Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your problem OP is that you think trash is a mistake, it isn't and by all accounts is as much a part of the instance as the boss encounters.

There are worse trash heavy dungeons than Legion's content, even as recently as WoD. Dungeons need trash, a string of boss fights would get boring.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're on bad drugs OP and obviously haven't played long (trash? SHADOW LAB had trash...) I've only done Darkheart, Neltharion's Lair, Halls of Valor and Eye and I love all of them. They're big, spread out and feel like real places vs something setup so you run from this room, down that hall and to the next boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    The problem isn't the trash - you need trash to make it feel like a dungeon. The problem with dungeons is the lack of loot - PL chance is set way too low and feels like a waste of time rather than simply waiting for WQ's to pop up or crafting 850 items. .
    Yeah, I dinged 110 Monday and opened World Quests last night and got two 810 pieces and an 805... more loot than from the 4 dungeons I've run. Sure, that could be a streak of bad RNG but it *feels* like dungeons aren't rewarding enough.

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    trash =/= difficulty
    trash is just mindless busy work
    Lol. Not sure what casual mode you run but in mythic the trash is usually harder than the bosses.

I actually like the current state of dungeons. And most of the trash can usually be skipped, Black Rook being an exception to this for the most part. Hell I had to teach groups how to skip 75% of the trash in Neltharions. So maybe instead of crying about the trash, think of the ways to avoid having to kill it. Makes for some fun times learning how to speed run

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Nah, there isn't a lot of trash.

This is delusional, I enjoy the dungeons but that is just downright a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    This is delusional, I enjoy the dungeons but that is just downright a lie.
    3-5 packs of trash between bosses is a lot? Seems normal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Yeah, I dinged 110 Monday and opened World Quests last night and got two 810 pieces and an 805... more loot than from the 4 dungeons I've run. Sure, that could be a streak of bad RNG but it *feels* like dungeons aren't rewarding enough.
    Yea that happens when you first open them. Get them all done and come back in a day or 2 and say that. You may get 1-2 pieces of loot a day from WQ but you can get much more at higher ilvls from dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    That's just bad RNG. I've been doing heroics/mythics with my guild and have gotten an average of one upgrade every run, a few of them warforged/titanforged.

To the OP: mythic+ is pretty much going to be all about the trash. The trash packs will likely be harder than the bosses. It's pretty much the only way to make the dungeons bigger like people asked.

Also consider that a lot of trash packs are able to be skipped with a little CC

Someone never played vanilla and how it took 3-6 hours to run lbrs because of all the damn trash

Tell that person to stop holding a gun to your head forcing you to play the game.

Oh wait...

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    The trash isn't that bad, especially when you can pull multiple mobs if you can handle the mobs.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Nah, there isn't a lot of trash.
    I disagree. I think there is a bit too much of it.

Dungeons without trash are boring. Yes some dungeons have more trash than others, but it is NOT that bad at all.

You're gonna sit there and say the bosses are uninspired when Coldana in Vault of the Wardens exists?

Hmm there is a lot of trash but I think the problem lies with their HP in comparison to our gear atm is all.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Look at all the people trying to get up on a high horse and talk about, "You just want free loot!" as if that were even really the topic.

Yes, some dungeons have a silly amount of trash. Especially Azshara. I don't care if the dungeon is longer, or more difficult, but I'd rather be fighting bosses than trash packs and adds.

(Also, I hate when the "real" knowledge you need as a tank isn't how to handle encounters or what the mechanics do, but rather which trash packs to skip so you don't get bitched at by people.)
    Trash is apart of dungeons. You're the tank so you kind of set the pace for the dungeon anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by blackphantom21 View Post
    You're gonna sit there and say the bosses are uninspired when Coldana in Vault of the Wardens exists?
    I have to say, it is one of the most incredible and innovative fights so far. Really enjoyed it, have to agree.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Excuse you, I like having to do something now, and not just afk my brain for 20 minutes to do a dungeon...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nessfalco View Post
    That's just bad RNG. I've been doing heroics/mythics with my guild and have gotten an average of one upgrade every run, a few of them warforged/titanforged.

To the OP: mythic+ is pretty much going to be all about the trash. The trash packs will likely be harder than the bosses. It's pretty much the only way to make the dungeons bigger like people asked.

Also consider that a lot of trash packs are able to be skipped with a little CC
    Could also be normals. Between this and Enitzu's reply, though, I'm happy to hear it's just crap RNG on my part. Bit annoying since I need another 20 ilevels to do mythic, but...

youre mad youre not getting geared in one day its obvious. I just now hit 850 but it took some griding and some lot sharing, the dungeons is the best 5 man content this game has seen since wrath, specially when it comes to how they are tunned. I am a veteran player who couldnt stand cata, mop, or wod. This is the first time in mayn years that blizzard manages to reel me in, to see someone say this is the worst dungeons they've played is jaw dropping to me.