Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grishnaar View Post
    Friend and I were just talking the other day that Legion is the first expansion in awhile to truly feel different and better.
    I honestly think Blizz outdid themselves in WoW after so long.
    It's about god damn time

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have MoP, to be honest.

That said, Legion is pretty good aside from some horrendous class balance.

I tried leveling a few different classes but this expansion actually made me quit just a week in rather than a few months. Although the artifact grinding, dungeons, ability pruning didn't help...I could just be tired of the game. Will revisit later on down the line once Nighthold opens up and see how everything is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I hate to admit it, but yes... it has rivaled MoP (personal fav) quite extraordinaly up until now. Patch cycles and the content we'll be getting with those, will decide if this expansion outdoes MoP in my book... Even in MoP, I got to max level without finishing each zone, jumped straight into dungeons and did dailies for rep. Very tight schedule, always predictable rewards.

Now I got to max level with 3 zones entirely emptied of quests, and Stormheim halfway done. I was even sad to interrupt Stormheim's questline, but I had so many tasks to set about and get started. I'll be raiding on the 21st, and in other expansions I would've reached a set ilvl and done a targeted reputation for specific reasons whilst waiting for raids to open...

This expansion so far, is different. I'm finishing questing in Stormheim, and will as such reach Loremaster of a new expansion at a record time. I'm extremely immersed in the Suramar campaign, I'm running dungeons, doing world quests... I felt excited to login today because I didn't KNOW what WQ would be offering me, and was not disappointed. They sent me into a dungeon, into PVP (actually saw and killed Alliance!) and around the entirety of the Broken Isles in chase of rewards. I'm @ 832 ilvl, 825 being the set ilvl required for raids, and I'm having fun gaining upgrades... in other expansions, there'd BE no more upgrades for me to receive beyond a certain ilvl at this stage.

Legion is very promising, and I think that the enjoyment people are having, is NOT simply due to "new content after being starved"... I mean, come on... most people don't leave WoW and then spend their days whining about and fixating over it on a forum, they do other things and aren't "starved" for entertainment... Hell, I'm only on the forum right now because I'm unable to login... for whatever reason...
    I feel the same way you do about Legion. It has yet to surpass MoP for me, for the same reasons you mentioned. It does feel like they took the best things and shaved off the bad things about MoP and polished them some more. Waiting for raids and later patches to see, but so far, it looks like it might top Legion for me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    ... because there's been thousands upon thousands of people, who tried to Return to WoW, from playing back In TBC/Wrath/Cata or any other older period, and were unable due to the most common reason being "I got hacked, please help", and Blizzard could do NOTHING to restore their chars. Not for loyal customers, not for anyone apparently.
    Um...if they got hacked it's their own damn fault. Blizzard has been providing the mobile authenticator FREE for years. If you have that, you don't get hacked, simple as that(believe me I know cuz I got hacked like a half dozen times in the years before I got one, and never since).

And for an older player, an old school player that Is the giant kick In the teeth with a giant metal spiked boot. Your character, the items you've collected In Vanila/TBC/Wrath, are like a true heirloom, a memory of old times, things you can't have or get anymore today. Benediction priest staff, the hunter bow, original Quel'serrar, various armor pieces like Deathbone etc. It's that nostalgia, that feeling of having rare things that will keep players playing. And If they don't have they, that won't resub, simple as that, and majority of them did not.
    I am an older player and so are all of the friends I'm playing with. I was sadly never fortunate enough to get the super rare items back in the day(almost got my ivory raptor but then it became unavailable saaaaaadness). Sure I'd love to have those as awesome skins for transmog but I'm not going to not play because I didn't have those things. Where are you getting the information that the majority of old players did not re-sub for this reason?

2. You liked AHs in Diablo 3? You are on drugs, that was just micro transactions In a SINGLEPLAYER GAME...There's less styles to play with, It's not ever changed, you pick the best DPS/Tank/Healer class, and go ham on that with PvP/PvE, there's still classes do better then others, It will never be perfectly balanced.
    While I think it's unnecessary to accuse someone of being on drugs because their opinion is different than yours, I do agree that the D3 auction house was a terrible, terrible feature and only enjoyed the game after it was removed. You're right that WoW will never be perfectly balanced, along with basically every other MMO game or MOBA game or anything of the sort, because things are constantly changing. There may be one class that is better than others at the very EXTREME top level, but for most aspects of the game your groups or raids are going to be fine with any class as a tank and any class as a healer etc. so long as the player knows what she or he is doing.

3- More buttons, more abilities = more skill In determining what to use and when, we got less buttons, dumbed down stats for Idiots and casuals, the game has become more casual Itself still, and won't ever be as good as before Cataclysm unless It goes back to Hardcore roots. Why do you think from 10 million we fell to 5.5 mil from end of Wrath until mid-WoD? And probably even less now, by estimated at least 4 mil.
    I think we have a perfect amount of abilities. All of my hot keys are used up, and I use almost all of my abilities for any class in a fight that lasts longer than a minute. I cannot remember how many useless abilities I had back in the days of vanilla wow where you'd maybe use a few once in a blue moon. Also, keep in mind that the reason there are fewer abilities is because a lot of them have been locked to a certain spec. For instance, I played a frost mage back in Molten Core. So I had a TON of abilities, i.e. fireball, arcane missiles etc but I rarely used them because the weren't worth putting in my rotation when I was specced as a frost mage. So, there aren't really fewer useful abilities, they just got rid of the worthless ones and made it more simplified so that you CAN'T use the ones that are worthless to your current spec. Also keep in mind back then there were certain mobs that were immune to magic, immune to physical, or immune to certain schools of magic, so it was necessary to have something in your back pocket. That is no longer the case, which I am happy about, because there was nothing worse than being a frost mage and having to take out mobs that were immune to your main spec spells.

1/10 for me. And If you need proof of how badly we've been mistreated as customers lately, especially returning players, who some were banned and not, click my signature's link to a gallery that showcases this, thank you!
    That website is a joke. A bunch of crybabies wanting Blizz to bend over backwards for them. There's no evidence of these people being mistreated. Just not getting what they want, which is not at all the same thing. It looks more like they're mistreating Blizz tbh.
    Last edited by Devia; 2016-09-07 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Honest question - you preferred the MoP setting and lore to this and presumably all other expansions?
    I personally did. It was refreshing new take on an old game. It had meaning to our characters. Wrath is my second favorite, but there wasn't much "new" there as far as lore or story is concerned. We knew what was going to happen before it did.

Been playing private servers since early pandaria, I think this expac is up to the standard of the older ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad you folks are enjoying, but WoD ruined WoW and Blizzard for me forever.

Not enjoying it that much.

Hate time and rep gated content.

Class balance has never been worse I think and some specs aren't fun at all.

MoP was my favourite.

So many of you readily admit to being fanbois that wet themselves if Blizzard throws you a saltine.

Good to know...

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting to note how many of us enjoyed MoP after Blizzard ironed out the stupidly grindy quest and daily gating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great expansion so far and easily better than what was in WoD in the first few months thus far.

Only downside is not having stuff automatically unlock for stuff for my alts and having to grind everything out again.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    but ever since Cata the game was never this good really.
    So...people already forgot MoP?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, are you on drugs? Have you played before Cataclysm?

1. Returning players have NEVER HAD IT WORSE THEN NOW, Blizzard telling us "Oh we're going back to vanila ways, good old times, come back, nostalgia, Illidan, demons, Ashbringer etc" It complete bs. You've not kept track of the forums I see, because there's been thousands upon thousands of people, who tried to Return to WoW, from playing back In TBC/Wrath/Cata or any other older period, and were unable due to the most common reason being "I got hacked, please help", and Blizzard could do NOTHING to restore their chars. Not for loyal customers, not for anyone apparently.

And for an older player, an old school player that Is the giant kick In the teeth with a giant metal spiked boot. Your character, the items you've collected In Vanila/TBC/Wrath, are like a true heirloom, a memory of old times, things you can't have or get anymore today. Benediction priest staff, the hunter bow, original Quel'serrar, various armor pieces like Deathbone etc. It's that nostalgia, that feeling of having rare things that will keep players playing. And If they don't have they, that won't resub, simple as that, and majority of them did not. Even though Blizzard offered them a free lvl 100 character boost, well that doesn't replace the many characters they had over the years and experienced wonders on.

2. You liked AHs in Diablo 3? You are on drugs, that was just micro transactions In a SINGLEPLAYER GAME, It's still bizzare I have to play Starcraft II online In single player missions. There's less styles to play with, It's not ever changed, you pick the best DPS/Tank/Healer class, and go ham on that with PvP/PvE, there's still classes do better then others, It will never be perfectly balanced.

3- More buttons, more abilities = more skill In determining what to use and when, we got less buttons, dumbed down stats for Idiots and casuals, the game has become more casual Itself still, and won't ever be as good as before Cataclysm unless It goes back to Hardcore roots. Why do you think from 10 million we fell to 5.5 mil from end of Wrath until mid-WoD? And probably even less now, by estimated at least 4 mil.

1/10 for me. And If you need proof of how badly we've been mistreated as customers lately, especially returning players, who some were banned and not, click my signature's link to a gallery that showcases this, thank you!
    Yeah I remember it took me over a month to get to lvl 60 on my warrior. While I was leveling me and my friend both gathered money to buy me that epic 49 2 handed hammer. I was so happy.
    Then raiding ZG and Molten Core and getting gear that looked like shit.
    WoW is not as hardcore anymore, thank god, because I'm not a kid anymore with too much time on his hands. I have other responsibilities and if a game required a month of me to get to max level then I would quit.
    Black Desert couldn't hold me for long. Fuck grinds.

You're talking just out of your ass because you're bitter about that ban.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think MoP was just amazing, in almost every way.

WoD was in many ways a disaster, but the PvE, meaning Dungeons and Raids, were the best I ever seen, better then what Legion has offered so far.

Legion is so far better then WoD, but will judge properly when raids come.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, are you on drugs? Have you played before Cataclysm?

1. Returning players have NEVER HAD IT WORSE THEN NOW, Blizzard telling us "Oh we're going back to vanila ways, good old times, come back, nostalgia, Illidan, demons, Ashbringer etc" It complete bs. You've not kept track of the forums I see, because there's been thousands upon thousands of people, who tried to Return to WoW, from playing back In TBC/Wrath/Cata or any other older period, and were unable due to the most common reason being "I got hacked, please help", and Blizzard could do NOTHING to restore their chars. Not for loyal customers, not for anyone apparently.

And for an older player, an old school player that Is the giant kick In the teeth with a giant metal spiked boot. Your character, the items you've collected In Vanila/TBC/Wrath, are like a true heirloom, a memory of old times, things you can't have or get anymore today. Benediction priest staff, the hunter bow, original Quel'serrar, various armor pieces like Deathbone etc. It's that nostalgia, that feeling of having rare things that will keep players playing. And If they don't have they, that won't resub, simple as that, and majority of them did not. Even though Blizzard offered them a free lvl 100 character boost, well that doesn't replace the many characters they had over the years and experienced wonders on.

2. You liked AHs in Diablo 3? You are on drugs, that was just micro transactions In a SINGLEPLAYER GAME, It's still bizzare I have to play Starcraft II online In single player missions. There's less styles to play with, It's not ever changed, you pick the best DPS/Tank/Healer class, and go ham on that with PvP/PvE, there's still classes do better then others, It will never be perfectly balanced.

Hahhaha you mad tho. Poor little thing.. :'(
    Buttons don't equal skill (up to a certain point, ofc).. Taking FPS for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    guys, it hasnt even been 2 weeks - wait till this surge of stuff is done with

yes its better, much better than wod so far - but now that im 846, all im doing is farming for 1 neck piece and emmisary quests thats it - professions done, gear done, obliterum forge done

Exactly threads like this was made first week of WoD.
    Just a reminder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

The WoW community is a fickle cadre of Caligula wannabes who must be entertained 24/7 or we lose our minds and begin biting at each other's throats over trivial matters like the definition of SOON™.

We've also got the collective long term memory of a potato concerning the quality of content more than a month old.

So let's see how opinions evolve over the next couple patches.
    Last edited by Lord Havik; 2016-09-08 at 10:12 AM.
    ~RAWR!

10+ Year Old Account
    So far, to me, this expansion has been great. Yeah it's only a week old, but I just don't know when the content will end. I mean, I'm looking at this so far and I just don't see when I will have time for any alts. I log on to an alt to maybe get a level and within 5 minutes, I'm logging out and back on to my main to continue doing world quests or doing dungeons with friends. This may be the first expansion where I don't level all my alts.

The one negative I'm seeing so far is concerning alts. I mean, I don't really want to do these rep grinds on all my characters to be able to get them in to raids and other dungeons. Hopefully they will have some kind of rep catch up for alts in the future.

My only real issue with Legion is that I never have the time to sit down and level my alt for a long period of time. Lots of things to do on my main at the moment.

Lets be real though... this is probably a good "problem" to have.