Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    No.
    This game should not be raid or die. The world should be relevant and worth doing.

Your opinion is why MMO's became garbage for a decade.
    Has an anime avatar.
    lol.

INFRACTION
    Last edited by Saracens; 2016-09-08 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post

I am all in for having WQs be rewarding, i really like it, but having it be able to drop gear which match raiding/ mythic+ gear is just gonna bring some unrewarding experiences.
    Crafted gear already does that a lot more than WQ gear...but honestly, who really cares? Sometimes gear is an upgrade and sometimes it isn't...And if you are consistently feeling unrewarded from gear drops because they are not an upgrade you are in the wrong difficulty.

10+ Year Old Account
    a) a lot of people in here are acting like normal mode raiding is actually hard
    b) they already told you before you aren't raiding for ilvl, you're raiding for set bonuses
    c) who cares what gear other people are getting or not? I promise you no one you pass in dalaran is going to care what gear you have

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah.
    You're not going to have full 850 gear from ONLY doing WQ's. It's incredibly rare. Even at ilvl 845 I rarely get anything above 830 from world quests. I do world quest and mythics(only have 2 left this week, did them all last week) and I'm ilvl 845. All my friends are around the same ilvl.

Stop trying to make the game worse because "no one but raider are allowed to get loot or have fun". That killed WoW during WOD.

The world needs to be relevant and worth doing.
    I am not talking about full 850 but partial. That is why i said, that there are some bosses, which might give no reward. I am simply advocating for that raids/mythic+, you know, the hard content, should be rewarding some unique and high tier gear. Right now, you can get very high item lvl by doing the easiest content in the game. You don't have to do mythic dungeons to get 850 gear pieces, you can just do WQs, which require you to get 4 bear asses.

I am not advocating for the everything to be mashed into raids. I am personally a very single-player oritentated player, who enjoy the outworld content just as much as raiding, but if we remove much of the reward from early tier raiding, then we are just setting a high bar for entry when it comes to raiding. I am just worried that by allowing 850 gear drop in WQs, Nightmare normal might become a bad experience, especially if you have to redo it several times.

And yes, the world have to be relevant, i agree, but not superior or equal to some of the hardest content in the game: Raiding.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    They are pushing people hard into Mythics, and giving good WQ loot is a way to nudge them toward them in addition to the RNG upgrade system.
    Mythics aren't even remotely hard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Crafted gear already does that a lot more than WQ gear...but honestly, who really cares? Sometimes gear is an upgrade and sometimes it isn't...And if you are consistently feeling unrewarded from gear drops because they are not an upgrade you are in the wrong difficulty.
    Yes, but that gear is limited to very high prices, and again, luck. The people who care, are the people who stopped raiding during BRF launch, because they did not have the skill yet to do heroic, but the gear in normal made them feel like they wasted their raiding nights. I experienced this in that period, my team lost people because the team did not have the skill to advance directly to heroic, but people felt like shit when they downed a boss after 15 wipes, only to find that we had to DE all the gear from the boss. That is a shitty experience and that is what the current Titanforge system might give.

Sometimes people need to take down normal difficulty bosses before they have a chance with the heroic bosses, even though their gear lvl is high enough to do it. If you have ever raided with a low-mid tier raiding guild, you would know that jumping into heroic on launch, often just leads to nights of endless wiping with little progress.... And that is how you lose a guild.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Why do people want gear if they aren't going to raid? Just to have it?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaede View Post
    a) a lot of people in here are acting like normal mode raiding is actually hard
    b) they already told you before you aren't raiding for ilvl, you're raiding for set bonuses
    c) who cares what gear other people are getting or not? I promise you no one you pass in dalaran is going to care what gear you have
    A) From your point of view. I know many people who use months on clearing normal raiding content.
    B) Some people would like to see some kind of reward, when they use dusins of hours in the evenings to play WoW. If you kill 6 bosses on progress and DE 85% of the loot, you are gonna see some very frustrated raiders very soon.
    C).... don't know what this is about.

And yes, the world have to be relevant, i agree, but not superior or equal to some of the hardest content in the game: Raiding.
    They aren't.
    That's why I keep repeating "learn how they work".

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm not talking about "top guilds" or raiders at all. I'm talking about people who have hundreds of thousands on their bank accounts and who aren't going to step into a single raid. They can just buy raid-equivalent gear while all you raiders are putting in that so-called "time and effort" I keep hearing about.
    Normal mode raid-equivalent gear. congratz on that. i still get a shitton of 830 or 835 loot world questsm and never got anything higher than 835 (my char ilvl is 842), but i still do those that could be an improvement (right stats, and 845+ proc + socket would be ok), current ivl 642 with weapon being worst part of gear at 833, because warriors 6 minimum 2 day misson quests.

I dont now how it got nerved, only thing i noticed htat went down was the stupid pvp rewards. Who the fuck wants pvp gear if it has no meaning in this game anymore?.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    we get it you aren't good enough to do mythic raids no need to hate people who are though.
    Glad you get it, let's hope next expansion you'll get a guild that's in top 20 too.

Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    btw mythic titan forged is higher and mythic nighthold drops 905.
    btw you'll have the ilvl limit, so no.
    l2p.

7+ Year Old Account
    They aren't.
    That's why I keep repeating "learn how they work".
    I am getting 840+ items guaranteed from doing rare dungeon WQs. I have gotten a 850 chest and several 845 items from WQ. We are dangerously close to rewards, who are on par with raiding.
    Last edited by Flurryfang; 2016-09-08 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandork View Post
    As of this last hotfix, the ilvl of World Quests is 825, instead of 830. Fun times~~

But to be fair, it is(was) stupidly easy to gear up via world quests right now. It's 5min of time for one guaranteed item, and you get at least one every day.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good IMO, world quests making dungeons irrelevant was a bit silly.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I did a quest in Stormheim yesterday as gear ilvl 827 for bracers marked 825+. Quest lasted roughly 3 min as subtlety rogue got warforged bracers 850.

You may think that makes dungeons irrelevant but I think this makes WQs very relevant throughout the expansion as people will always run to get a chance to roll an extraordinarily high ilvl item through quest.
    World quests (previously called daily quests) were relevant throughout previous expansions too as instead of gear they gave currency that could be used to buy current raid tier level gear or they gave rep that let you buy it for gold, etc.

The only changes with world quests is you don't need to pick them up or turn them in (which is good) but the downside is the rewards are RNG so you can't exactly work towards something specific.

But you are just being rewarded, you are being rewarded with some of the best gear in the game. Since you can get 850 gear from WQs, and since there is more then 10 days to raid opening, it is not hard to imagine, that some guilds might experience bosses in normal mode Nightmare, which drops gear which is completly useless. Sure trinkets are very good, but being able to get 850 gear from a trivial task such as WQs might make raiding un-rewarding. We had this same problem in WoD with the launch of BRF. BRF normal dropped worse gear then Highmaul heroic, so many guilds, who did not have the skill to jump directly into heroic BRF, went many weeks with nearly no rewards in BRF normal. This might happend again now. If people have to many pieces of 850 gear pieces, when they jump into Nightmare normal, they might experience some weeks with little to no reward. That stuff can be painful for many guilds, since they feel like their hard work in progressing through normal does not deliver back in reward.

I am all in for having WQs be rewarding, i really like it, but having it be able to drop gear which match raiding/ mythic+ gear is just gonna bring some unrewarding experiences.
    So trinkets and tier sets aren't upgrades? Since when? Maybe also it is set up this way to make normal easier since most players will be truely trying out thier class and thier class changes for the first time. Otherwise why do world quests if they don't reward much or anything? Why is raiding the only way some want to gear? Maybe some players don't raid or might not have time schedule wise for raiding at first and thus can keep thier toons raid ready this way. Did you think of any of that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I did a quest in Stormheim yesterday as gear ilvl 827 for bracers marked 825+. Quest lasted roughly 3 min as subtlety rogue got warforged bracers 850.

You may think that makes dungeons irrelevant but I think this makes WQs very relevant throughout the expansion as people will always run to get a chance to roll an extraordinarily high ilvl item through quest.

Im not saying it should happen all the time but keeping the chance there is good for the game. Pleasant surprises are good.
    Exactly this^^^^. Now thier is a reason to do more than raid or die and guess what? This gets people out in the world what is wrong with that?

I had a quest last night for an 835 (baseline) relic. So this is false.

I think World Quests are the best possible iteration of the daily system that can exist. You choose the rewards you want, you choose the content you want, you choose the pace you want and you don't feel like you're missing out if you didn't do it all thanks to the lion's share of rep coming from Emissary quests. You can revisit your favorite old quests or do entirely new content (all the pet battles are brand new content, for example).

Best of all, the rewards will never not be useful at the current content level. Getting nothing but order hall resources? Use them to upgrade your class set to 840. Getting nothing but gear rewards? One of them will probably titanforge. Getting nothing but AP? Grats, you're ahead on the endgame grind by a large margin.

WQs aren't supposed to replace dungeons, they're supposed to supplement them for gear.
    Last edited by Farabee; 2016-09-08 at 04:44 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm not talking about "top guilds" or raiders at all. I'm talking about people who have hundreds of thousands on their bank accounts and who aren't going to step into a single raid. They can just buy raid-equivalent gear while all you raiders are putting in that so-called "time and effort" I keep hearing about.
    I mean, that is what gold is for. Your apparent issue with it is pretty mind blowing, since you have no legs to stand on. 850 gear isn't good and will be replaced the first week of heroic raiding, and forgotten by the first week of mythic raiding
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Lens Hunter View Post
    Why do people want gear if they aren't going to raid? Just to have it?
    PVP, world quests, heroic dungeons, mythic dungeons, artifact power grind, generally powering up a character, etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Good change. Stupidly easy world quests should not reward Mythic dungeon tier loot. More skill and teamwork involved = Better loot. Else there would be no point in having any kind of skill in this game.
    Except there wasn't *ANY* change. The world quests aren't guaranteed to always be an upgrade. I just received an 840 one for a cloak last night.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222