Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Meanwhile you can take any other DPS spec, faceroll and do 2-3x the amount of shadow. I have news for you, shadow is not that complicated to play, I doubt it's a skill issue.
    Meanwhile, I do 300k+ dps on 3-4 mobs on trash and out dps everybody on bosses. I'm telling you everybody complaining is bad and doesn't understand when to void form and use cds.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Meanwhile, I do 300k+ dps on 3-4 mobs on trash and out dps everybody on bosses. I'm telling you everybody complaining is bad and doesn't understand when to void form and use cds.
    Sounds like your trash dies really slow.

1, Shadow is not shit, only on aoe
    2, If you were low on bosses, then you are either trash or afk.
    3, regardless of which you were guilty of, you then blame your class for something YOU can fix

which brings us to 4, you don't want to improve, you want your spec to be effortless and OP; like literally everyone that cries their class / spec is bad when it isnt

Shadow is fine just dont expect to be top of the meters. Ive yet to see a shadow or an affliction lock be any where near some classes on trash or bosses and ive played with some pretty good spriests through beta and live. Of course you can always beat the baddies or new players but right now shadow isnt a class you play expecting to be the top damage in the game, specifically 5 mans.

DoT centric specs have always had incredibly low damage done in dungeons compared to everyone else because everything dies too fast for your DoTs to tick.

Shadow Priest and Affliction Warlock have always had this problem. Affliction less so now, but they are still low on the DPS meters in short fights simply because their ramp time is longer than fights usually last.

As already stated though, if you hate everything that makes the class what it is, why the hell would you roll/ play one?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Sounds like your trash dies really slow.
    Yeah from the 600k+ my guildies do sure, right. I don't need to do a million dps on trash if I am #1 on the bosses. You need to understand 99% of the people that play this game are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    Shadow is fine just dont expect to be top of the meters. Ive yet to see a shadow or an affliction lock be any where near some classes on trash or bosses and ive played with some pretty good spriests through beta and live. Of course you can always beat the baddies or new players but right now shadow isnt a class you play expecting to be the top damage in the game, specifically 5 mans.
    I can live with not being top dps, but not being this shit at aoe. Killing trash that dies fast is fun, provided you have an aoe spell. We dont and it takes away from the fun. Sure we can multidot with 10x more effort than other classes, but it doesnt feel very rewarding when you see the numbers. The spec has lots of issues, its playable, but i wouldnt call it fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah from the 600k+ my guildies do sure, right. I don't need to do a million dps on trash if I am #1 on the bosses. You need to understand 99% of the people that play this game are bad.
    Show me where you are #1 on dungeon bosses without StM please. Nobody says we are bad on raidbosses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    I can live with not being top dps, but not being this shit at aoe. Killing trash that dies fast is fun, provided you have an aoe spell. We dont and it takes away from the fun. Sure we can multidot with 10x more effort than other classes, but it doesnt feel very rewarding when you see the numbers. The spec has lots of issues, its playable, but i wouldnt call it fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Show me where you are #1 on dungeon bosses without StM please. Nobody says we are bad on raidbosses.
    I have never used s2m except the last boss of mythic eye and I am 843.

I have never used s2m except the last boss of mythic eye and I am 843.
    Without StM we are insanely vulnerable to movement, and on most dungeon bosses there is high movement needed. Either your guildmates dont know how to play or you are lying. On patchwerk fights we may be top but on movement fights...i dount it. Maybe you are just that good, who knows? A screenshot or a log would be nice though.

Meanwhile, I do 300k+ dps on 3-4 mobs on trash and out dps everybody on bosses.
    Yeah from the 600k+ my guildies do sure, right.
    I think this was kinda the point of the thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Riight. You play shadow? People are getting benched from their own guilds, whats the solution for them?
    Find a guild that isn't full of assholes? Seriously, unless you're a top 1-200 guild benching people from 5 mans is a dick move. Don't play with dicks. Er, I mean, in WoW.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

I'll show you this when I get home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Demon View Post
    Wait... you hate being in Shadowform and you hate multidotting, and you rolled a Shadow Priest?

....what?
    Should have rolled a mage instead. Why roll a class where you hate its core mechanics ? Would you roll a blood dk if you hated tanking ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    I think this was kinda the point of the thread.
    The point of this thread was the op was complaining about a class he doesn't like to play as. If you hate the class you won't do well.

Without StM we are insanely vulnerable to movement, and on most dungeon bosses there is high movement needed. Either your guildmates dont know how to play or you are lying. On patchwerk fights we may be top but on movement fights...i dount it. Maybe you are just that good, who knows? A screenshot or a log would be nice though.
    Dude we were 13/13. If I can remember to ss a mythic tonight I will

7+ Year Old Account
    They need to either:
    A)Give us Devouring Plague, and do like wrath and let it be spread by other classes
    B)Give us an AOE execute (something like SW Death affects all mobs with SWP or VT on them)
    C) buff the heck out of mind sear.

The whole thing is really frigging silly. Just fix the fucking thing Blizz.

Shadow is kind of shitty in dungeons but mostly on trash. We're fine on bosses especially once we get beyond the 840 threshold. I'm guessing a lot of people are simply not playing Shadow properly, either by improperly timing VF or simply playing poorly. I'll say compared to a lot of other specs, playing Shadow poorly is definitely far more noticeable. But when you play well, it's also extremely noticeable. All in all, I'm fairly certain we'll be fine in raids which is what the spec is usually tuned around. And I think Shadow may even have a place in Mythic+ with a group which can compensate for Shadow's weaknesses on trash. We have an extremely powerful stun on a low CD, too, so while we may not bring the best trash DPS we still bring a decent amount of utility to the group.

I'd say there is a fair amount of people overstating the state of Shadow currently but I'd be lying if I didn't admit I was pretty frustrated with the spec right after I hit 110. (Spoiler: Just play Disc for world questing.)

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Find a guild that isn't full of assholes? Seriously, unless you're a top 1-200 guild benching people from 5 mans is a dick move. Don't play with dicks. Er, I mean, in WoW.
    Lol. I just read that somewhere, but getting kicked from heroic might become a problem for more casual players. Usually the dungeon finder groups want to go as fast as possible and might not want to wait for a shadow priest who is only slowing them down.

I've seen a bunch of threads on Warlocks being kicked for the same reason. I feel bad for you and your dots. When melee is mowing down trash making them look awesome you guys can't ramp up. The group should understand this...the whole thing is pretty silly.

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    While the argument "It's good in raids/single target" is somewhat valid [..] [when] people starts getting KICKED OUT of groups for performing under say a brain dead demon hunter or WW monk, the above argument is no longer valid.
    If they do well in raids they will do even better on dungeon bosses, since you will spend a much higher proportion of your time within your cooldowns than during a raid encounter. And while raids obviously aren't out yet, they were doing well on beta and the sims look good so that seems to be the case.

If you're arguing that Shadow needs an AE buff for short lived targets, well, maybe they do. Problem is that will make them overpowered on longer-lived add fights where they can both multidot and have a then-strong AE like Sear going.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Player attitudes need to change more than anything else.
    I agree, but only to a point. I had a PUG last night where on a 6-8 mob trash pull at the start of a dungeon (we ended up with multiple packs) our DPS was so poor at both DPS and avoiding damage that I OOM'd myself healing it because it took so long, and had to resort to just spamming the nearly mana-neutral Heal. I have never OOM'd in a dungeon before or since.

It was a combination of things: The Outlaw rogue was, well, not very good; the other rogue was playing a spec with mediocre AE damage and I have no idea what was up with the Demo lock, and we were taking a shit-ton of damage. On a pull that big they basically did what I would consider solid single-target DPS (120-150k). I'm not a guy who complains when a dungeon takes 18 minutes instead of 13 but when people are so bad it's literally putting the group's success at risk it's a problem. That's true whether it's a learn to play problem or a "my spec is trash" problem (or both). (And no, we didn't kick anybody, I just bitched a lot in Discord.)
    Last edited by Xar226; 2016-09-07 at 06:58 PM.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Im pretty sure there are dps classes who can match or surpass the dps of the shadow on a single target with MUCH less effort and while shadow is good if the fight is not very hard , try to put a shadow on a very tough fight where you cant focus so much on your rotation and you have to constantly move or get stuned or w/e and see shadow getting destroyed by the other dps classes since is very reliant on everything going perfectly for him.
    Wait, wait, wait. Let me get this right; shadow is bad because fights are tough? So you suck at paying attention to your environment while maintaining a rotation. Sounds like a personal problem.