Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, Oak got a taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Some interesting tidbits I got from the trailer:

No alolan pikachu, cubone or exeggcute. In alola, they automatically evolve into their alolan variants instead

HM may still be around, but as long as you have a pokemon that learned the HM (not necessarily on your person) you can pick them from a menu to use the HMs like fly, rock smash, and surf. Although they could be gone completely and you just get access to those pokemon over time.

Lots of new locations like the Aether Paradise place which looks cool and a few scattered cities.

You travel to new islands on a catamaran with Haku

Confirmation that the school fish pokemon will be the water totem pokemon along with the mantis pokemon as the grass type.

Super tan Oak looking guy, could be oak or someone who looks like him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Some interesting tidbits I got from the trailer:

No alolan pikachu, cubone or exeggcute. In alola, they automatically evolve into their alolan variants instead

HM may still be around, but as long as you have a pokemon that learned the HM (not necessarily on your person) you can pick them from a menu to use the HMs like fly, rock smash, and surf. Although they could be gone completely and you just get access to those pokemon over time.

Lots of new locations like the Aether Paradise place which looks cool and a few scattered cities.

You travel to new islands on a catamaran with Haku

Confirmation that the school fish pokemon will be the water totem pokemon along with the mantis pokemon as the grass type.

Super tan Oak looking guy, could be oak or someone who looks like him.
    Professor Oak's cousin.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

More info coming on September 14th at 1 pm UTC, 10 pm JST, 6 am PDT. Trailer version of Coro Coro info.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    This week's episode of XYZ in a nutshell:
    Ash almost literally threw 4 of his pokemon at Lysandre's Mega Red Gyarados to no avail.
    Bonnie sang a song and saved Squishy from the mind control, and got to hug Squishy 50%'s nose!
    Clembot sacrificed himself to destroy the machine and save Z2. Both Z2 and Squishy are back to their core forms.
    Mairin, Serena, and Augustine rescued Chespie with the help of Steven 'SparkleSparkle' Stone and Team Rocket (whose disguises were blown off conveniently cleanly in an explosion).
    Malva turned against Lysandre and sided with Ash and Alain, for some reason. I can't understand Japanese. Literally the only thing I understood in this episode was dragon kuroh.

Regardless if you can undestand Japanese or not, you should watch the episode. You just need to try and understand whats happening until subs come out.

It has been announced in the preview for next weeks hour long conclusion to the Team Flare arc, that there will be a big announcement alongside the episode. It is currently unknown what this will entail.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    It has been announced in the preview for next weeks hour long conclusion to the Team Flare arc, that there will be a big announcement alongside the episode. It is currently unknown what this will entail.
    Probably the Sun and Moon anime announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

Who doesn't love Yahtzee?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the Sun and Moon anime announcement.

- - - Updated - - -

Who doesn't love Yahtzee?
    I really like the videos he makes, they are really good and from his pov

Good neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeews everyone, I finally completed my Fire Red Nuzlocke!

Final time 66:29...I swear 70% of that was grinding alone...

Hall of Fame Team:
    Gizmo-Magneton
    Pam-Exeggcutor
    Terra-Rhydon
    Ursula-Tentacruel
    Buster-Arcanine
    Luffy-Primeape

Deaths-6
    Lily-Pikachu
    Nia-Diglet
    Nappy-Gastly
    Akiza-Kadabra
    Nessie-Lapras
    Delta-Pidgeot

The finals Elite Four Battles-

Lorelei: Mostly Luffy cleaning up, but things did get scary with Slowbro after it got up 2 Amnesias, but we pulled through

Bruno: Was pretty easy, was basically the Pam show. I did use Ursula for both Onixs though because I wanted to save Giga Drain PP

Agatha: Tried to be cheaky with her lead Gengar using confuse ray and double team. Gizmo pulled through eventually though and took it down. Her final Gengar was kinda scary with Hypnosis, but once Ursula set up Barrier, it was only a matter of time and Full Restores before Gengar went down.

Lance: Gizmo took out Gyarados (as to be expected) and Ursula handled the rest with Barrier and Ice Beams. Dragonite did a lot of damage, but Ursula outsped despite being 6 levels lower, and killed it with 2 Ice Beams.

@Nelavar (Blue): After Gizmo and his Pidgeot tussled a bit, he actually switched into his Rhydon! I had to go into Pam on the Earthquake and got all my HP back with the subsequent Giga Drain. He went back out into Pidgeot and used Gizmo again, this time solidifying the kill. However, not even half-way through the battle, he then used Charizard! Fire Blast missed Terra (not sure if it would have killed or no) and Rock Blast decimated it in turn. Then Buster took out his own Exeggcutor, with some flamethrowers. Gyarados was next, but was done in by Gizmo again, leaving only Alakazam. I stayed in with Gizmo, but Alakazam actually hurt A LOT with Psychic despite the resist and the fact that I T-waved him (full restoring up the synchronize paralysis). It still wasn't a 2hko though, so I got in some damage. But eventually he got the S. Def drop with Psychic and I could no longer take a hit, so I went into Pam as he recovered. Pam outsped because of the earlier T-Wave and one shot with a crit Strength!

I have actually been working on and off on this playthrough for maybe a year (can't remember when I started it) but it is good to be done! Overall, it was great, although the grinding was painful. One of my bloodier nuzlockes for sure though! As always, I gained a new appreciation for a pokemon during the nuzlocke, this time it was Exeggcutor! Carrying with amazing bulk and offensive stats, and typing!! Pam was my rock after I let her join the team! I actually am using one in my Soul Silver Nuzlocke too after Claire's Kingdra killed my Meganium and Slowbro with sniper crits! I was pretty happy with my team overall though, to be honest. I don't think it could have come out better!

Oh, and yes, that is my Gameboy SP that I still have all these years!
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2016-09-09 at 04:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My personal favourite quotes from a reddit discussion about champions travelling the region:

"Fix those psyducks for me will u bby"

Walks away *
    ---------------------
    Cynthia: Hey, that's a mighty nice Luxray you have there!

Me: Thanks, her name is Elesa. Would you like to pat her?

Cynthia: Fuck no now go fight an antimatter monster with your cat whilst I do nothing despite my signature being 9 levels above yours
    CoroCoro might/should be leaking in ~the next 2 days right? Hnnnnnnnnnngggggg
    Last edited by Auxis; 2016-09-09 at 02:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    My personal favourite quotes from a reddit discussion about champions travelling the region:

CoroCoro might/should be leaking in ~the next 2 days right? Hnnnnnnnnnngggggg
    Ugh...most resist waiting...must keep playing.... phoenix .... (no seriosly this game is loooong)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Ugh...most resist waiting...must keep playing.... phoenix .... (no seriosly this game is loooong)

[IMG]http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/168/183/822.gif[IMG]
    glaDIOn

Coincidence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    glaDIOn

Coincidence?

Pretty much every character is doing jojo poses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    [IMG]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/673/257/8c6.gif[IMG]

Pretty much every character is doing jojo poses.
    And mons use Hamon Z moves.

10+ Year Old Account
    -snip-
    Huh, doesn't sound like I was much of a challenge :P
    Congrats either way

Quote Originally Posted by Nelavar View Post
    Huh, doesn't sound like I was much of a challenge :P
    Congrats either way
    Well, you DID switch a pokemon mid battle and went into your ace early on because it had the matchup. Pretty advanced strats for the AI

10+ Year Old Account
    I drew a thing for a change.

@Lahis I approve! I have to say though, I prefer vanilla to shiny Sceptile

10+ Year Old Account
    @Lahis I approve! I have to say though, I prefer vanilla to shiny Sceptile
    Well the request was shiny so I gotta comply on that

Though doing pallette swap on that would be easy enough.

Well, the internet has given me another reason to like Jangmo-o: