Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Engineering has the only usable loot-a-rang, which is such a huuuuuge QoL improvement that it made the profession mandatory for me on all 12 characters.

But yeah, nothing new in Legion of any note. Reaves is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    STAY. ON THE. FUCKING. GROUND. ASSHOLES. -Blizzard.
    I shouldn't have laughed as hard at this as I did, but to remain on topic, the Whistle is all you need! The Whistle is love.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Deleted
    You can just use Goblin Gliders, but the nerf to Brulfist Idol completely kills the fun these two items had.

i dont even have those items so wtf

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Seriously considering unsubbing now, the frustration I get from not being able to fly coupled with every mob in legion scaling up and thus having max aggro radius is killing my enjoyment. I have alts that I won't be able to level until flying because of the tedium and I also can't enjoy doing professions because of the quest and star gating and archaeology and gathering is an absolute joke without flying and dodging level 110 mobs. These 3 toys were absolute godsends.
    Bye Felicia

So someone mentioned you can buy goblin gliders in Dalaran? Where is that exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    No it wasn't. The glider kits last twice as long and can be used anywhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone already had them. Can be bought from an NPC even. There has never been a big market for gliders.
    yes because everyone rather buy the 10g gliders from the merchent over the 5g ones most engineers sell... heck even 1g

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Engineering has the only usable loot-a-rang, which is such a huuuuuge QoL improvement that it made the profession mandatory for me on all 12 characters.

But yeah, nothing new in Legion of any note. Reaves is terrible.
    a feast at the cost of only 5 felslate, a falure detection pylon for 3 chaos blasters and 3 felslate less, a autohammer for mcuh less, everything for much less? and your saying its terrible?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    whats the difference between that toy to engineers and the glider everyone can buy in dala???
    one costs 10g each use?

Ya I haven't even used the kite. The thousands of gliders I have laying around from WoD was all I needed.

Does seem excessive though, but really don't agree with anyone complaining about travel in a game.
    Combat takes place on the ground. That's the only thing that should effect your enjoyment.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    That's your opinion. Blizzards shitty zone design says otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

The perk was never a perk. They can be made super cheap or even bought from and NPC. DH made the profession version obsolete.
    dh glider goes no where as far, so false, i still see plenty of DH riding on the gliders because it goes much faster

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    dh glider goes no where as far, so false, i still see plenty of DH riding on the gliders because it goes much faster
    No you don't, DH have fel rush x 4 in the air. It beats gliders distance and speed by a mile.
    /rollseyes

Let me guess, world pvp died when people started using the Kite too AMIRITE?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatics View Post
    And as I'm typing this I am now realizing they have actual cloak enchants, so I'm assuming as an engineer I cannot have a glider and "real" enchant on my cloak? So even as an engineering,
    Can anyone confirm this is how it works? I'm assuming it does as you have never been able to put 2 "enchants" on something but I have not played since Cata was released and it will suck if I am not able to continue using my cloak enchant I always have. 3min CD and 2mins of gliding slowfall? I don't even use a boe glider or the toy on my engineer but it looks like now I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    No you don't, DH have fel rush x 4 in the air. It beats gliders distance and speed by a mile.
    This is very much incorrect for longer distances. DH glide is 179% runspeed while goblin gliders (tinker and items) are 357%. Fel rushing 15 yards ahead twice every 20s doesn't make up for that.

@Lunatics: WoD had cloak enchants too. They work fine alongside the goblin glider tinker.

Actually the WoD enchants had 10% runspeed attached too. Lose a fair bit of performance, but they're a nice alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly this kite is my favorite part of the expansion. No joke, I've had a ton of fun with it. The only place I could see it needing a nerf is Suramar. I skip like half the city by just flying over the guards so I don't get caught.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    This is very much incorrect for longer distances. DH glide is 179% runspeed while goblin gliders (tinker and items) are 357%. Fel rushing 15 yards ahead twice every 20s doesn't make up for that.

@Lunatics: WoD had cloak enchants too. They work fine alongside the goblin glider tinker.

Actually the WoD enchants had 10% runspeed attached too. Lose a fair bit of performance, but they're a nice alternative.
    DH have 4 fel rushes, I dont remember if its a talent or an artifact perk (been a while since i played beta.), use both FR, pop defensive cooldown, get 2 more, drop without gliding, glide close to ground. Rarely do you ever glide for longer than 5 to 10 seconds, on any class.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2016-09-07 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevyB View Post
    Is this a fucking joke? Holy shit way to sour the great overall Legion experience blizz...
    Blizz HQ: Fun Detected, nerf to the ground

GG

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    Not really. Bad enough we can't fly.
    Well, there is that dragon in Stormheim.

Deleted
    As of right now, this change is not live in the EU. Brulfist and Kite still working exactly the same as they always were.

The toy that lets people in a party keep up with DH buddies and perform choreographed wingsuit formations. Blizzard hates fun. Oh yah and it's not like the glider market is a big money maker considering we're all sitting at a bajillion garrison resources and make them for nothing.

This is really just blizzard saying nope, too fun, nope. Hell it's so fun I don't even care that I don't have flying. It's not that I won't get flying when they make it available but it's just that fun leave it the hell alone it's the reason we bought the expansion ffs. If they put it in the feature list

Legion features
    -Kite glider toy with 2m cooldown

I woulda bought it right away just for that.
    Last edited by ehxy; 2016-09-07 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    So they can ignore everything on the ground, do gathering or whatever, and then complain that the Isles feel trivial of course. Or getting through the "maze-like terrain". Because navigating using eyes and/or map is too tedious in an open world game, and the true enjoyment is aiming for yellow arrows/dots.

The only thing excessive about all this is that the item had a ridiculous 2 minute cooldown to begin with. Minimum 10.
    It's a toy, with unlimited charges.
    I fought my way to the top of a mountain, to get a treasure. That's content.

I had the choice between fighting my way back down the mountain, or using the kite. I chose to use the kite. At that point, I'd seen the content on the mountain, so fighting my way back is just time-gating further content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    Not really. Bad enough we can't fly.
    Yet.

You can't fly yet.

Patience young grashoppa.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    I fought my way to the top of a mountain, to get a treasure. That's content.

I had the choice between fighting my way back down the mountain, or using the kite. I chose to use the kite. At that point, I'd seen the content on the mountain, so fighting my way back is just time-gating further content.
    So use some Goblin Glider kits like every normal person.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.