Kosumoth The Hungering Event

I haven't see this amount of people and cooperation for a VERY LONG TIME. These are the priceless moments that still make the game memorable.

I would love to see your guys screenshot who were lucky to catch the event last night.

I unforunately only have the screenshots after Kosmoth will killed after the 8th or 9th time.

Crashed my server got 2 gold, great time.

Stupid orb in valshara is bugged unless it has a respawn timer that MMO-Champ didnt report

Was in a similar group last night before it was understood how it works. Just got the pet today from the world quest!

Does everyone need to do the orb thing to get the pet/mount? Do you get anything from just killing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Neodragon77 View Post
    Does everyone need to do the orb thing to get the pet/mount? Do you get anything from just killing it?
    lolno/10char
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Interesting trigger system (someone at Blizzard must have played Asheron's Call years back), but I'm not bothering with that for an aquatic mount :P

I never understood how these events could possibly be anything more than a minor distraction. You go to the zone, your framerate drops to zero unless you have a supercomputer, the server crashes 20 times, and you MAYBE get to tag the monster if you're lucky.

Why do people find this shit fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    I never understood how these events could possibly be anything more than a minor distraction. You go to the zone, your framerate drops to zero unless you have a supercomputer, the server crashes 20 times, and you MAYBE get to tag the monster if you're lucky.

Why do people find this shit fun?
    Their intentions are not for the server to lag, clearly. Take that aside, it's a great aspect of an MMORPG. it's rarely seen and its a moment where the whole community realm is having fun.

What's not to like? You're not losing anything. And everyone was expecting rare drops, of course it'd be a stampede

get over yourself!

Now you need to show screenshots of people sitting and spamming toys on the orbs in the name of fun and engaging content.

Getting this orb in Stormheim is one of the most un-fun things I have ever done in a video game.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2016-09-07 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Now you need to show screenshots of people sitting and spamming toys on the orbs in the name of fun and engaging content.

Getting this orb in Stormheim is one of the most un-fun things I have ever done in a video game.
    Urgh, indeed!. I keep logging my alt and then checking back. Hoping later at night it may be less crowded, but I doubt it given that this week in Eu the reward for the world quest is the mount. I'm only bothered about the tentacle pet for my shadow priest. xD

15+ Year Old Account
    They mentioned on Twitter that they are hot fixing the orb locations. Not sure if it will solve everything, but at least they are listening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by thenconfuciussaid View Post
    Their intentions are not for the server to lag, clearly. Take that aside, it's a great aspect of an MMORPG. it's rarely seen and its a moment where the whole community realm is having fun.

What's not to like? You're not losing anything. And everyone was expecting rare drops, of course it'd be a stampede

get over yourself!
    Getting a group of recognizable people together is fun, because you feel like part of something bigger. The larger the group gets, though, the less meaningful your part becomes. Cf. 40-man raids (there's a reason they were removed) and GW2 "zerg trains." I imagine I'm not the only person who doesn't find that kind of thing fun.

Amusing for a moment? Sure. Does it detract from the game? Of course not. I'm just saying it's not all that attractive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Getting a group of recognizable people together is fun, because you feel like part of something bigger. The larger the group gets, though, the less meaningful your part becomes. Cf. 40-man raids (there's a reason they were removed) and GW2 "zerg trains." I imagine I'm not the only person who doesn't find that kind of thing fun.

Amusing for a moment? Sure. Does it detract from the game? Of course not. I'm just saying it's not all that attractive to me.
    fair enough

My game became entirely unplayable for two hours thanks to this event. What a fantastic adventure!