Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    This is the stupidity I can't quite understand of the left. You are saying that being racist is the same as hating a religion. That is incredibly naive and childish.

People should be allowed to openly criticise, denounce and hate ideologies. People these days that start having a fucking whinge because someone says something bad about Islam or Feminism and compare that to Racism are just jokes of people.

ALL IDEAS AND BELIEFS should be subject to criticism. If someone doesn't like your Ideas it doesn't make them a bad person, it means they don't like the shit you are saying.

Ironically people who call people Bigots all the time are usually Bigots themselves. Mostly due to the fact they are saying someone is wrong in their beliefs of disliking someone else's belief. Literally bigots calling other people bigots. It is what makes the left wing such the massive hypocrites they are.
    You're not reading my posts, or are attacking your Straw Liberal, or something.

You can attack a person's particular viewpoints/opinions, sure. If there's a Muslim who's arguing that women should be subservient, that's guy's a misogynist. Criticize away. Literally nobody is arguing otherwise. That's the complete fiction you're inventing, to be aghast at.

Where the line gets drawn is when you attack everyone who shares a superficial similarity in another respect, by claiming they all share that one dude's opinion because of that unrelated similarity. For instance, when you claim "Muslims" are misogynists. Ignoring that there are many Muslim women advocating and working to expand women's rights around the world, just by way of example. You're being prejudiced and attacking people who AREN'T misognist, because of a shared faith they have with some people who ARE.

It's exactly as ridiculous as if I argued there was a "cultural problem" in "white society", which means that "whites are racist". Because hey, look at the KKK, and the racism in the USA, and plenty of other citable examples. Is that a fair argument? Of course not. It's blatantly racist, on my part. But it's the same faulty logic used as when people claim they're just "criticizing ideas" when attacking all Muslims for ideas they do not all share.

That is the prejudice. You're targeting people who DON'T share the beliefs you claim to have an issue with.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Nothing is collapsing, stop this doomsaying already. The deaths caused by violence refugees inflict are way below the deaths caused by violence native citizens inflict, even in Germany and Sweden - nothing terrible happened so far, and nothing will.

Not sure what Greece has to do with it.

---

The facts are: there are 1.5 billion Muslims in the world, and only like 200k of them are violent. Banning Muslims, or Muslim refugees, is one of the most illogical and narrowminded suggestions one can come up with. And yet, we see these suggestions on these forums over and over, and not just on this forums - one of the two primary POTUS candidates made them as well... ISIS threatens the world very little, compared to how much all these populists do. Last time they caused World War 2, and few people enjoyed that.
    Greece is still collapsing even with being bailed out.

Also your pretend numbers make no sense...

Here is the issue. You don't know what you are talking about. You have taken a Muslim from the middle east and projected your beliefs onto them. They are not your country men.

Learn something about economics. We are in for a hell of a ride in our life times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just another way for SHillary to pretend she's under siege. At least it's not sniper fire this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Just another way for SHillary to pretend she's under siege. At least it's not sniper fire this time.
    I don't know... Is it wrong that I want Trump to put a box of throat lozenges on the podium at the start of their debates?

From the looks of things I am not really sure you are voting for Hillary anymore but rather her running mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Reading the OP - Not seeing how that makes your point.
    The peculiar mix of Anti-PC and Racism in that OP is pretty textbook Alt Right.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

You can attack a person's particular viewpoints/opinions, sure. If there's a Muslim who's arguing that women should be subservient, that's guy's a misogynist. Criticize away. Literally nobody is arguing otherwise. That's the complete fiction you're inventing, to be aghast at.

Where the line gets drawn is when you attack everyone who shares a superficial similarity in another respect, by claiming they all share that one dude's opinion because of that unrelated similarity. For instance, when you claim "Muslims" are misogynists. Ignoring that there are many Muslim women advocating and working to expand women's rights around the world, just by way of example. You're being prejudiced and attacking people who AREN'T misogynist, because of a shared faith they have with some people who ARE.
    To be fair though, in many Muslim regions, especially some of the more radical and tribal countries, there are those who are advocating for women's rights, but are also fearing death and repercussions from such a stance, that is a cultural problem for all Muslims. Much like what someone in the 1900's South would receive for advocating for equal rights for blacks or desegregation.

Even in the UAE, which is one of the most socially liberal countries in the Muslim world a few years ago, a woman was sentenced to 16 months in prison last year for having sex out of marriage and on alcohol charges after she claimed she was raped by a co-worker.

There is a cultural issue here, and it needs to be addressed. Yes there are instances where people are speaking out, that is true, but the overwhelming ideology coming out of that region is extremely misogynistic, why is that so tough to admit? It's like saying "Men are taller then women"...yeah, for the most part that is true, and we can all agree on that while acknowledging there are exceptions to that rule where Lisa Lesie is taller than Tom Cruise. Just because there is an exception to the rule, doesn't make the rule void.

When you call this out as being being prejudiced against Muslims, what you're actually doing is trying to shut down the conversation completely for some reason, which doesn't help women nor Muslims fight this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Greece is still collapsing even with being bailed out.

Also your pretend numbers make no sense...

Here is the issue. You don't know what you are talking about. You have taken a Muslim from the middle east and projected your beliefs onto them. They are not your country men.

Learn something about economics. We are in for a hell of a ride in our life times.
    Greece problems have nothing to do with refugees...

I am aware that Muslims from the Middle East are, on average, different from Americans. That's another straw man you made up in your mind that I projected my beliefs on them. One day you will open your eyes and see that your imagination and the real world are two different things, but that day is not today.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Where the line gets drawn is when you attack everyone who shares a superficial similarity in another respect, by claiming they all share that one dude's opinion because of that unrelated similarity. For instance, when you claim "Muslims" are misogynists. Ignoring that there are many Muslim women advocating and working to expand women's rights around the world, just by way of example. You're being prejudiced and attacking people who AREN'T misognist, because of a shared faith they have with some people who ARE.

It's exactly as ridiculous as if I argued there was a "cultural problem" in "white society", which means that "whites are racist". Because hey, look at the KKK, and the racism in the USA, and plenty of other citable examples. Is that a fair argument? Of course not. It's blatantly racist, on my part. But it's the same faulty logic used as when people claim they're just "criticizing ideas" when attacking all Muslims for ideas they do not all share.

That is the prejudice. You're targeting people who DON'T share the beliefs you claim to have an issue with.
    I can name a country with good civil rights that had the KKK, can you name an Islamic country that has good civil rights?

Greece problems have nothing to do with refugees...

I am aware that Muslims from the Middle East are, on average, different from Americans. That's another straw man you made up in your mind that I projected my beliefs on them. One day you will open your eyes and see that your imagination and the real world are two different things, but that day is not today.
    I don't think I will you seem to be unable to string together even the simplest of things.

The EU is not in a state of prosperity they are in a recession... Adding more debts and burdens onto them isn't going to end well. You keep trying to talk around points rather then address them. I don't think you have actually made a point or addressed a argument.

I think we will just go in a circle forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unkempt View Post
    To be fair though, in many Muslim regions, especially some of the more radical and tribal countries, there are those who are advocating for women's rights, but are also fearing death and repercussions from such a stance, that is a cultural problem for all Muslims. Much like what someone in the 1900's South would receive for advocating for equal rights for blacks or desegregation.
    You are equating a religion, with government that exploits it to maintain power. You are describing why theocracy is bad, not why Muslim religion is bad.

Even in the UAE, which is one of the most socially liberal countries in the Muslim world a few years ago, a woman was sentenced to 16 months in prison last year for having sex out of marriage and on alcohol charges after she claimed she was raped by a co-worker.
    The issue with UAE is foreign interest. This is a country that has a snow filled skiing complex built in a skyscraper, in a desert. Again, they use religion, not a reflection there off.

In US we have a presidential candidate that would ban gay marriage, due to his faux attempt to gain evangelical support. We have a party that includes teaching religion in schools as part of their platform. Yet, we have other Christian politicians who signed gay marriage into law and oppose religion in schools. The problem is that most Muslim countries are not democracy's like we have, but are ruled by theocracy. The problem isn't the religion, but government. It's no different than what would still be happening, if Church of England maintained their power.

There is a cultural issue here, and it needs to be addressed. Yes there are instances where people are speaking out, that is true, but the overwhelming ideology coming out of that region is extremely misogynistic, why is that so tough to admit? It's like saying "Men are taller then women"...yeah, for the most part that is true, and we can all agree on that while acknowledging there are exceptions to that rule where Lisa Lesie is taller than Tom Cruise. Just because there is an exception to the rule, doesn't make the rule void.
    Because those are the same tenants as Christianity and Judaism. It's not difficult to find tenants in all three where women are property. The issue you are describing is when theocracy imposes law, not culture. As an example, the same story of Lot that is commonly used by Christians against gay marriage, is the same exact story as in Koran.

The reason it's best for people like Trump to target religion, instead of the government, is because it would hit them directly in the pocket book. EAU is a huge trade center, that derives incredible wealth from it. Straining those relations, with any action towards government, would increase operation costs in that region. If you want to read about it in action, feel free to google the orogin or history of British Petroleum.

When you call this out as being being prejudiced against Muslims, what you're actually doing is trying to shut down the conversation completely for some reason, which doesn't help women nor Muslims fight this.
    Bullshit, it shifts it away from a red herring. Trump tried to shut down conversation over him being called out by a Muslim, by claiming his wife was not permitted to speak. When she appears on morning shows, what exactly does your argument do for those who are oppressed, other than show it to be completley trivial? Your argument is actually what keeps those governments in power, by distracting away from the actual issue.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Don't even bother with Endus, hes the guy that believes a person's value is determined by their race. I would have him on ignore if we were allowed to ignore mods.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    I can name a country with good civil rights that had the KKK, can you name an Islamic country that has good civil rights?
    Iran, before Brittain over threw their government, to put one in place that was more welcoming to British Petroleum. Once that government was destroyed, the people had no place to turn, but IMAMs. Who by this point have been radicalized by public demands to stop British aggression.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Don't even bother with Endus, hes the guy that believes a person's value is determined by their race. I would have him on ignore if we were allowed to ignore mods.
    Quote him saying it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I don't get the Pepe reference that seems to get thrown around a lot. That thoughtful, trollish looking frog, wtf is up with that?
    Horseshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Quote him saying it...
    You missed his spam about how all white men are racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

Quote him saying it...
    Here is his response to race:

And? Those things ARE qualities that define us

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is his response to race:
    I'm not sure how you get "a person's value is determined by their race" from that.

What I got from it is that racism and bigotry in general are problems that do exist in the world, and comic books have always had messaging trying to address bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm not sure how you get "a person's value is determined by their race" from that.

What I got from it is that racism and bigotry in general are problems that do exist in the world, and comic books have always had messaging trying to address bigotry.
    His whole point was that their race defined the person they were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I don't think I will you seem to be unable to string together even the simplest of things.

The EU is not in a state of prosperity they are in a recession... Adding more debts and burdens onto them isn't going to end well. You keep trying to talk around points rather then address them. I don't think you have actually made a point or addressed a argument.

I think we will just go in a circle forever.
    Your problem is, you have a very unsophisticated mind, so you just put everything in one pile: recession, refugees, Greece bankruptcy, everything... You put all refugees in one pile as well: "violent culture". That's pretty much the core characteristic of the "Alt-Right" we are talking about here: you see a very simplified picture of the world, and offer simplified kind of solutions ("deport refugees", "exit EU", other nonsense). These solutions have never worked, and will never work; but it is hard to explain to someone who lacks critical thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Your problem is, you have a very unsophisticated mind, so you just put everything in one pile: recession, refugees, Greece bankruptcy, everything... You put all refugees in one pile as well: "violent culture". That's pretty much the core characteristic of the "Alt-Right" we are talking about here: you see a very simplified picture of the world, and offer simplified kind of solutions ("deport refugees", "exit EU", other nonsense). These solutions have never worked, and will never work; but it is hard to explain to someone who lacks critical thinking.
    I put 100 bucks on him not even living in Europa.

10+ Year Old Account
    His whole point was that their race defined the person they were.
    Their race had a huge impact on their story, yeah, which does define them as characters. That's not the same as defining their value by that race.

- - - Updated - - -

and offer simplified kind of solutions ("deport refugees", "exit EU", other nonsense).
    Build a wall.