Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Apple: "No one has ever done this before! Introducing [insert every product that Apple has ever brought to market]".

It's the most obnoxious part of Apple's marketing approach, whether you like Apple products or not. Apple clearly does not innovate, they refine and rebrand existing products.
    That would require them to actually figure things out.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Eh. I still have my IPhone 5s (never cracked it, hardly dropped it, still works perfectly) but once it stops working I'll probably switch over to something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Saw a quick thing on news that the iPhone 7 won't have a head phone jack. Fucking dick move by Apple.
    they'll probably make it cost more as an added feature.
    Hi

Welp, I never had anything against iPhones (Actually preferred my 3GS or whatever over my current Android HTC One M8), but no headphone jack literally is a game breaker for me. I didn't spend $90 on my headphones to not use them.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://appleapple.top/iphone-6s-lost...ghest-quality/

Well, let´s hope the 7s is at least better than those results. Though, who really uses his Iphone to actually talk to someone, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Kinda stupid that I have to say this to not get called out on being a apple fanboy, I own things from both sides.

Now to the point, their apple watch is far superior than any other smartwatch on the market right now, and with the .2 coming up, they're even further ahead, the Iphone 7 did have a lot of intuitive shit and they FINALLY brought in some of the most requested shit that should've been there years ago such as the waterproof crap.

But I was watching it as well and I think they only said nobody had ever done the thing about the camera, I cannot recall hearing them saying shit that wasn't true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Welp, I never had anything against iPhones (Actually preferred my 3GS or whatever over my current Android HTC One M8), but no headphone jack literally is a game breaker for me. I didn't spend $90 on my headphones to not use them.
    You can still use it, you get a adapter in your iPhone 7 package that lets you plug it into the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    You can still use it, you get a adapter in your iPhone 7 package that lets you plug it into the phone.
    Don't try to quell my unresearched internet rage!

But yeah, quick search does confirm, even from an article making fun of it.
    A pair of Lightning earbuds, as well as an adaptor for traditional headphone jacks, will be included in the box with the iPhone 7.
    http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/7/128...htning-earbuds

Still a bit iffy, but better than before. Thanks for that!

But Apple has colors you've never seen before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit skeptical of the dropping of the 3.5mm audio jack, as I still use that jack extensively. But at the same time, Apple was also called crazy when they got rid of floppy disks, when they got rid of CD readers, when they switched from the large connector they used to have to the current standard lightning connector. And every time, it's been fine. The world adapted, and we're actually a bit better off than we were before.

So I say go ahead an be skeptical, but the sky is probably not falling.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

It's cute when Apple think any fucking thing they do is innovative and fresh. Although to be fair overpriced garbage that isn't worth it could be their innovation I guess.

I don't know why Apple engage people so much. Both fans and haters. I use Apple because they've got simple (to use) products that work well and have lasted for a long time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    I don't know why Apple engage people so much. Both fans and haters. I use Apple because they've got simple (to use) products that work well and have lasted for a long time.
    I use Apple because my company provides my phone and phone service for me, and that means I'm in the Apple ecosystem.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It's cute when Apple think any fucking thing they do is innovative and fresh. Although to be fair overpriced garbage that isn't worth it could be their innovation I guess.
    I mean, they're FAR SUPERIOR when it comes to security which is the #1 concern these days for students, businessmen and all that jazz.
    They're not making products for gamers, they're making products for the mainstream audience which is pretty much every average joe out there.

You're just hating on Apple because 1. You're a gamer, or 2. You simply don't have enough money for one of their products. I used to be like that too. But then I actually went ahead and bought one of their products and it is currently my go-to brand for job related products.

I obviously love Windows more as you simply cannot game on a macbook, but I think it is silly when you try to hate on something without a proper reason.
    That Sodapoppin guy said gamers hate women, but they also hate Apple products... LOL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, they're FAR SUPERIOR when it comes to security which is the #1 concern these days for students, businessmen and all that jazz.
    They're not making products for gamers, they're making products for the mainstream audience which is pretty much every average joe out there.

You're just hating on Apple because 1. You're a gamer, or 2. You simply don't have enough money for one of their products. I used to be like that too. But then I actually went ahead and bought one of their products and it is currently my go-to brand for job related products.

I obviously love Windows more as you simply cannot game on a macbook, but I think it is silly when you try to hate on something without a proper reason.
    That Sodapoppin guy said gamers hate women, but they also hate Apple products... LOL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Source? Near zero chance you get infected without doing something you shouldn't be doing or lack the knowledge to not do on any operating system. If I use your logic, I can see how Apple products are superior. You would say they are superior because they are locked down and don't let users change many things. But for the world of people who are competent with technology and desire to get the most out of the $700+ device we purchased, Apple is inferior and offers much less than desired in terms of features and specifications.

Yeah so far superior the Icloud got hacked and compromising photos were released of celebrities. Bullshit they are. Also no Macbooks and Imacs are pointless when you can build a cheaper Windows PC to do the exact same thing. Graphic, Sound, Gaming or mainstream use. A £200 notebook can do exactly what a Macbook can for mainstream use such as connecting with people on facebook, skyping for video chat, office programs and much more. Apple will always be an overpriced piece of garbage in which the cheaper alternative is far superior until they go bankrupt. Also I have plenty enough money for their products I just have more sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a reason most tech people don't use Apple products, even people that repair Apple products don't use them.

- - - Updated - - -

And you use Apple products because you know nothing about tech.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    There is a reason most tech people don't use Apple products, even people that repair Apple products don't use them.

- - - Updated - - -

And you use Apple products because you know nothing about tech.
    Considering taking them to a third party for repair has a risk of bricking the phones I wonder why....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Saw a quick thing on news that the iPhone 7 won't have a head phone jack. Fucking dick move by Apple.
    Good luck with that. I'd flip my lid if my phone didn't have a headphone jack. It's standard for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It's the most obnoxious part of Apple's marketing approach, whether you like Apple products or not. Apple clearly does not innovate, they refine and rebrand existing products.
    For iPhone 8 they'll have this never before seen technology called a SD Card slot. With this you can expand your phones storage. Apple will call it, iCard. But it uses proprietary formats that nobody supports.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'd argue that the first iPhone was innovative.

Even the first iPod was innovative, not because it was the first mp3 player or anything, but because of the simplicity of the GUI.
    I argue that the iPhone is ridding on the back of the iPod, and the iPod sold well only because it looked nice. But the iPod doesn't play Mp3's, and the iPhone only had a cleaner UI compared to Windows Mobile Phone and Symbian. Anyone remember those smart phones that have been in the market a decade before iPhone? Nokia Ngage ran on the Symbian OS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    Most of the more senior people in my company's IT department use Apple computers. My father, who was a second generation computer programmer, who used to design printed circuit boards and integrated circuits for fun, who could do machine code, about as technical as you could possibly get, he preferred Apple his whole life.

lol, Apple basically invents gui, the mouse, mp3 players, smart phones, and really home computing.....but they don't innovate?

Only thing sillier than their fanboys is their haters.

I remember Samsung touting the fact you could bump phones and share stuff, even though that was one of the first apps on the iPhone.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown