10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    If you mean untested data that came up in the last 3 hours, yeah!
    By 3 hours, you mean 24 hours. But yeah, pretty untested.

I will say, the braindead way to play it is the currently used one. Impossible to mess up.

What's your guys' thoughts on 850 ilvl marfisi's giant censer? str stat and chance on hit to give 15% crit dmg for 10 seconds.

Question...

When I use Colossus Smash and Overpower procs, should I use Mortal Strike and consume the Shattered Defenses buff or use Overpower? I've noticed that once in a while, Overpower will proc Tactician and unless I've talented Mortal Combo, I'd be wasting a Shattered Defense buff. I feel like if Shattered Defenses is up Mortal Strike should be higher in the priority than Overpower.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by cszsolt3 View Post
    I need clarification in regards to a few things with FR arms. I'm currently in 834 and I'm seriously underperforming in single target compared to most of my friends or even my main character.

1. How important is sweeping strikes for dungeons? How much does it gimp my dps not having dauntless for bosses? It seems without sweeping i'm 100% useless on trash apart from bladestorm cds.

2. I've read different things about this...but do you mortal strike whenever its up or always wait till you have 3 stacks of FR?

3. Is warbreak best used in colossus smash downtimes in singletarget and in massive aoe? Or should it be weaved into the rotation at any other points? There are times when I get back to back procs and i find myself not using it for half a minute, other times i blow it in the first few seconds because im not getting procs.

4. Spamming slam during battle cry sometimes delays my mortal strike. It just feels weird when I miss out on a mortal strike in battle cry because of slamming for 80k dmg.

5. Do I use execute under 20% or not?

6. Anger management vs opportunity strikes for single target and aoe?

7. What talent setup do you guys run in mythic/mythic+ dungeons and is that gonna be any different in raids?
    1. Sweeping Strikes is about preference and is situational (group comp), it will make you a cleave king during cooldowns but relying on RNG and rage starved elsewhere and of course on bosses you're then gimping yourself. It's up to you to decide which you prefer though really, a lot of people run Fury on trash and Arms on the boss. I personally just play Arms on the trash to focus down important targets, there are always important targets that killing faster makes things better.

2. It's rarely worth waiting for 3 stacks, most of the time you should just use MS when it's up. For example though maybe you have Battle Cry coming up in 1 second and CS is on the target and so you add another FR then pop Battle Cry as you MS to benefit from the extra damage + blood dot. In the general sense you never delay MS to add FR stacks, the situational moments where it's worth to delay are hard to articulate in text.

3. Spec is so RNG that this is situational, it depends on the exact situation you're in. I tend to keep it as RNG protection for if CS doesn't reset during Battle Cry. I rarely ever focus on trying to do AOE since I play with classes that do it better, Arms gimps itself by trying to AOE with FR spec since you need all of your cooldowns to steroid the Bladestorm.

4. You should try to avoid delaying MS, but it's situational based on how much Battle Cry you have left, whether or not you have a CS proc. Consider that even if you use Slam to reset CS while holding the 3 stack MS you still probably won't get the CS + MS within Battle Cry to benefit from the Blood dot, so you're gonna do more damage if you just use MS for the still much higher damage than Slam + higher dot contribution, then worry about the CS reset after Battle Cry falls off, since you will be at rage cap or close.

5. Yes, during Battle Cry instead of slam or if you're near rage cap + you have a CS (Shattered) and you're waiting on MS cooldown. It's situational like using it to reduce Battle Cry cooldown so you can do another Battle Cry at crucial moments is absolutely worthwhile, but using it otherwise can rage starve you and stop the flow, just continue normal rotation.

6. If you're playing FR then Anger Management is a must have, the spec needs Battle Cry like we need oxygen.

7. Dauntless, Double Time (heroic leap to charge), Avatar, FR, Deadly Calm, Anger Management. Sweeping Strikes will be used on some stuff, the rest is likely to remain as is for the FR spec.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-09-08 at 12:20 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    1. Sweeping Strikes is about preference and is situational (group comp), it will make you a cleave king during cooldowns but relying on RNG and rage starved elsewhere and of course on bosses you're then gimping yourself. It's up to you to decide which you prefer though really, a lot of people run Fury on trash and Arms on the boss. I personally just play Arms on the trash to focus down important targets, there are always important targets that killing faster makes things better.

2. It's rarely worth waiting for 3 stacks, most of the time you should just use MS when it's up. For example though maybe you have Battle Cry coming up in 1 second and CS is on the target and so you add another FR then pop Battle Cry as you MS to benefit from the extra damage + blood dot. In the general sense you never delay MS to add FR stacks, the situational moments where it's worth to delay are hard to articulate in text.

3. Spec is so RNG that this is situational, it depends on the exact situation you're in. I tend to keep it as RNG protection for if CS doesn't reset during Battle Cry. I rarely ever focus on trying to do AOE since I play with classes that do it better, Arms gimps itself by trying to AOE with FR spec since you need all of your cooldowns to steroid the Bladestorm.

4. You should try to avoid delaying MS, but it's situational based on how much Battle Cry you have left, whether or not you have a CS proc. Consider that even if you use Slam to reset CS while holding the 3 stack MS you still probably won't get the CS + MS within Battle Cry to benefit from the Blood dot, so you're gonna do more damage if you just use MS for the still much higher damage than Slam + higher dot contribution, then worry about the CS reset after Battle Cry falls off, since you will be at rage cap or close.

5. Yes, during Battle Cry instead of slam or if you're near rage cap + you have a CS (Shattered) and you're waiting on MS cooldown. It's situational like using it to reduce Battle Cry cooldown so you can do another Battle Cry at crucial moments is absolutely worthwhile, but using it otherwise can rage starve you and stop the flow, just continue normal rotation.

6. If you're playing FR then Anger Management is a must have, the spec needs Battle Cry like we need oxygen.

7. Dauntless, Double Time (heroic leap to charge), Avatar, FR, Deadly Calm, Anger Management. Sweeping Strikes will be used on some stuff, the rest is likely to remain as is for the FR spec.
    Thank you for taking the time and answering my questions. I can't gaurantee I won't be back with more though...this spec is the clunkiest piece of garbage I've had to play in a while. No offense to warriors who enjoy it though : ) The crits can look nice..

Best bet is to put points in fury and switch for bosses. Fury is trash Kong and you can odyns fury 2 times for every bladestorm.

It's rarely worth waiting for 3 stacks
    Isn't this still being debated/proven? I feel like it would be worth waiting for 3 stacks if you have battlecry/deadly calm up AND can execute the boss instead... but I'm waiting for an official annoucement to start. Right now it feels terrible waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyongia View Post
    Interesting, I would have thought that Chaos Talisman would take too long to stack up as Arms.

You know I never thought of switching to Fury for trash pulls, thats pretty smart, I should start leveling my fury weapon...

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    If you mean untested data that came up in the last 3 hours, yeah!
    Was posted a week ago - mmo-champion.com/threads/1892705-Arms-Legion-Discussion?p=42132816#post42132816.

Deleted
    So i looted the pvp str proc trinket (840 ilvl) yesterday.
    Isn't it worth to add to the list of trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    So i looted the pvp str proc trinket (840 ilvl) yesterday.
    Isn't it worth to add to the list of trinkets?
    Same w/ the str/mast trinket or is that ther and im blind or stupid? Just stomped on grapes to make wine for a 845 str/mastery one

Does anyone have a BIS list for pre-raid? (Yes, I am aware of TF gear ruining things)

Quote Originally Posted by druxx View Post
    Does anyone have a BIS list for pre-raid? (Yes, I am aware of TF gear ruining things)

I think if somebdoy were to come out with a decent stat weighting it would be a lot easier to tell right now I'm just trying to get anything that gives main mastery + vers/haste. And then basically trying to judge secondaries vs. main stats when it comes to 5 or 10 ilvl difference or a socket.

Quote Originally Posted by thefatty01 View Post
    Isn't this still being debated/proven? I feel like it would be worth waiting for 3 stacks if you have battlecry/deadly calm up AND can execute the boss instead... but I'm waiting for an official annoucement to start. Right now it feels terrible waiting.
    The problem is that RNG pending it's better or worse to do either. There has been discussion either way since expansion launched and really due to RNG it's easy to be in the situation where one pays off and the other doesn't or vice versa. Waiting for 3 stacks can result in wasting a lot of CS procs, where you're getting 1x 3 stack MS vs 2x 2 Stack MS because you decided to delay it and wased a CS (Shattered Defense).

Like I said there are times where you want to delay, but it's hard to articulate that in a post without it taking up some time. You can sim it to have one method show up higher numbers than the other, but those numbers are only relevant to that sim duration, fight style and gear setup and also taking into consideration that in reality sometimes you will 2 stack and sometimes you will 3 stack, and you will guage that based on "in the moment" decisions, such as cooldowns/procs, wait duration or fight mechanics etc.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The problem is that RNG pending it's better or worse to do either. There has been discussion either way since expansion launched and really due to RNG it's easy to be in the situation where one pays off and the other doesn't or vice versa. Waiting for 3 stacks can result in wasting a lot of CS procs, where you're getting 1x 3 stack MS vs 2x 2 Stack MS because you decided to delay it and wased a CS (Shattered Defense).

Like I said there are times where you want to delay, but it's hard to articulate that in a post without it taking up some time. You can sim it to have one method show up higher numbers than the other, but those numbers are only relevant to that sim duration, fight style and gear setup and also taking into consideration that in reality sometimes you will 2 stack and sometimes you will 3 stack, and you will guage that based on "in the moment" decisions, such as cooldowns/procs, wait duration or fight mechanics etc.
    This makes perfect sense, thanks. Well at least the "it depends on what your RNG does." I think it would be nicer to wait, because you extend the CS window but it does come at the cost of wasting CSs

Icy-Veins seems to think that it's not worth using Execute at all outside of Shattered Defenses (or ring procs). Is that actually true? Feels weird not dumping half my rotation in exchange for execute like the good ol' days.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbtacks View Post
    Icy-Veins seems to think that it's not worth using Execute at all outside of Shattered Defenses (or ring procs). Is that actually true? Feels weird not dumping half my rotation in exchange for execute like the good ol' days.
    Shattered defense is for mortal strike with FR buffs. It hits harder and is more efficient. You use execute only in battlecry. Sometimes I'll use execute if the boss is like 1% but I still prioritize mortal stroke over it

Quote Originally Posted by noctred View Post
    Was posted a week ago - mmo-champion.com/threads/1892705-Arms-Legion-Discussion?p=42132816#post42132816.
    I think you guys have him wrong on what he's talking about, I don't think he is talking about it being the first time he's heard or thought of it. I think he saying only at the time he wrote it, it had only been 3 hours since they were able to run all the simulations and confirmed the "hypothesis" through real numbers.

In other words they knew of the possibility but had not been able to confirm it till now. These guys do not go of what we "think" might be, they go off of what they can prove.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Shattered defense is for mortal strike with FR buffs. It hits harder and is more efficient. You use execute only in battlecry. Sometimes I'll use execute if the boss is like 1% but I still prioritize mortal stroke over it
    As Arch said before, FR stacks only buff MS they do not buff Execute. Therefor MS FRx3 is stronger than Execute, and it's not worth the rage spent unless it's a SD execute.

To those of you getting Verse>haste did you try getting a little over >20% haste and making sure 5 globals are fit into each battle cry?