Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossjaw View Post
    guys
    is there any possible way to track "Invoke the Naaru" using WeakAuras?

soz for my bad english :/
    No, sadly.

You probably could write a custom addon that looked in the combat log for him to cast anything and then displayed an image for 15 seconds with a countdown.

Hello,

I have been healing a few mythics and have been struggling a little with it.
    I have been stacking crit as Ask Mr. Robot had suggest. Is that the best way to go?
    Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    My stats are as following:
    Critical Strike 27.95%
    Haste 7.89%
    Mastery 28.54%
    Versatility 4.55%

My talents are:
    Enlightenment
    Feather
    Afterlife
    Light of the Naaru
    Binding Heal
    Divinity
    Apotheosis

Quote Originally Posted by zerobeav View Post
    Hello,

I have been healing a few mythics and have been struggling a little with it.
    I have been stacking crit as Ask Mr. Robot had suggest. Is that the best way to go?
    Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    My stats are as following:
    Critical Strike 27.95%
    Haste 7.89%
    Mastery 28.54%
    Versatility 4.55%

My talents are:
    Enlightenment
    Feather
    Afterlife
    Light of the Naaru
    Binding Heal
    Divinity
    Apotheosis
    For 5 mans change:

Enlightenment to Trail of Light
    Binding Heal to Surge of Light
    Apotheosis to Circle of Healing

Quote Originally Posted by zerobeav View Post
    Mastery is the best stat for Holy in 5mans. Crit is pretty good as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charityx View Post
    For 5 mans change:

Enlightenment to Trail of Light
    Binding Heal to Surge of Light
    Apotheosis to Circle of Healing
    While the first two are debatable, why would one use CoH instead of Apotheosis? CoH is not much better than PoH, whereas Apotheosis is a massive throughput cooldown that lasts a whopping 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Mastery is the best stat for Holy in 5mans. Crit is pretty good as well.

While the first two are debatable, why would one use CoH instead of Apotheosis? CoH is not much better than PoH, whereas Apotheosis is a massive throughput cooldown that lasts a whopping 30 seconds.
    First tier isn't debatable in the slightest - ToL is the only talent that's going to increase your throughput by any substantial margin - ER is garbage, even in 5 mans, and Enlightenment is a pure mana gain which really isn't needed in 5 mans.

Can debate SoL, BH, and, Piety if you like but the reality is that none of them are particularly great - SoL wins out with ToL and the fact that Binding Heal is pretty terrible on its own.

When in a 5 man do you need a throughput cooldown like Apoth? Circle of Healing is instant and will hit your entire group reliably, unlike PoH at 20 yards. Let's you get back to doing more damage/tank healing. You wouldn't take CoH in a raid, but it's the superior 5 man talent by far.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-09-06 at 07:38 PM.

When in a 5 man do you need a throughput cooldown like that?
    Same as every other healing CD: For when shit hits the fan.

Not everyone has the luxury of running with coordinated, skilled guild groups with geared tanks.

Circle of Healing is instant and will hit your entire group reliably, unlike PoH at 20 yards. Let's you get back to doing more damage/tank healing. You wouldn't take CoH in a raid, but it's the superior 5 man talent by far.
    CoH heals about 20% more than PoH, but that increase is offset by the cooldown. And the amount it heals is only around 5-7% of a DPS's health; there aren't many situations where I only need to heal 5% health on people and then they don't take any more damage.

I'd rather stick with Apotheosis simply to have an extra "oh shit" button.

ER is garbage, even in 5 mans
    Everyone says Enduring Renewal is terrible, but they never explain why.

the fact that Binding Heal is pretty terrible on its own.
    What exactly is terrible about it? It heals 3 targets and has the same mana efficiency as Heal. Even if it overheals on yourself, it still has better mana efficiency than Flash Heal.

It works wonders when paired with Enduring Renewal, allowing you to roll renews on the group and keep them refreshed.

That and, it lowers CD of both your holy words, instead of just one, which is really nice.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-06 at 07:41 PM.

Same as every other healing CD: For when shit hits the fan.

Not everyone has the luxury of running with coordinated, skilled guild groups with geared tanks.

CoH heals about 20% more than PoH, but that increase is offset by the cooldown. And the amount it heals is only around 5-7% of a DPS's health; there aren't many situations where I only need to heal 5% health on people and then they don't take any more damage.

I'd rather stick with Apotheosis simply to have an extra "oh shit" button.

Everyone says Enduring Renewal is terrible, but they never explain why.

What exactly is terrible about it? It heals 3 targets and has the same mana efficiency as Heal. Even if it overheals on yourself, it still has better mana efficiency than Flash Heal.

It works wonders when paired with Enduring Renewal, allowing you to roll renews on the group and keep them refreshed.

That and, it lowers CD of both your holy words, instead of just one, which is really nice.
    Apoth really isn't an "oh shit" cooldown with its ramp up time.

ER is bad because Renew isn't the greatest and you're in a 5 man where mana efficiency is largely irrelevant. ToL will net you higher HPS/HPM than ER even under the most ideal conditions anyway.

FH with ToL has higher mana efficiency than BH but if that's your only argument for it then I'll remind you again that we're talking about 5 mans where said mana efficiency has little to no value.
    Last edited by xdmemes; 2016-09-06 at 09:33 PM.

Apoth really isn't an "oh shit" cooldown with its ramp up time.
    Huh? What "ramp-up time" ? It essentially makes your Holy Words have 6 to 10-second cooldowns. You can Serenity -> FH -> FH -> FH -> Serenity for massive single target throughput. It's not an instant-healeveryone like Divine Hymn, it's something that gives you a shitload of extra throughput for the next 30 seconds by greatly reducing the CDs of your strongest heals.

And it makes Holy Words free, so it also saves you a good deal of mana.

With PoH not being restricted to groups anymore, CoH is kind of redundant, as it's just an instant-cast PoH that heals a little more.

ER is bad because Renew isn't the greatest and you're in a 5 man where mana efficiency is largely irrelevant.
    A single renew won't heal a lot, but just like Echo of Light, when it's constantly ticking, it adds up over time. Rolling renews on the group and refreshing them with BH often has Renew as #4 or #3 on healing.

In raids, yeah Renew is shit, but in 5mans it's not completely terrible. You cast it once and then it's free healing the rest of the fight.

if that's your only argument for it then I'll remind you again that we're talking about 5 mans where said mana efficiency has little to no value.
    "mana efficiency" is not my only argument for BH, I even stated other reasons; not sure why you're assuming that it's my only argument.

Also, in mythic 5mans, mana is not as irrelevant as in normal/heroic. On almost every fight in M Halls of Valor, I ended around 10-15% mana; group was 825-840.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-06 at 11:41 PM.

I think Binding Heal and Trail of Light fill the same niche and it probably comes down to personal preference I suppose. Either ToL and Surge of Light or BH and Enduring Renew. I use ToL+SoL most of the time, but definitely see how BH+ER could be useful.

I think Apotheosis is hands down superior to CoH in the majority of instances, though. It can be a huge extra amount of healing when needed. If you don't find yourself needing the extra CD, CoH is still useful, and the argument can be made that in high mobility fights it's more useful than Apo. I spec CoH for Eye of Azshara, for example.

I'm using both ToL and BH since other tier 1 talents feel awful in 5 mans. This way flash heal is best when there are 2 targets to heal, while BH is used whenever there is party wide damage completly replacing PoH. I played with SoL at first but i just don't feel like depending on rng in 5mans where i am the only healer, i'd rather have an additional tool in my arsenal instead. Also it's the best tool for reducing holy word cds since it reduces total 10 seconds per cast as opposed to 8 second on FH and PoH. Overall i think both BH and SoL i viable, just a matter of personal taste.

I am definitely in the BH camp. I've never been a fan of SoL even back in the WotLK days. I use BH a lot in dungeons, it's a great sort of mid-tier spell between the single target healing of Flash Heal and the slower group healing of PoH. It allows me to cast more Sanctifys which for how clunky it might be sometimes still is a fun mini-game of trying to get as many players as possible in the circle.

I have just been running with Enlightenment for tier 1 and not really given it a second thought, but I will try out ToL instead.

The problem I have with Surge of Light is that it doesn't proc often enough, and when it DOES proc, 9/10 times it doesn't particularly feel useful. It only seems to proc two or three times per boss, in 5mans. Back in WoD when you could use Divine Star to get shitloads of procs, it was nice, but now it's too random to really feel useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Feigr View Post
    it's a great sort of mid-tier spell between the single target healing of Flash Heal and the slower group healing of PoH.
    This is a pretty good way of describing Binding Heal, yeah.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-07 at 06:31 PM.

do you spam prayer of mending at dungeons guys?

Maybe I'm still thinking of WoD too much when I heal, but I keep Renews rolling and PoM on CD. Then I use the rest of my abilities as I need. Heal, FH, BH (talent), CoH (talent), PoH, etc. Sometimes looking at my logs I feel I don't use the Holy Word abilities enough, but since they only need to be used when needed, not a problem with them not always needing to be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I do, mana isn't exactly super important in dungeons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caladia View Post
    Maybe I'm still thinking of WoD too much when I heal, but I keep Renews rolling and PoM on CD. Then I use the rest of my abilities as I need. Heal, FH, BH (talent), CoH (talent), PoH, etc. Sometimes looking at my logs I feel I don't use the Holy Word abilities enough, but since they only need to be used when needed, not a problem with them not always needing to be needed.
    Logs as always should be taken with a grain of salt. While Renew isn't as powerful as it use to be, you're the only one healing and if you have Renew + EoL ticking and you don't have to cast to heal, you can save mana during a fight for that oh shit moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I stopped using PoM in dungeons because it just doesn't heal very much at all. It was just one more thing to use on cooldown, and I didn't really notice its healing at all.

I'm kind of on the fence about Renew as well, since it also doesn't seem to heal very much at all, but it seems to do decently on my total healing done (#3 or #4 most of the time) so...eh.

I just hate having to use a short cooldown every single time it's up. Just kinda tedious.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-07 at 10:52 PM.

I stopped using PoM in dungeons because it just doesn't heal very much at all. It was just one more thing to use on cooldown, and I didn't really notice its healing at all.
    No question PoM doesn't heal for a lot but why would you not cast it? It's more throughput with minimal burden. Sure, if there is a frantic phase to a fight, PoM is a low priority, but I see it like our mastery. EoL never wins a fight but it's more overall healing like PoM

Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy View Post
    No question PoM doesn't heal for a lot but why would you not cast it?
    Because it heals for so little that I don't even notice it.

Even EoL, I can notice its healing, when I hit someone with a Heal or Flash Heal and they're still around 93%, and then get healed up to 100% over the next few seconds. PoM, I've never noticed its healing.

We have so many other tools for multi-person healing (PoH, Sanctuary, Binding Heal) and PoM just pales in comparison to them.

I stopped casting it simply because I feel like it's not worth casting. That and like I said, I just find it boring and tedious to cast short cooldowns, on cooldown.

Is there a soft cap on Mastery? Currently sitting at 40.01 Mastery, 20.35 Crit, and 11.06% haste and wondering if DR is kicking in and I should drop some mastery for more throughput.

Quote Originally Posted by Cohren View Post
    Is there a soft cap on Mastery? Currently sitting at 40.01 Mastery, 20.35 Crit, and 11.06% haste and wondering if DR is kicking in and I should drop some mastery for more throughput.
    I wouldn't think so. Even at 100% Mastery, you could still benefit from more, as it would simply be "heals for 101% of the heal's value", 105%, 110%, etc. Obviously we'd never get Mastery that high, but you get the point.

I suppose if you find yourself in a situation where EoL is overhealing a lot, and/or is not in your top 5 healing sources, then you might have too much Mastery.