Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Abyssion View Post
    Pretty sure tanks shouldn't do orbs.
    this is a myth - did it last reset with orb on tank and it was perfeckly viable - with him leading the group in patern it was quite easy boss if people know what they are doin - seems to me as l2p issues becasue Cordana is nothing but a beautiful retard check fight.

seems to me more like you dont understand mechanics in there and they decided that it will be faster finding competent tank then wipe with you in there
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-09-07 at 06:06 AM.

Just have a hunter user his flairs.. works like a charm.

I love this, expansion is a week old, and people are already fucking noobs for not using WELL established tactics and roles on fights. GG wow community.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a tank, I always do orbs for Cordana in vaults.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Cordana is nothing but a beautiful retard check fight.
    Quoted for emphasis. But yeah, seems like reading up tactics, or even minimally checking the Adventure Guide in game in regards to the bosses is too much for some. All the informations already there in game, and out.

Don't pug then.

Find a guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    The tank should not do the orbs. It's perfectly doable, and I do it myself as a tank,but it's much easier for ranged dps.
    She does a knockback, which is bad if you need to go to the edge and then suddenly get knocked off.
    Short story, it's perfectly doable as a skilled tank but a hunter for example is a much better choice to hold the orb.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Also, the pools does not really require that much movement to clear Most spawn near the boss
    That's complete good RNG on your part - they're happy to spawn on the edges (literally on the edge) as far awa as possible.

That being said I usually personally hold it regardless of role. It seems outright best for a mobile ranged (such as resto) to hold it in an objective sense, but I personally prefer the control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

15+ Year Old Account
    Looks to me like a big lack of communication. Being the tank, you should have explained the fight. If you came here looking for absolution, you came to the wrong forum.

That being said, yes the tank can do the orb, but its much easier and helpful if a ranged does it.....oh wait, dps means dps...thats right my bad, asking them to do anything but dps isnt viable.

Ok mispelled, added an e when I shouldn't have. Regardless.. they kicked me because healer did bad job on orbs.. I was then kicked because I quote "you suck at orbs, learn to play" so i said I wasnt on orbs, other ppl are supposed to.

Then said lol noob all runs I go to tank does it.

Um if im chasing the vengeance add... ill get kicked off the platform.... and the add doesnt need a tank either..
    The way you describe the scenario, I would have voted to kick you as well. You seem like you're a pretty unlikeable player. Try to either be constructive in your group chat, or don't use it at all. If you can't manage to do the boss fight with the orb, go practice. It's easy.

Completely OT, but: I read every one of your posts with a russian voice in my head.

[e]: format

Quote Originally Posted by Falcky View Post
    You can't really do it as a tank in mythic - the warden thingie will knock you out of the platform if you have to find an add at the corner - we found it much easier to give it to a resto druid/hunter. And by clearing everything you get so much better control of the fight.
    You certainly can do it as a tank on mythic - be aware of the timing and move to the other side of the boss when you need to. It does mean you'll be moving the boss around a lot if you clear all the pools, though.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperhyve View Post
    The way you describe the scenario, I would have voted to kick you as well. You seem like you're a pretty unlikeable player. Try to either be constructive in your group chat, or don't use it at all. If you can't manage to do the boss fight with the orb, go practice. It's easy.

Completely OT, but: I read every one of your posts with a russian voice in my head.

[e]: format
    You'd be fucking pissed too if some stupid ass guild kicked you from the last boss because of a wipe that wasn't your fault and that they didn't even explain either. They said nothing until after the wipe which was not my fault. So yes they are assholes because going with a guild run is mostly never a good experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Baium View Post
    I love this, expansion is a week old, and people are already fucking noobs for not using WELL established tactics and roles on fights. GG wow community.
    this happens when nearly open beta lasts half of year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    As for the tank always does it, anyone who is willing to tank a PuG has resigned to the fact that he probably has low expectations of his teammates so tanks who do anything with a PuG will try to get as much control of every aspect of the run as possible. It's part of the tank mentality. I do not think it is best that I use the orb but if I am doing Vault with a PuG, I am picking it up for sure
    Thats exactly why i allways will take the orb in pugs. And its not even hard to tank the boss without getting thrown off the platform. Just run to the corner for the shadow and tank her facing to the mid. you even dont have to run all the way in to the corner, the range of the orb is pretty big.

Pugging with other guild groups is in most cases a bad idea. they dont care what they did wrong and will kick you instead because its allway the random guy. Just look for a friendly guild which will take you into dungeons.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did Darkheart Thicket the other day on normal in a PuG. Ended up with a Guilded Trio who skipped the third boss because they were helping one of the three (Two were 110, other 101) and they just wanted to get the completion exp. Seriously hoping that Blizzard makes it so you can't skip bosses in instances, I was there to get gear and learn the mechanics, and as a result I didn't do either. With three grouped Players they control the group, and if you complain you're most likely to end up being kicked.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    ... checking the Adventure Guide in game in regards to the bosses is too much ...
    The Adventure Guide is no help for the Encounter.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait what? First of all, yes the orb is supposed to be carried by the tank.

And seems like you just have some shitty guidies. Better leave that guild and join Arathor EU!
    I disagree, respectfully, about the orb. I play a mage, and I handle the orb every time, simply because Shimmer(talented blink)>any other movement spell in game. I can go from one corner to another in an instant. It makes the tank have a much easier time, plus it basically nullifies any of the nonsense

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Did Darkheart Thicket the other day on normal in a PuG. Ended up with a Guilded Trio who skipped the third boss because they were helping one of the three (Two were 110, other 101) and they just wanted to get the completion exp. Seriously hoping that Blizzard makes it so you can't skip bosses in instances, I was there to get gear and learn the mechanics, and as a result I didn't do either. With three grouped Players they control the group, and if you complain you're most likely to end up being kicked.
    You have all expansion to "learn the mechanics". It's Darkheart thicket. Mechanics= don't stand in shit, and run against the wind on the dragon boss. GG
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Wait what? First of all, yes the orb is supposed to be carried by the tank.

And seems like you just have some shitty guidies. Better leave that guild and join Arathor EU!
    I would agree with trash, but for the boss. She does a knock-back and trying to run around searching for the adds makes it pretty damn easy to get knocked off the ledge, especially considering the adds pop up in the corners. It's much easier for a ranged DPS to handle the light.

10+ Year Old Account
    To mitigate this problem, you could be the one forming the group. Mythics are pre-mades, if you are the leader, I don't think they can vote kick you.

Especially of 3 of them.. they will screw you over so fast.

Got kicked from the last boss of Wardens because we wiped, someone didnt do good job with orbs.
    Why I got kicked?

Because I was supposed to do the orbs. I'm a tank. Pretty sure tanks shouldn't do orbs.

Screw Kelthuzad players, they seems like a bunch of a holes.

Rant over
    well, i recommend moving into another guild lol

All the times i have done it, the tank has always prefered to take the orb. He needs to move anyway to make the vengance ladies be visible, so it works fine Ofcourse it can be done by others, but you need to tank what becomes visible anyway, so you might aswell be there.

Also, the pools does not really require that much movement to clear Most spawn near the boss
    No, tank is the worse to carry the orb.

You can get knocked off the edge while trying to find the shadow, yes you can time to knock back then try to find the shadow but its inefficient. You don't need tank to dps shadow..tank can hold aggro at range just fine.