Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    lol, Apple basically invents gui, the mouse, mp3 players, smart phones, and really home computing.....but they don't innovate?
    A true believer I see?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Don't try to quell my unresearched internet rage!

But yeah, quick search does confirm, even from an article making fun of it.

http://www.theverge.com/2016/9/7/128...htning-earbuds

Still a bit iffy, but better than before. Thanks for that!
    Can't avoid to wonder if they decided to include the adapter when people didn't just nod in approval when they said that the iPhone 7 wouldn't have a 3.5mm jack

lol, Apple basically invents gui, the mouse, mp3 players, smart phones, and really home computing.....but they don't innovate?

Only thing sillier than their fanboys is their haters.

I remember Samsung touting the fact you could bump phones and share stuff, even though that was one of the first apps on the iPhone.
    Xerox, Xerox, Saehan Information Systems, IBM, and computers predate Microsoft and Apple. Popularizing is not inventing. They polish existing technologies. That may or may not be "innovating," but don't say they invented these things. At least, not in the literal sense. I'll give it a "perhaps" for figuratively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Well, I now know my current phone will be my last apple product. EVER.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Not to really dive into the thread too far but... I am reading a ton of butt hurt here. I mean tbh, if you hate something, just say it with your wallet and don't buy the product - but complaining for the sake of complaining isn't showing you to be the better person here either way.

Nobody said anything about being the first to anything at all in the keynote

Nobody gives a fuck what you own, whether it's a flip phone, black berry, windows phone, iphone, android, or rotary phone - nobody gives a fuck

I own everything in my business, and I upkeep every single type of device based on each employees preference: You can have a chromebook, a custom ui/linux, mac os, windows xp/vista/7/8/10 - I don't care what you have as long as you're productive ffs....

geesus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Most of the more senior people in my company's IT department use Apple computers. My father, who was a second generation computer programmer, who used to design printed circuit boards and integrated circuits for fun, who could do machine code, about as technical as you could possibly get, he preferred Apple his whole life.
    While I respect it, your father's knowledge of trade skills of the distant past is irrelevant to this conversation. It also does not give me any confidence that he is proficient with modern mobile technology given that I have worked with and supported people like your father. Apple has zero place in a business world outside of design. I am also an IT professional. I have owned a 2015 Macbook Pro 15 Retina with the works. You will have a hell of a time trying to use a Mac to effectively provide IT support a large business without visualizing or dual booting Windows. Apple produces toys and media development equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by VTerpsichore View Post
    My favorite Apple is Honey Crisp
    So expensive in Florida though.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    They never said these features are "innovative" though.

Marketing is really, really powerful. It is the most powerful idea we ever created.

People are under a terrifically false impression as to just how much effective marketing comprises notions people believe wholly their own.

apples really gone downhill fast. they are taking so many things away and trying to rip off customers by making them buy extra shit its a wonder they are still mentioned in business.

10+ Year Old Account
    In before Apple makes a car that's never been done before, even though it's like a white Tesla.

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    Saw a quick thing on news that the iPhone 7 won't have a head phone jack. Fucking dick move by Apple.
    So they can sell you an exclusive adapter at a higher price than similar products.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    So they can sell you an exclusive adapter at a higher price than similar products.
    Im usually late to the party on IPhone upgrades. I didn't get a 6 until like 3 weeks ago and only upgraded because it was 6s with 64gigs and I was out of space of my old 4s. And it was free through Verizon. Unless I lose or break this phone, I don't see me upgrading for a very long time.

But I get your point. Imagine removing the head phone jack and putting the functionability into the charging port has something to do with making it more water resistant.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pants on head retarded.

The irony of this video is now astounding...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VTerpsichore View Post
    My favorite Apple is Honey Crisp
    If this was the OP, I'd want to discuss more in this thread.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    I mean, they're FAR SUPERIOR when it comes to security which is the #1 concern these days for students, businessmen and all that jazz.
    They're not making products for gamers, they're making products for the mainstream audience which is pretty much every average joe out there.

You're just hating on Apple because 1. You're a gamer, or 2. You simply don't have enough money for one of their products. I used to be like that too. But then I actually went ahead and bought one of their products and it is currently my go-to brand for job related products.

I obviously love Windows more as you simply cannot game on a macbook, but I think it is silly when you try to hate on something without a proper reason.
    That Sodapoppin guy said gamers hate women, but they also hate Apple products... LOL ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I had the iPhone 4, 5, and 6 Plus. I upgraded to a Galaxy Note 7 and while it sucks that it was recalled at least Samsung is doing something about it than what Apple tried pulling with the antenna crap back with the iPhone 4.

The problem with Apple is they aren't keeping up (4.7" phone is still 750p) and when they do add features they act like it's some new innovation. The iPhone 7 Plus is basically a must because the 4.7" is just a waste of money. The Non-S iPhones are supposed to be major design changes but Apple to changed that from 2 to 3 years.
    Last edited by Suporex; 2016-09-08 at 12:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean the mouse and gui that they modeled of Xerox? Oh.

Or do you mean "smarphones" like the IBM Simon? Or maybe the LG PRADA that released a year before the first Iphone.

Uh-huh. Yup. Apple invented all of those.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    In before Apple makes a car that's never been done before, even though it's like a white Tesla.
    UH ABOUT THAT

https://9to5mac.com/guides/apple-car/

Google should name their next major Android release after an apple variety; great trolling would have been had. Maybe drop some subtle hints/jabs at Apple in UI... although in that case Apple would probably sue.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    There are so many varieties these days. If I'm serving it raw, such as on a cheese plate, I want a crisp and tart apple. Can't remember if Gala met those specs.

...unless it has a headphone jack, then I'm completely behind Gala.
    Very crisp but sweet. Almost like a granny smith with the tart replaced by sweet, not overly so but definitely on that side of the scale. My wife uses them as the main variety when making apple sauce and it's quite awesome.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Apple didn't invent any of that lol.

The GUI was around long before Apple but mouse driven GUI's and mice themselves were invented by Xerox. MP3 players were invented in the 90's but popularised by Creative, Blackberry and Windows mobile were dominating the smartphone scene before Apple even had a working prototype, etc.

If anything, Apple are really good at taking an existing idea, putting their logo on it and making money from their fans, but that's about it.

Hell when you factor in some of the stuff Jobs did after returning to Apple in the late 90's (I.E banning other companies from making Mac OS compatible machines) you could argue Apple are even anti-innovation.
    Last edited by caervek; 2016-09-08 at 12:32 PM.