Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    True, but I was thinking sheep->Switch->light up. Does that work? Can you switch specs after sheeping a thing?
    It's probably not required to switch specs to get a hidden appearance, that would be kinda dumb. But maybe the Supernova talent or the artifact's skill could work.

So I haven't leveled my mage yet to test this out, but I did however notice something interesting.
    The item that teaches The Woolomancers Staff reads ""Cote "Shepherd" Metcalf was unable to unlock the secrets of this mysterious bleating staff."

This made me realize something Cote "Shepherd" Metcalf is an Anagram of "Accepted Frosh Helmet". Which reminded me of the reward from the mage training school in Azuna where you learn to be an arcane mage where the reward is the toy Mystical Frosh Hat. Try to keep the buff up from this hat while searching.

Possibly the sheep is Bleeting at you because you're not wearing the proper attire?
    Last edited by OrioneTerenas; 2016-09-07 at 11:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrioneTerenas View Post
    So I haven't leveled my mage yet to test this out, but I did however notice something interesting.
    The item that teaches The Woolomancers Staff reads ""Cote "Shepherd" Metcalf was unable to unlock the secrets of this mysterious bleating staff."

This made me realize something Cote "Shepherd" Metcalf is an Anagram of "Accepted Frosh Helmet". Which reminded me of the reward from the mage training school in Azuna where you learn to be an arcane mage where the reward is the toy Mystical Frosh Hat. Try to keep the buff up from this hat while searching.

Possibly the sheep is Bleeting at you because you're not wearing the proper attire?
    Very unlikely but I don't exactly have a lot of leads right now. I think my next course of action is to try and spellsteal my own polymorph. Become one with the sheep!

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing happened with spellsteal, any form of damage, or the hat.

Did any of you manage to make the volatile sheep show up a second time for the same zone/mob? There has been a weekly reset now, so if this was about interacting with the volatile sheep, we would have been able to get the message again.

Otherwise, there may be some additional polymorph targets we are missing. I've tried the neutral sea horses swimming in various underwater zones, but nothing happened. I was thinking about trying with seals, but I wasn't able to find any neutral ones. I also tried with all the animals in the Suramar Zoo, with no result.

Not sure what the rule is, though. So far, all targets have been neutral and at least partially hoofed. There has also been one target per zone, except for Broken Shore, Eye of Azshara and Dalaran. Is there anything we could be missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, did a little digging on WoWHead and think I may have a lead. We know the staff is tied to someone named Cote "Shepard" Metcalf. While his location is unknown his model is, and he looks to be an older human wearing primitive cloth robes. In addition, he is a shepherd, a keeper of sheep. So if we find sheep, we find the shepherd. Doing another search on WoWHead, this time for sheep on the Broken Isles, I get only one response, and it is an interesting one. Stormheim Sheep Exploded. So far we have been hunting a volatile sheep, and what do volatile things do? Explode of course! Our target must be in Stormheim!

Another thing to note, Cote Metcalf may be a reference to Cole MacGrath, the lighting powered superhero from the Infamous video game series. Lightning and Stormheim, eh?
    Last edited by Selastan; 2016-09-07 at 08:22 PM.

does the hidden quest for the volatile sheep reset weekly? if it happen maybe you have to make a storm drake hit a volatile sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by ppbrro View Post
    does the hidden quest for the volatile sheep reset weekly? if it happen maybe you have to make a storm drake hit a volatile sheep?
    I was wondering the same thing. It didn't seem to happen to me after server restart, but maybe others know if/when it resets?

On a different note, I found a dragon nest with dead sheep at 45,36 in Stormheim, but nothing around it seems targetable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I was wondering the same thing. It didn't seem to happen to me after server restart, but maybe others know if/when it resets?

On a different note, I found a dragon nest with dead sheep at 45,36 in Stormheim, but nothing around it seems targetable.
    Awesome, that may be a clue! I shall investigate. How do you look up coordinates? I don't play with addons btw.

Deleted
    Above Aggramar's Vault.
    There's also a human settlement with bradensbrook that has a couple sheeps.

- - - Updated - - -

According to the altered time post there's only a quest for a sheep in the 5 zones, so no we aren't missing a target.

10+ Year Old Account
    After walking around that aforementioned dragon nest, I think that is where we are supposed to go. Those are literally the only sheep to be found in the Broken Isles. I'm going to try farming the dragons. Maybe they ate the staff or Cote or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crazy thought. Back in the old Warcraft RTS games you could explode critters by clicking on them a bunch of times. Has anyone tried that on the volatile sheep?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldayr View Post
    Crazy thought. Back in the old Warcraft RTS games you could explode critters by clicking on them a bunch of times. Has anyone tried that on the volatile sheep?
    i did, but the thing but the sheep un-polimorph and the guy started attacking me lol, it's look like the quest doesn't reset weekly so you wouldn't get that dialogue again. we need to look at something else.
    but there are these 2 quest who might be related to it (i can't post them, but they are called sommoned sheep exploded and stormheim sheep exploded)

10+ Year Old Account
    Now this is something interesting to note, you can indefinitely kite a sheepable mob. Simply walk just far enough away from it as your attack range will allow, hit it and pop the poly, wait till it attacks you and repoly. My new theory; find a place where Aluneth charges and kite a volatile mob within range. Maybe you overload and explode it?

Could, eventually, Millhouse Manastorm have anything to do with secret appearances ?

Yesterday i was in Val'sharah or Stormheim (can't recall exactly) and he mentioned something like giving him an old artifact/heirloom.

There's also a rare dragon called Stormtalon you can defeat and then ride around for 5 minutes (doing it also gives an achievement), and I tried to explode a sheeped mob with his lightning ability. Had to do it on a mob that was in combat with another mob, since it only deals 50% of hp. The mob, a sheeped goat, simply vanished as a result (possibly because I hadn't tagged it for loot).

Sadly, I lost the mount even sooner than 5 minutes, because I tried to fly it to the big lighthouse thingy in the bay and lost the buff for leaving the area (which is stupid, the lighthouse is right next to the bluffs where this rare spawns, and it's very tempting to go there).

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Just adding my bit in, but there is a vrykul shepherd mob in the very southern part of stormheim, not near the dead sheep, but maybe worth looking at? I have also been waiting to try polymorphing the 110 slime in western plaguelands.

I don't know if this is related to the arcane artifact, but I found a hidden map/image in the mage class hall, right next to the mission board. Has to be viewed at an angle to be visible. http://imgur.com/a/8hBt5

Has any one tried to do this with the glyph of crittermorph?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComeonandRam View Post
    Just adding my bit in, but there is a vrykul shepherd mob in the very southern part of stormheim, not near the dead sheep, but maybe worth looking at? I have also been waiting to try polymorphing the 110 slime in western plaguelands.
    Now that is interesting. But I feel like we may be missing a piece. I'm pretty sure we will end up in Stormheim, but we aren't supposed to go there yet. There has to be a trigger we are missing...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ninefoldrin View Post
    Oh, interesting. Oddly, it looks like half a map. Maybe there's another part? Maybe it has something to do with it? Maybe it's completely useless? Interesting note on that: The left edge looks vaguely like half of the icon for Arcane Blast (or *MAYBE* Arcane Explosion). So maybe exploding the sheep has something to do with Arcane Blast (or explosion), but there has to be another condition, as I'm sure we've all tried at least one of these on our polymorphed targets to no avail.

Has anyone tried sheeping animals in dungeons? I've tried a few with no response yet, but maybe there's mobs in some dungeons that trigger the volatile sheep? Nothing I poly'd in Eye of Azshara did it, but that's one dungeon. Pretty much throwing stuff at the wall to see if anything sticks right now.
    Nothing in Eye of Azshara OR Halls of Valor trigger it. I'm fairly certain the we have sheeped everything that needs to be sheeped AND we don't need to do anything to said sheep. Right now I'm waiting to see if a World Quest or follower mission shows up now that I've sheeped everything I need to.