waiting for each ToD would be better. Maybe delaying energizing brew to use with Betrayal is a possibility as well but I have no idea how good Betrayal actually is, I'd just stick with Counterweight and Hunger for now personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Staggered View Post
    Anyone notice that FoF tooltip is not updating when using/adding a relic that adds another trait to Fist of the Wind? I put in another Rolling Fog relic and my tooltip damage didn't change, but the my RSK damage went down due to losing a rank in that trait (previous relic).

Perhaps a tooltip bug or a relic bug? I submitted a ticket just in case.
    Just to update - I currently have 20508 AP. FoF is 5 * (525% of AP). I have 5 ranks in Fist of the Wind.

Ignoring artifact traits - I would have FoF do 5 * (5.25*20508) = 538,335 total damage.

Add in 25% from artifact - 538,335 * 1.25 = 672,918 total damage.

My tooltip currently shows 553,975 total damage. I know this is not factoring in Versa, but I currently only have 3% so even still my tooltip damage is way lower than intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Carthh View Post
    Haha that's quite the coincidence

Are they all the same ilvl? If they're all equal ilvl Counterweight and Hunger are easier to play with. I haven't got Betrayal yet but I do have Faulty Countermeasure which works ok with macroing it into Touch of Death. The difference is Betrayal has a 1 min 15s cooldown which means it's up quite often and lasts 15 seconds but I have no idea how often it procs. Also not sure if using it on cooldown or waiting for each ToD would be better. Maybe delaying energizing brew to use with Betrayal is a possibility as well but I have no idea how good Betrayal actually is, I'd just stick with Counterweight and Hunger for now personally.
    Tirathons betrayal is horrible. It usually does 1.5 - 2% of my damage. It barely procs from I've seen.

Hey guys!

what do you think about upgrading alchemist trinket? is it really good and viable for normal raids or not?
    i mean according to "askmrrobot" this trinket is not good enough and any 830 trinkets are better.

sorry for my bad english
    hope you understand me :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Babylonius View Post
    Just try to be patient, I'm working on trinket rankings and should have them back out in the next day or two.
    In your opinion, CCW or CW for mythic+ dungeons
    No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. – Socrates

Quote Originally Posted by Oziemaster View Post
    Tirathons betrayal is horrible. It usually does 1.5 - 2% of my damage. It barely procs from I've seen.
    Good to know, I figured it was probably pretty similar to Countermeasure which also isn't very good.

I hate the new storm earth and fire! It's better at pulling extra groups than a retarded hunter pet on crack while he spams barrage in every direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidenwins View Post
    I hate the new storm earth and fire! It's better at pulling extra groups than a retarded hunter pet on crack while he spams barrage in every direction.
    SEF can't pull npcs that aren't in combat unlike barrage. However it will pull mobs that are in combat but doesn't have you in the aggro table e.g mobs vs other mobs. If that happens to you it's usually because the spirits are poorly positioned that other npcs get pulled by proximity (just like pets) as they jump around the area e.g the mobs in Darkheart Thicket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollShaman View Post
    SEF can't pull npcs that aren't in combat unlike barrage. However it will pull mobs that are in combat but doesn't have you in the aggro table e.g mobs vs other mobs. If that happens to you it's usually because the spirits are poorly positioned that other npcs get pulled by proximity (just like pets) as they jump around the area e.g the mobs in Darkheart Thicket.
    Maybe not in raids/dungeons, but it sure pulled some mobs while I was killing elites in Suramar. SEF actually killed me like 5 times already.

So in my single target rotation I hit a point where Strike and FoF both come up but my clones aren't up for 6 seconds. Quick math in my head says I'll probably gain by waiting. Is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    So in my single target rotation I hit a point where Strike and FoF both come up but my clones aren't up for 6 seconds. Quick math in my head says I'll probably gain by waiting. Is this correct?
    Make another calculation -
    What if the fight is long enough to delay SEF until You have FoF and SotW up again.

I am a menace to my own destiny.

15+ Year Old Account
    So...Small theorycrafting update. Tornado Kicks was slightly changed/nerfed since beta to no longer factor in the mastery from the original Rising Sun Kick. Meaning if I did 100,000 * 1.25 from mastery. So the original RSK does 125,000 damage. However with tornado Kick, it takes the pre-mastery value (100,000) and multiplies that by 25%. So Tornado Kick will do 25,000 damage.

This SLIGHTLY lowers' it's worth, and pushes it to the 19th trait to get (following Transfer the Power) IF you are going counter clock-wise and skipping Gale Burst.

i have been trying to find where to get the 3k mastery buff , i heard its somewhere in the class hall. Anyone knows where exactly it is?