Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Where is Wrathion?

Maybe I missed it somewhere but I havent seen Wrathion in Legion. We saw him at times in WoD but back in MoP he was the one preparing us for the Legion and now that they are here, he is basically non existent. Did Blizz just give up on him as a character or have I missed references to him?

Also, there is a Mage quest where you talk to one of Naruu things and he says something we have come for the one that holds Shadow and Light. Something like that. I was sure that they were going to say, Anduin but it was in reference to Illidan, which to me doesnt make sense.

So, is Anduin also no longer the leader for Legion? or were Wrathion/Velens visions just way off?

My Lore knowledge is pretty crap, so sorry if some of this is obvious.

He is going to be introduced in a later patch.
    I don't know if you have done Highmountain but

SPOILERS

He was supposed to be Ebonhorn, but Blizzard backed out on it, feeling it didn't make much sense, since he couldn't have been ebonhorn that whole time and be with us in mop at the same time. They thought it would be confusing. But they are bringing him in a later patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    He is going to be introduced in a later patch.
    I don't know if you have done Highmountain but

SPOILERS

He was supposed to be Ebonhorn, but Blizzard backed out on it, feeling it didn't make much sense, since he couldn't have been ebonhorn that whole time and be with us in mop at the same time. They thought it would be confusing. But they are bringing him in a later patch.
    Ah. Highmountain was my last zone and I dinged 110 right at the start of it, around where you fight that Troll Mt dude with the crazy ass hammer. I havent been back to finish the zone. Ill take a look at Ebonhorn. Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, the original storyline makes way more sense. Oh well.

Hopefully he is off correctly blaming himself for having caused the very thing he never shut up about wanting to prevent. His conspiracy to release Garrosh is cause-in-fact for the Legion having invaddx so quickly, much sooner than they might have on their own.

7+ Year Old Account
    he is chilling with Med'an
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    We don't know. But I hope blizzard don't force us to forgive him like they wanted to do in legion.

You must complete 800 5 hour missions in order to unlock the Wrathion storyline.

Wrathion was originally in disguise as Spiritwalker Ebonhorn, but Blizzard thought better on it and decided it did not make much sense for Wrathion to be there, so Ebornhorn is now a different uncorrupted black dragon. I expect to see Wrathion sometime in Legion, perhaps trying to keep Genn and Sylvanas from killing each other since he knows only a united Azeroth can stand against the Burning Legion, or perhaps he will meet up with Magni to learn more about how Azeroth is a Titan and search for a way to "awaken" her.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    You must complete 800 5 hour missions in order to unlock the Wrathion storyline.
    You sound really salty about nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Strategos View Post
    You sound really salty about nothing
    I haven't unlocked any salt recipes yet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    perhaps he will meet up with Magni to learn more about how Azeroth is a Titan and search for a way to "awaken" her.
    I hope this is it, basically the only way to fix his character at this point.

I don't mind him doing something morally ambiguous, but his Iron Horde plan was really dumb and just made him look like an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I hope this is it, basically the only way to fix his character at this point.

I don't mind him doing something morally ambiguous, but his Iron Horde plan was really dumb and just made him look like an idiot.
    An idiot or a 2 year old, because he's definitely the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I haven't unlocked any salt recipes yet.
    Ha! Solid.

I'm not a fan of the "Do this follower mission x times, one at a time, it will take you at least 60 hours" concept either.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyh View Post
    Ha! Solid.

I'm not a fan of the "Do this follower mission x times, one at a time, it will take you at least 60 hours" concept either.
    Timegating is gaming cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Please stay on topic.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    It was dumb because he let a defeated, idealistic, and butt-hurt Garrosh and a power-hungry and crazed Kairozdormu attempt to unite the Orcish clans and bring them to Azeroth as a joint fighting force alongside the Alliance and Horde. Should Wrathion have went himself disguised as an Orc, then maybe things would have worked out better...

Quote Originally Posted by KayOfGames View Post
    It was dumb because he let a defeated, idealistic, and butt-hurt Garrosh and a power-hungry and crazed Kairozdormu attempt to unite the Orcish clans and bring them to Azeroth as a joint fighting force alongside the Alliance and Horde. Should Wrathion have went himself disguised as an Orc, then maybe things would have worked out better...
    "dumb" or stupid is relative to his expected outcome. He freaks out when we leave him in MoP and throws a wild tantrum - he was "dumb" to think that Varian wouldnt choose peace because he didn't account for how influential Anduin would be but that could equally be viewed as making a mistake. Plan was good but didn't account for everything - this doesn't make it a dumb plan.

While his underlying goal may still be the same he is very much at a 'at any cost' viewpoint and is probably hiding because he is so embarrassed of how badly he fucked things up at least according to our understanding of his goals. He is a character in development rather than a complete personality (like Varian was) so it makes sense for him to make mistakes.

I would expect his reintroduction to be tied into Jaina as he may have taken human form to get close to her for reasons unknown (could go either way)

Spoiler: Meanwhile unsure what's going on with the green dragon flight.
    Last edited by Uurdz; 2016-09-08 at 03:00 AM.

Wrathion is the one responsible for that horrid Warlords of Draenor expansion.
    Such an atrocious crime is only punishable by death!

Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    Spoiler: Meanwhile unsure what's going on with the green dragon flight.
    Mourning within the Dream.

Deleted
    I suspect that Ebonhorn saying that "he is out to attend to family matters" is a future reference to Wrathion.

Bank on it.