Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    @Xar226 doing dungeons as shadow has a very different feeling than doing a raid boss. You just cant compare the two since they are completely different since you wont get much use of StM in dungeons.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even think people are upset with shadow anymore. Just upset with the community and what other classes can do. By all means, if you want to be an aoe trash pack superstar roll one of those specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    @Xar226 doing dungeons as shadow has a very different feeling than doing a raid boss. You just cant compare the two since they are completely different since you wont get much use of StM in dungeons.
    S2M is viable in dungeons if you plan to use it ahead of time. If a dungeon has 4 bosses and you're lusting on 1 and 3, then you can pair S2M w/ the bosses you lust on. It requires you to know the encounters ahead of time, being able to ensure you don't end up getting fucked by a random mechanic which makes you unable to attack for a period of time, but once you have a working knowledge of the encounters it's pretty straight forward. The other half of the equation is using S2M to its fullest potential which is another ballgame entirely. I did my first run of Mythics running S2M and played pretty conservatively with it but even waiting for a few VF cycles until ~50% on most bosses I was able to pull some ridiculous damage. (The last boss in Eye is a fucking SPriest wet dream.) On the other hand, LotV is also completely viable since a lot of times I just didn't use S2M when I could have due to me feeling like I might end up getting fucked by a mechanic. Because of this, I can't fault SPriests for not feeling like using it in dungeons.

Once we get more gear, though, I think LotV will be the winner since bosses need to stay alive more than ~1 minute to start to reap the benefits of S2M.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-09-07 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Yeah from the 600k+ my guildies do sure, right. I don't need to do a million dps on trash if I am #1 on the bosses. You need to understand 99% of the people that play this game are bad.
    Maybe your guildies are terrible?

I meant the problem with StM is you cant use it on every boss which blows. A 5 minute cooldown would be really nice, which you can only use once per fight to avoid it being abused with b-rez.

Deleted
    go holy for trash, simple use holy word for artefack popup and spam holy nova - 350 - 400k dps with one button. Before last pact swich to shadow

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    I meant the problem with StM is you cant use it on every boss which blows. A 5 minute cooldown would be really nice, which you can only use once per fight to avoid it being abused with b-rez.
    The trade off of the ability is death so I feel like a 10 minute CD is acceptable.

Instead of reducing the CD of the ability, I'd rather they simply buff LotV to have additional benefits on top of being able to enter VF earlier. (One good suggestion I read would be to simply give LotV a small damage buff when we're above 70 Insanity. This works thematically and wouldn't even push the talent ahead of S2M, simply making our dungeon experience more enjoyable.)
    Last edited by Relapses; 2016-09-07 at 07:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    On a pull that big they basically did what I would consider solid single-target DPS (120-150k). I'm not a guy who complains when a dungeon takes 18 minutes instead of 13 but when people are so bad it's literally putting the group's success at risk it's a problem. That's true whether it's a learn to play problem or a "my spec is trash" problem (or both). (And no, we didn't kick anybody, I just bitched a lot in Discord.)
    Yo cannot judge DPS without reference to level atm. I just dinged 110 the other day and am 800. An 840 will blow me away in DPS...

the other thing is that some people aren't used to their artifact spells, etc. Remember, some people just came back - Legion might be old hat to beta players or people who grabbed their main in the prepatch and researched it a ton, but I was talking to a lock friend of mine who was also playing destro and she completely forgot about Dimensional Rift as a CD. That's HUGE for us.

Combine all of that with the fact that some classes and specs DO need adjustment and it's premature to bitch too much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    DoT centric specs have always had incredibly low damage done in dungeons compared to everyone else because everything dies too fast for your DoTs to tick.

Shadow Priest and Affliction Warlock have always had this problem. Affliction less so now, but they are still low on the DPS meters in short fights simply because their ramp time is longer than fights usually last.
    this is a design fail, though. Give them a talent that bumps burst AOE significantly but that is on the same row as (and thus excludes) a talent that's great for long AOE fights. Something like "increase Mind Sear damage by n% for Y seconds from the start of each cast" vs "increases SWP damage by N%"

Deleted
    Hey, doing instances with my shadow priest friend and hes having some huge troubles with his dps but according to him his class just suck and he doesnt do anything wrong. He averages like 100k on mythic bosses and 60k on trash with 825 ilvl.. Is shadow really this bad or does he suck ?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elajtenzors View Post
    Hey, doing instances with my shadow priest friend and hes having some huge troubles with his dps but according to him his class just suck and he doesnt do anything wrong. He averages like 100k on mythic bosses and 60k on trash with 825 ilvl.. Is shadow really this bad or does he suck ?
    100k on dungeon bosses at that ilvl is not very good at all. That sounds like an L2P issue.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Maybe your guildies are terrible?
    Well since we were 13/13 and all ranked 85+ on wowlogs, I'm gonna go with it's actually you that sucks and are just trying to justify your horrible play by blaming other people and your class.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2016-09-07 at 08:10 PM.

Well since we were 13/13 and all ranked 85+ on wowlogs, I'm gonna go with it's actually you that sucks and are just trying to justify your horrible play by blaming other people.
    Well I was ranked number 10, I have no proof to back it up, you will just have to believe me /wink
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-09-10 at 03:24 PM. Reason: reversed

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I was ranked number 10, I have no proof to back it up, you will just have to believe me /wink
    here is my fire mage guild leader who I regularly out dps on every mythic dungeon boss. Not by much, but I do. So are you going to keep acting like a retard or stop being bad at this game?

Infracted - Djriff
    Last edited by Djriff; 2016-09-07 at 08:57 PM.

here is my fire mage guild leader who I regularly out dps on every mythic dungeon boss. Not by much, but I do. So are you going to keep acting like a retard or stop being bad at this game?
    Just no DPS dungeon logs right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Just no DPS dungeon logs right?
    Does that matter? I showed you proof that my guildies aren't bad and we were 13/13. Why the fuck would I lie about out dpsing people on a dungeon boss by a small margin?

Does that matter? I showed you proof that my guildies aren't bad and we were 13/13. Why the fuck would I lie about out dpsing people on a dungeon boss by a small margin?
    I can post those names as well, just want to see these combat logs. Reading this forum and the forums on wow not seeing anyone else boasting those claims. I mean even if you're not efficient at shadow DPS like missing dot ticks or maxing out insanity, it should be a 200-250k difference.

15+ Year Old Account
    I can post those names as well, just want to see these combat logs. Reading this forum and the forums on wow not seeing anyone else boasting those claims. I mean even if you're not efficient at shadow DPS like missing dot ticks or maxing out insanity, it should be a 200-250k difference.
    Yeah. The forums filled with people who have no idea what they are doing.

Becausw it matters A LOT what fight it is. Was it high movement? What specs did you out dps? Etc. If the boss allows me to stand still a lot, then yea, dps is great. But thats rare, few examples of bosses that screw us over are Odyn, Wrath of Azshara, the sea giant before that. There are others, but you probably get the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    Seriously wtf I hate, ITS SHIT , sucks sucks I HATE fucking boring , I HATE
    Sounds like you suck at playing Shadow.

Yeah. The forums filled with people who have no idea what they are doing.
    Cant tell if sarcasm or not. I believe the majority on forums are better than the average player, they tend to care more about learning the class properly.