Poll: Would you support it!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Yes for rapists and pedophiles. They clearly vermin who can't control themselves, so society should control them.

I'm surprised you others are so against the idea. I don't understand why you would want rapists and pedophiles to keep the ability of doing those things. These people are clearly deranged.

- - - Updated - - -

If you kill an animal, are you worse than these criminals who killed and raped other people? Let's say... a chicken. If you kill a chicken, are you worse than these people? Well... no.

Wait, but hold on. The chicken did nothing bad, now did it? "But it's an animal" - true, it is, so even if it would have done something bad, it had no concept of right and wrong, it did not understand the consequences of its actions. Yet you'd kill a dog that attacked you without blinking.

Yet... we're talking about humans here. Humans who know right from wrong. Humans who know the consequences of their actions. Humans who, despite knowing all of these things, did the bad thing, knowing what it meant. This makes these humans worse than animals. And, as stated before, we kill animals for anything, food, sport, punishment. And these criminals are worse than animals because, unlike animals, they knew what their actions meant yet did them anyway. So... why should their lives be worth more than those of animals?
    You seem to talk about humanity while condoning mutilation as punishment. MMO-C morality at its best.

7+ Year Old Account
    If memory serves, between 4% - 10% of all convictions are found to be wrongful convictions. Even if we go with the low percentage, that would still be 1/25 innocent people would be disfigured/mutilated. Hence, I don't support the permanent disfigurement of convicts.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

They will never use castration as a punishment as our government will never go anywhere near the ideal of eugenics, that being a government enacts rules to remove the genetic sources in their society they deem undesireable, which is basically saying, "All Black men need to be chemically sterilized and all black children need to be aborted."

Nobody wants to follow in the footsteps of Nazi's.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    Would keep the lifers from raping and keep the Violent ones from raping.
    You sound pretty violent too...

10+ Year Old Account
    No because innocent people can get accused and how do you apologize to a innocent person that had they fun bits cut off because someone lied on them.

Well so far this thread has let me down so sad to know so many are barbaric and support rape and murder.
    We're barbaric because we're not trigger happy with castration? Why start a thread for discussion when you just want a mob of yes ma'ams for lynching?

- - - Updated - - -

Civilized as in let them back out to kill and rape. Yep so civilized

- - - Updated - - -

neither does any one else in this thread that says other options that arent in place.

Ok really going to bed now nighty ppl. Try and come up with an option that is better for all while im away.
    Your reasoning sounds high school-ish. Why are we required to find better options for you while you sleep? It's your concern.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    But you support rape as a punishment? Because that happens alot in prisons all over the world. Inmate on Inmate rape is everywhere. The ones that do it are violent criminals and sex offenders.
    Its rare here, compared to the US and 3rd world shitholes...

lol ofcourse not, what's next? cut hands off people who steal?

Should we also castrate people for making idiotic posts? Sorry, Raptor, we gotta take your balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    How much does a rope or bullet cost, and did you miss the point about it being public? Furthermore, all of the steps that you cited are only recent, nonsensical additions to our jurisprudence, i.e. it's hogwash, the lawyers know that it's hogwash, the criminals know that it's hogwash, and the public knows that it's hogwash. Generally, a higher court can only overturn a lower court's decision on procedural issues (instead of on factual issues - which, in that scenario, would require an extreme admission or error).

a) Give them one appeal on the sentence.
    b) Hang them in public.
    c) Maximize the sentence for non DP offenders at twenty years (with ten years being the normal).
    d) Stop wasting the time and resources of the treasury on nonsensical appeals and litigation.

It's a simple concept, and you know, one that we used to follow on a regular basis.
    All those costly steps exists to make sure no innocent people are executed, removing them will mean that you will end up executing innocent people.

Worldwide Law is flawed right out of the gate. If anything, laws need to be smaller (by the state or, better, the community). While I am a firm believer of Universal Truths or Absolutes, and a giant opponent to Relativism, not all cultures are the same and should have their own laws based on that community's culture.

i.e. murder is bad no matter the culture (absolute), but each community needs to figure out how best to deal with it for that culture (community-based law).
    Last edited by Jibjub; 2016-09-07 at 02:08 PM.

You decide to go get groceries late at night, on the way to the store you get pulled over by a cop who asks where you have been tonight, you were home watching TV with no alibi. They arrest you because someone raped a kid and a witness saw someone who looks like you drive away in a car that looked like yours. Condom used, no genetic trace, assailant used a mask so the kid fingers you and you have no alibi so you end up getting convicted as a child molester and the government decides that you need to be castrated and then after you get castrated they catch the actual guy who did it. Now you are legally a sexual predator and you can no longer physically pass on your genetic line because you happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
    And that is why we will never do castration. I think PBS or the History Channel had a documentary on Eugenics, that we have a few cases of eugenics being performed on american citizens and how horrible it was for them. You can't allow the government to mandate eugenics because maybe one day they will use it on you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate to be that guy, but @Raptor With a Saber ... you do realize this is a moot question? There is no world government to draft world wide laws. That is probably A Good Thing®
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

I think there are degrees of severity. I don't want people falsely accused of rape to get castrated. Some guy just got released after 13 years from false rape charges.

However, if it is proven that you raped someone or raped a child, yes, definitely castrate them. I cannot imagine the pain they have caused the victim for the rest of their life.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the direction we're going with technology, I'm in favor of genetically reprogramming people and or wiping their memory. Castration is just cruel and old world stupid. Might as well put slugs on their dicks. Once a person is guilty of this type of crime, we should focus on rehabilitation, not cutting off dicks.

It's about as mature as telling someone to eat a bag of dicks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    I think there are degrees of severity. I don't want people falsely accused of rape to get castrated. Some guy just got released after 13 years from false rape charges.

However, if it is proven that you raped someone or raped a child, yes, definitely castrate them. I cannot imagine the pain they have caused the victim for the rest of their life.
    That's the point though isn't it - the falsely imprisoned people were supposedly 'proven' to have raped someone. The whole 'proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt' thing seems not to be infallible...

7+ Year Old Account
    There are (thankfully) no such things as "world laws" so your argument is flawed from the start. Also, people have rights, even criminals, against cruel and unusual punishment. So no. Sorry.

So the right a sex offender and violent criminal of all relapse is more important than the right of those who don't. You're saying you rather risk them killing or raping than do what is best for everyone around them and allowing them to live a life and everyone else a safer life?
    Straw man much? (That's rhetorical) First, the offender has no "right to relapse". But they do have a right to bodily integrity. Secondly, no one can be "punished" for crimes they might commit, so arguing against protecting the rights of possible future victims is inane.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Yes for rapists and pedophiles. They clearly vermin who can't control themselves, so society should control them.
    I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you meant "child molesters", not "pedophiles". Otherwise, you probably need to look up the definition.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Lol, what the hell...
    That's pretty much the logical response to this topic. The OP is either trolling or a Tennisace alt. Or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    How much does a rope or bullet cost, and did you miss the point about it being public? Furthermore, all of the steps that you cited are only recent, nonsensical additions to our jurisprudence, i.e. it's hogwash, the lawyers know that it's hogwash, the criminals know that it's hogwash, and the public knows that it's hogwash. Generally, a higher court can only overturn a lower court's decision on procedural issues (instead of on factual issues - which, in that scenario, would require an extreme admission or error).

a) Give them one appeal on the sentence.
    b) Hang them in public.
    c) Maximize the sentence for non DP offenders at twenty years (with ten years being the normal).
    d) Stop wasting the time and resources of the treasury on nonsensical appeals and litigation.

It's a simple concept, and you know, one that we used to follow on a regular basis.
    And a lot of innocent people were executed...

Quote Originally Posted by Fizbo View Post
    That's the point though isn't it - the falsely imprisoned people were supposedly 'proven' to have raped someone. The whole 'proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt' thing seems not to be infallible...
    Most of the people who are being discharged now are due to advances in DNA evidence. Today, due to DNA evidence, you can be certain who did it, because our bodies produce a white substance that can be tested. Rapists must be pretty stupid to commit a crime and leave so much evidence behind. Rapists need to think before they act so they don't rape.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But you support rape as a punishment? Because that happens alot in prisons all over the world. Inmate on Inmate rape is everywhere. The ones that do it are violent criminals and sex offenders.

Prison rape is not as high as movies make it out to be.