Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to play a shadow priest as my first alt, but for some reason went on my rogue to get the Outlaw artifact done. Prior to this I had only ever played Assassination before. I fell in love with outlaw INSTANTLY and leveled that dude to 110 within the day! Loving the pace of the spec.

I take back what I said. I made the swap to Outlaw again at 108.5 and my dear god... I absolutely trash everything... dungeons, Elites, packs of mobs... the whole lot. It all gets destroyed. Doesn't make me feel that bad going from my Vengeance DH to my Outlaw Rogue now as I know both can go absolute HAM when pulling mobs.

Outlaw is just amazing fun. And I already had a transmog outfit perfect for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Idiocracy" becoming reality in the US, "Planet of the Apes" becoming a reality in Europe.

Deleted
    Tbh I thought at first that the whole pirate theme would be way too dank for me to make the game feel warcraft-y. Now after having leveled exclusively as outlaw I'm all like "Arrr, I be lustin' for treasure matey"!

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Rly, you guys enjoy this spec? When at the end the result in dmg you provide is greatly depending on RNG gods and procs?

I leveled as Outlaw as well and it was performing well but the first heroic bossfights...4 times in a row after curse of the dreadblades always the same shitty buff...

...outlaw my ass Ima reroll to Assa!

playing assa now since dinged 110 and greatly enjoying it, well during mythics and heroics trashing as outlaw of course :P

Deleted
    I love outlaw its a cool new playstyle and fun BUT how the hell you all say 1st at dps at dungeons, HOW?

RtB is so freaking random this cant be stable DPS for me. At trash i have more luck getting good buffs as against bosses. At boss fights i have so poor dps its horrible, my RtB wont proc with good buffs and if i try to get good buffs i lose much more dps and iam behind the tank.

So please tell me how this RtB Random-luck factor work? I dont get it, the DPS is so unstable at outlaw rogue.

I will never play Outlaw, because I hate this stupid pirate theme which they forced onto rogues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewantcookie View Post
    Rly, you guys enjoy this spec? When at the end the result in dmg you provide is greatly depending on RNG gods and procs?

I leveled as Outlaw as well and it was performing well but the first heroic bossfights...4 times in a row after curse of the dreadblades always the same shitty buff...

...outlaw my ass Ima reroll to Assa!

playing assa now since dinged 110 and greatly enjoying it, well during mythics and heroics trashing as outlaw of course :P
    I always prefered combat and while questing and for dungeons it usually is pretty nice to play.
    But today while doing a hero with friends for a world quest I rolled single buff 10 times in a row at the end boss.
    Not even joking.
    I didn't manage to get 1 double buff.
    120k boss dps.
    I had to take a break after that.
    Fuck this rng.
    I like playing rogue and I will stick to it, but fuck this rng.
    Honestly there should be some kind of failsafe like increasing the chance for number of buffs with every single buff roll or guaranteed double buffs after 4 times single buff.
    Bad luck alone shouldn't make or brake your dps.
    Last edited by mmoccb7d8d3ee0; 2016-09-06 at 06:16 PM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'm in the minority here as I haven't had less fun with Rogue in the entire time I've mained Rogue since launch. There is way too much RNG involved and my main issue isn't even fishing with RtB buffs, though that is an issue - the chance to get single buffs is just too damned high.

My main issue is having very poor luck with Pistol shot procs. I've done 10-12 Saber slashes sometimes without a single proc and I watch my DPS tank as I don't have the energy regen in order to lay off many finishers. There are times where I'm just watching my energy crawl up and I'm doing nothing but auto attacking and fishing for a Pistol Shot proc to be able to Run Through.

Its hard to be competitive and consistent when every aspect of the class is based on Procs and dice rolls.

I'm surprised. I have played only combat and rogue main since WOTLK and loved it. I played Outlaw during the legion invasions and decided I hated it and RtB. I switched to subtlety and gave it a try for the first time ever and, well, what can I say. For what I like to do, old raids, world wanderings, etc, it's insane. Immune to fall damage, sprint into vanish, and the INSANE healing ability, I have a hard time with the other specs now, let alone other classes now :x

When I have completed a few work orders and get artifact power faster I'll give outlaw a try again and see if I feel any differently. I really was not happy with it though when I tried it during the invasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eekmut View Post
    I guess I'm in the minority here as I haven't had less fun with Rogue in the entire time I've mained Rogue since launch. There is way too much RNG involved and my main issue isn't even fishing with RtB buffs, though that is an issue - the chance to get single buffs is just too damned high.

My main issue is having very poor luck with Pistol shot procs. I've done 10-12 Saber slashes sometimes without a single proc and I watch my DPS tank as I don't have the energy regen in order to lay off many finishers. There are times where I'm just watching my energy crawl up and I'm doing nothing but auto attacking and fishing for a Pistol Shot proc to be able to Run Through.

Its hard to be competitive and consistent when every aspect of the class is based on Procs and dice rolls.
    You do nothing but auto attacking and fishing for Pistol Shots? Saber Slash procs your Pistol shots.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    You do nothing but auto attacking and fishing for Pistol Shots? Saber Slash procs your Pistol shots.
    I mean I'm autoattacking waiting for the energy to Saber Slash and then when I do Saber Slash, I get no Pistol Shots so I can't finish. Its only a 45% chance, but you can get long strings of bad luck that you can't get out of because you don't have the energy.

I mean I'm autoattacking waiting for the energy to Saber Slash and then when I do Saber Slash, I get no Pistol Shots so I can't finish. Its only a 45% chance, but you can get long strings of bad luck that you can't get out of because you don't have the energy.
    YOu're making no sense. You can finish even without procs, just not as fast.
    -Voltaire
    winning

Quote Originally Posted by Tucantastic View Post
    Tbh I thought at first that the whole pirate theme would be way too dank for me to make the game feel warcraft-y. Now after having leveled exclusively as outlaw I'm all like "Arrr, I be lustin' for treasure matey"!
    Thematically, the pirate thing doesn't totally work for me. Personally I think of my Outlaw as more of a highwayman. Partly because, unless I'm doing something horribly wrong here, I spend a lot more time on horseback than I do on a boat. Plus I just like the fantasy a bit better. Granted, it takes some mental gymnastics and Jedi mind tricks to pull it off, but hey, it's wow, right?

In terms of actual play, I've been quite happy with it. No more having to switch specs depending on the encounter; I've found I'm doing great with ST, aoe, and cleave. The spec is easier and more fluid than sub, which I did in WoD but never loved.

RNG? Yeah, rtb is that a bit, but I haven't found it to be a real problem. Any 2 buffs will get the job done, and you've got a ~35% chance of getting that.

I've been playing a Rogue myself for around, if not a tad over 10 years... I loved my rogue, and I was okay with Outlaw being a thing. I didn't like the class hall, but I was willing to stick with it and do it.

(Going to try and not mention bugs.)

Playing on Beta, and a little bit with Live, Outlaw seems... Slower... And not in a enjoyable way.

My abilities do not seem "meaningful" to use, but forced to use them. Nothing really "pops" out to me to say "Oh wow! That was neat!"

While Roll The Bones is mostly optional (Or I can choose Slice and Dice as replacement), but with Roll The Bones, it became to what I understand as one of the more RNG reliant specs in the game when it didn't need to have any RNG in the first place. (Since Fire Mage and Ret Paladin largely became fixed with the majority of the RNG issues.)

The "lore" change, it not even retconn'd, I don't agree with. Not a BAD thing to design a class around a micro-story, but this is the second time they have changed what it means to be a "Combat" Rogue.
    I'm a Kitsune! Not a cat, or a mutt!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    YOu're making no sense. You can finish even without procs, just not as fast.

....thats the problem. Not as fast = not as much damage as you're finishing less.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love the gameplay but HATE the pirate theme.

Roll the bones could have been named something else and Run Through and Saber Slash could have remained Eviscerate and Sinister Strike.

I miss the old Combat Rogue a lot. This new specc is fun but I prefer traditional names and apperances of abilities (even if they work differently).
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

well i am glad that i'm seeing other people not liking outlaw xD
    i really don't like it.... feels really slow in my opinion and the RNG doesn't help xD
    oh and the pirate theme sucks......

do enjoy play assassination and sub also seems amazingly fun :P

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    I've never mained my rogue, but sometimes I feel like I'm the only person on the planet that''s in love with the new Subtlety. I don't even care about performance, it's just freaking cool.
    Im also in love with the sub spec ! So much utility, selfheal, survival, and a quite nice cycle !

....thats the problem. Not as fast = not as much damage as you're finishing less.
    Yeah, so where's the problem? You could also say that your weapons could have more DPS, but nobody does.
    -Voltaire
    winning