Hey this might really be off-topic to what's relevant but I want to know if I'm the only one with this issue...

Have any of you SEEN the swords generated by the artifacts attack someone? I have desperately tried to see if they "strike and impale" enemies as it states in the description, but I never see them do anything. And yet when I look at damage logs, they are doing damage, lots of it. But I never SEE this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Hey this might really be off-topic to what's relevant but I want to know if I'm the only one with this issue...

Have any of you SEEN the swords generated by the artifacts attack someone? I have desperately tried to see if they "strike and impale" enemies as it states in the description, but I never see them do anything. And yet when I look at damage logs, they are doing damage, lots of it. But I never SEE this.

I have personally never seen them do anything except float next to me. I believe this was actually something that had been discussed as an issue on the beta and then was either never handel or "working as intended" and disregarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    They haven't changed them for over a month, and with all the classes changes they made some are in need of tuning. If not Tuesday then when raids open.
    They wont change anything when raids open because that's screws up the world first race. They are not changing balance till after the world first race is over, unless some spec is brokenly OP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Deleted
    I dinged 110 on friday. I quit on saturday. Leveling as Frost was an absolute drag.

It felt weak. Really had to watch out with how many mobs I would pull as survival was just really bad. I usually had to eat every other pull. At no point did I ever felt as my Frost DK was powerfull, a force to reckon. More than often it felt like a race between me and the mob, who's healthbar runs out first. At 110 you make 1 more jump in terms of mob toughness. I was happy I had Sindra's Fury at that point.

Not only did survivability make leveling slow, mobility added another layer. Plenty of classes abuse a gap closer to move between mobs. We have Wraith Walk on a 45 second cooldown. It felt so slow.

When I hit 110 fridaymorning, I started Suromar on fridaynight and saturday. I have about 800 ilvl. Still feels so weak. Eventually because of the issues I felt my leveling experience was kinda ruined, and the prospect of playing Frost with those issues for months to come, I decided not to and bench the class.

The fact my Unholy guildie was wrecking through Mythic content that weekend, topping meters, didn't quite help either.

Frost has way better survivability than Unholy does in terms of world stuff, if you were getting trucked you either overpulled, didn't utilize Dark Succor, or didn't use your tools you have on you. Nothing much more to say than that.

Another maintenance without Frost buffs or even a tweet saying they are looking into it. Guess we can assume things are staying like this. Now someone will say if it's too weak they will buff for raids. What if they don't? Are they gonna let us transfer all the AP from Blades to Apocalypse? I am sure they won't so we will be weeks behind everyone else in Artifact Power when we are forced into UH. What a disgusting way to ruin someone's enjoyment.

No tuning passes are going out right now because there's nothing to tune it against. What raid is it being tuned for exactly? Being mad over maintenance going by when there's no reason to do tuning is beyond silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vole View Post
    I have personally never seen them do anything except float next to me. I believe this was actually something that had been discussed as an issue on the beta and then was either never handel or "working as intended" and disregarded.
    Watch closely, they shoot directly into your target when they "hit". It is very fast and you have to be zoomed in to see it.

Deleted
    I'm enjoying Frost. Leveling just fine. Maxing charts in the dungeons I've done so far. No issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiarno View Post
    I dinged 110 on friday. I quit on saturday. Leveling as Frost was an absolute drag.

It felt weak. Really had to watch out with how many mobs I would pull as survival was just really bad. I usually had to eat every other pull. At no point did I ever felt as my Frost DK was powerfull, a force to reckon. More than often it felt like a race between me and the mob, who's healthbar runs out first. At 110 you make 1 more jump in terms of mob toughness. I was happy I had Sindra's Fury at that point.

Not only did survivability make leveling slow, mobility added another layer. Plenty of classes abuse a gap closer to move between mobs. We have Wraith Walk on a 45 second cooldown. It felt so slow.

When I hit 110 fridaymorning, I started Suromar on fridaynight and saturday. I have about 800 ilvl. Still feels so weak. Eventually because of the issues I felt my leveling experience was kinda ruined, and the prospect of playing Frost with those issues for months to come, I decided not to and bench the class.

The fact my Unholy guildie was wrecking through Mythic content that weekend, topping meters, didn't quite help either.
    I dont know about other classes who hit 110 but yes, you are weak as frost. But i tell you it will change as you get better gear and progress to your artifact.
    Gearing up to 810 was terrible for me, and the first hc-dungeons wasnt good either. I did alot of the pvp-wq at the towers, with low itemlvl i barely got through(the rogues were a nightmare) but thx to Koltira i still managed it. Now at 840ilvl i dont care how many mobs i pull they die so fast i can heal through everything. Raremobs no problem. In Dungeons i do double the dps from any caster and i'm very close to our monk- and dh-dps. I use the Machinegun-spec.
    I think if you get through 800-820ilvl phase you will like frost.

Quote Originally Posted by usernr333 View Post
    I dont know about other classes who hit 110 but yes, you are weak as frost. But i tell you it will change as you get better gear and progress to your artifact.
    Gearing up to 810 was terrible for me, and the first hc-dungeons wasnt good either. I did alot of the pvp-wq at the towers, with low itemlvl i barely got through(the rogues were a nightmare) but thx to Koltira i still managed it. Now at 840ilvl i dont care how many mobs i pull they die so fast i can heal through everything. Raremobs no problem. In Dungeons i do double the dps from any caster and i'm very close to our monk- and dh-dps. I use the Machinegun-spec.
    I think if you get through 800-820ilvl phase you will like frost.
    Not in my Guild...
    Lvled as frost, worked fine, entered 5-mans. Got dps handed to me by both hunter and rogue from the Guild with same ilvl. When we reached ilvl 840ish they would lead by over 60k dps in the end. (ppl I have played with forever whom I usually compete whole-hartedly with in dps).
    Tested singletarget dps on dummy, swapped to unholy and read up as much as I could and tested the build out with almost no artifact-traits up and lower ilvl-weapon and still outdid Frost by 20-30k dps on the dummy without any real feel for the spec.

Will go Unholy tonight for Mythics and see whats the result is.

Worst of all thou... mobility is so bad that I just Watch rogues whom jump around and sprint and then cry cause Im Always last to a boss.
    Make you able to atleast attack in Wraith Walk and lower the CD some please... even in Unholy with it specced its still bad

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Frost has way better survivability than Unholy does in terms of world stuff, if you were getting trucked you either overpulled, didn't utilize Dark Succor, or didn't use your tools you have on you. Nothing much more to say than that.
    dont know how you came to this conclusion

Unholy can pull massive grps and just spend the RP exclusively on Death strike wihle Epidemic and Bursting sores mow's down 4-7 guys at a time

you damn near have to spam death strike with all the Sudden doom, Wound RP capping, and Dark succor procs you get.
    Last edited by Baddok21; 2016-09-07 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Baddok21 View Post
    dont know how you came to this conclusion

Unholy can pull massive grps and just spend the RP exclusively on Death strike wihle Epidemic and Bursting sores mow's down 4-7 guys at a time

you damn near have to spam death strike with all the Sudden doom, Wound RP capping, and Dark succor procs you get.
    I was going to say something similar but work got backed up fast thanks to traffic. So I didn't get a chance to post something. But let's not forget about corpse shield too. That's far better than permafrost even if you lose your ghoul due to a fuck up.

No tuning passes are going out right now because there's nothing to tune it against. What raid is it being tuned for exactly? Being mad over maintenance going by when there's no reason to do tuning is beyond silly.
    Mythic dungeons must have provided incredible amounts of data to them.

^ This

I honestly don't get all the QQ.
    Is frost under tuned in it's current state? Yes.
    Did the xpac hit lives servers one week ago? Yes.
    Will it take time for Blizz to get an accurate representation of what each spec is actually doing on live where there is massive pool of players with varying skill levels? Yes.
    Will Blizz actually make an attempt to balance the artifacts, specs and eventually tier to be balanced? They say they will.

My suggest is to give it some time since the number of Mythic runs will increase again and also raid content is not out yet(which honestly may be what they're waiting for. This will give them a larger data pool to sift through and see what needs to be done.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    Watch closely, they shoot directly into your target when they "hit". It is very fast and you have to be zoomed in to see it.
    I will definitely keep a closer eye out for this. I still feel like they should change the animation to have the swords rise above our heads and crash down leaving a blue crash type effect like Meteor(i believe it's called).
    Last edited by Vole; 2016-09-07 at 05:04 PM.

so is there a "best build" for talents yet? im ilvl 830, just started doing mythics, and i use shattering strikes, horn of winter, avalanche, frostscythe and glacial advance. if there could be any improvements to be made, i would appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Vole View Post
    ^ This

I honestly don't get all the QQ.
    Is frost under tuned in it's current state? Yes.
    Did the xpac hit lives servers one week ago? Yes.
    Terrible argument. They've the same feedback from Frost players for months of alpha and beta. Progression raiders and streamers have always said Frost was lacking since the beginning and nothing was done about it except nerf the legendary wrists even more.

Will it take time for Blizz to get an accurate representation of what each spec is actually doing on live where there is massive pool of players with varying skill levels? Yes.
    Again, they have the data already. Us players get simcraft, Blizzard must have far superior tools to simulate raid performance and they must have groups of people playing through future content. They don't need more time to see Frost is not comparable to the rest of DPS.
    Will Blizz actually make an attempt to balance the artifacts, specs and eventually tier to be balanced? They say they will.
    We've seen no evidence of that at this time and their record on handling Frost is not clean.

My suggest is to give it some time since the number of Mythic runs will increase again and also raid content is not out yet(which honestly may be what they're waiting for. This will give them a larger data pool to sift through and see what needs to be done.
    When are people going to stop with the wait and see defense?

"It's just alpha" - Nothing was done in the beta.
    "It's just beta" - Nothing was done for launch.
    "Wait until 110" - Still underperformed.
    "Try it in mythics" - Things got even worse as the other dps specs are even stronger.
    So we are finally down to "wait until raids". I can't wait for the final defense crumbles to see what other excuse these apologists will come up with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by onlysaneone View Post
    so is there a "best build" for talents yet? im ilvl 830, just started doing mythics, and i use shattering strikes, horn of winter, avalanche, frostscythe and glacial advance. if there could be any improvements to be made, i would appreciate it
    Icy Talons/Frozen Pulse/Frost Scythe/Glacial Advance is the only viable setup at this time. Always use Frost Scythe for Killing Machine. Only use Obliterate to dump runes.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I was going to say something similar but work got backed up fast thanks to traffic. So I didn't get a chance to post something. But let's not forget about corpse shield too. That's far better than permafrost even if you lose your ghoul due to a fuck up.
    yeah the world survivability between the two specs are no where close to each other, i would go a far as saying unholy has the best world survivability of any melee DPS easily.

I dont mind but RP needs to be tuned for unholy this cant possibly be healthy.

anther thing brought up in BETA that was largely ignored but w/e

I wonder if part of the reason specs are the way they are cause Blizz got bad data from people using T18 in the scaled raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything goes towards removing Frost from the game completely. They already made double spec Demon Hunter and they will likely try to do the same thing for other classes as well. Some of the specs will be merged, some get removed. It seems that this the last expansion when we can play Frost, in 2-3 years it will be Unholy and Blood only.