Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post

Undead are literally burned when they try to cast Light spells, which is why Undead Priests make no sense and nor would Undead Paladins.
    They arn't though. Look at the blue posts quoted above what I originally wrote.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Yet, this is changing, and there is no reason, for lets say, a young NElf that failled in the Drudism test to try something else other then staying all day at home taking care of his chieldren whille the his wife is fighting in the bushes... I still doubt any of the older NElfs would apreacite his decision. But yes, there is a loopholle so that NElfs can become Paladins.
    You surely know that being a Druid or a Paladin is not like some random Job you take or quit like you want?

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see Orc and Night Elf pallies. There has been a bunch in the argent crusade for years. Surely some have picked up some things.
    Aye mate

When it comes to the Holy Light, Elune trumps the Naaru. So the 'power' is there.

It also requires a cultural change though. You could argue that semi-immortal elves would be too set in their ways, but then I refer you to the Night Elf Mages. So yeah, no real reason Night Elves couldn't adopt the Paladin class.
    Last edited by GrumpyJester; 2016-09-07 at 10:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=98159/alynblaze#abilities

I found another night elf paladin. Sure he's a ghost, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Priestesses of Elune have always been closer to Paladins than priests imo. I'd be all for night elf Paladins.
    No, that would be huntresses.

As for the Night Elf Paladins, conisdering that Huntresses are paladins with just another name, they are already well established. We learnt by now that Paladin is just an umbrella term for any warrior employing the powers of the Light.

This might be a bit outdated, but if you're interested in reasoning behind Night Elven Paladins, it might still be a good read: http://cogitationesastalnaris.blogsp...-paladins.html

Deleted
    When they add Night Elf Paladins, they also should finally add the 4th Talent spec with an Archery Spec for Paladins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Maybe a hint for the next expansion, like the sunwalker were hinted.
    How they were hinted?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    How they were hinted?
    A brief little quest late in WotLK where you delivered an item to an injured Tauren, who would become Aponi Brightmane the Sunwalker Chieftain.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ddd View Post
    How they were hinted?
    Tauren paladins? Well, in Thunder Bluff there were 2 tauren, one named Aponi, forgat the other's name. Anyway, they had a speech discussing the fact that they, as in the tauren people, hold balance in high regard, and yet there are only moon druids and nobody follows the sun's teachings.

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    They arn't though. Look at the blue posts quoted above what I originally wrote.
    "The souls of the undead (Forsaken, Death Knights, ghouls, etc.) are imperfectly attached to their bodies; the dark magic that sustains them is a buffer that prevents their souls from properly joining with their bodies. This is why undead feel only faint sensations of pain or discomfort from most physical stimuli, and why the Light is so painful to their existence." -http://wow.gamepedia.com/Light#On_undead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    You surely know that being a Druid or a Paladin is not like some random Job you take or quit like you want?
    I'm not a huge suporter of the idea neither, as you might have already noticed in my previous post... But actually the lore kind of suports it. Lets look at Velen when he sugested that the shade o A'aal and Elune is the same, what if Tyrande actually was interested in that, and had asked Velen to pick some NElfs so they could be trained as Vindicators (Draenei Paladins)?

But i still don't like, yet, the lore kind of suports it, what better way to try to prove Velen's hipotesis?

I don't get why people are whinging about Night Elf Paladins needing to be Elune-themed when the justification of the theory is Delas Moonfang. She's not a "Knight of Elune" or any such a thing. She requests to join, and is granted permission by the Highlord of, the Knights of the Silver Hand. She is just a Paladin who used to be a Priest, much like Turalyon.

At one point during the quests, she even mentions that she "was once a Priestess of Elune" as in, is no longer, before joining The Silver Hand. She is a Priest of the Light during the entire quest chain.

Would it be super cool to have Moon Knights or something? Heck yeah. But it won't happen that way as we already know. The Priest and Paladin racial spells were all removed years and years ago and Blizzard has never given any indication that they regretted that decision (despite it being unpopular). Night Elves, if they get Paladin, will be Knights of the Silver Hand just like Delas, and nothing is ever going to be done to (re)differentiate Sunwalkers or Blood Knights. They all joined The Silver Hand together during the reformation in a very transparent attempt to remove what little still differentiates them.

It would be okay if Blizzard didn't take everyone with remotely similar abilities and hamfist them into one race's (usually humans) vision of what a paladin/other class is.

Lorewise, there's absolutely no reason why the Silver Hand would have invited the tauren sun druids to join their paladin order. With Blood Knights, it's less severe, but still lame because their whole aesthetic is pretty much the complete opposite of human/dwarf paladins. With Vindicators, I give it a pass, because at least they're closely allied with the humans.

If I were in charge of the Argent Crusade and wanted to build the new Order of the Silver Hand and invited the Stormwind/Ironforge splinter group of Silver Hand, the Draenei Vindicators, and maybe the Blood Knights, because at least Liadrin likes the Light, and some intern who gets the coffee said "How about those Tauren druids who focus more on the sun than the moon?" I'd be like "So...this isn't the paladin order hall? We're just inviting anyone who wants to join?"

The same logic could be employed for the holy and discipline priests inviting the shadow priests to join them. The shadow priests belong with the human/dwarf/gnome/blood elf/draenei/forsaken/worgen priests about as much as warlocks do.

The only reason all these different groups are there is because gameplay-wise, they're the same class. There's no way that Velen, a holy priest, would see a troll witch doctor practicing the most voodoo of voodoo curses and be like "yeah, that's totally similar to what I do, hey, wanna join us?"

Paladins are warriors capable of wearing heavy armor, with abilities and weapons augmented by light magic. Tyrande fits into this category, making her glaive blessed by Elune and whatnot in the Wolfheart novel. So from a lore perspective, Blizzard can make them gameplay Paladins (but they'd still be like priestesses of Elune, lorewise) as they did Sunwalkers.

If there were cosmetic glyphs that at least changed the color of the light spell effects on the different paladins to emphasize that they are in fact not all human paladins, that might help things. Similar to the warlock green fire, changing the spell icon and animation effect colors.

Paladins

Night Elves - pale blue because Elune and moonlight and whatnot.

Draenei - normal (or maybe a little bit of blue similar to their Gift of the Naaru ability, and it'd be fine to be a similar color to the Night Elf paladins because Elune is apparently the mom of the Naaru or whatever)

Human - normal

Dwarf - normal

Tauren - Orange (because they get their Light from I guess respecting the Sun or whatever, or just learning it like normal druids or any other class of magic, not by following a religious code of ethics like Silver Hand paladins do)

Blood Elf - Technically they are using normal Light, but it would be cool for them to have red light because Blood Knight, and their Seal of Blood that was around in BC was red light.

So yeah, Night Elves can be gameplay paladins just about as much as tauren can, but I'd hope to high heaven that Blizzard wouldn't make them hang out with the human paladins and be like "Woah, the Light is really cool, I'm gonna stop talking about Elune and my own culture altogether because the human way of doing things is so much better than mine!" like they're doing with the Sunwalkers and Blood Knights with the Draenei in WoD.

Blizzard cut all meaningful content for the Blood Knights in WoD, so they were just sort of there, without any meaningful story progression, but I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard said "yeah, they did do all that stuff we promised at BlizzCon, they just did it offscreen so nobody saw it, so even though the last time the Blood Knights had any spotlight, it was when they were anti-heroes unafraid to do questionable things to achieve their goals, except Liadrin who was the only one spouting off about the Light, they're all good little human paladins now, following their moral code of ethics to get their Light the 'right' way, even though they could just draw from the Sunwell and get it for free, without any of that pesky faith necessary, so their powers would never fail them even if they lost confidence against an overwhelming foe. Humans are the best, nobody try to stop us, you love humans, you cry very loudly that you love the other races and want less Khadgar and Kirin Tor and Dalaran crammed down your throat, but you really don't."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    A brief little quest late in WotLK where you delivered an item to an injured Tauren, who would become Aponi Brightmane the Sunwalker Chieftain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Tauren paladins? Well, in Thunder Bluff there were 2 tauren, one named Aponi, forgat the other's name. Anyway, they had a speech discussing the fact that they, as in the tauren people, hold balance in high regard, and yet there are only moon druids and nobody follows the sun's teachings.
    Thanks. That's interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    it looks weird because of the color.
    elunes light is obviously silver, white and a bit blueish.
    not bright yellow and golden.

i really dont give a damn about it being the same thing, it looks weird and it will look weird.
    Don't priests have golden effects as well?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leodok View Post
    Don't priests have golden effects as well?
    they do, and it freaked me out on my nelf priest, so i just started imagine it being blue/white.

Formerly known as Arafal

Delas Moonfang - NE Paladin, your thoughts?

It's no secret now, she becomes a Paladin. This means we officially have a Night Elf Paladin in lore. Any thoughts about this? Think the new lore will extend to us, the players, being able to be a NE Paladin?

http://www.wowhead.com/champion=756/...fang#abilities

Well there is the old Pandaren Death Knight follower everyone knows about, but I would not expect them to be able to be DK anytime soon. However any class that can be Priest should be able to be Paladin imo. Night Elf and Undead Paladins would be real cool. Neither are anymore outlandish then Tauren Paladins : p

Quote Originally Posted by Trathos77 View Post
    It's no secret now, she becomes a Paladin. This means we officially have a Night Elf Paladin in lore. Any thoughts about this? Think the new lore will extend to us, the players, being able to be a NE Paladin?

http://www.wowhead.com/champion=756/...fang#abilities
    Hopefully bodes well not only for that, but for a wider array of race/class combinations than we currently have.