Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    And them have him immediately get killed by her or us? Hardlyhow that does anything good for his character. He no longer has the powers of the lichking, or even Frostmourne.
    With Legion around they could empower him though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sperrow View Post
    3) Bolvar - (madness does wonders to you) it is not known if some of Arthas echoes do not live inside the helm, much like Ner'Zhul did before Arthas kicked him out and everyone knows that Bolvar is not as strong willed as Arthas was(allegedly, he was at weakened state when he took the helm)
    ...WRONG.

LK Arthas broke Saurfang the Younger and turned him into a Death Knight. He couldn't break Bolvar, who as it turns out hadn't actually died at the Wrath Gate. Bolvar insisted on taking the Helm of Domination instead of Tirion because of what Alextrasza's fire did to his body. Plus, everyone thought he was dead up to that point anyways.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubelectric View Post
    With Legion around they could empower him though.
    The power our characters at now is hysterical, if we beat up Archimonde, we would beat up a risen Arthas.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

To me, the whole attack on LHC was just a test. Or at least that's what I got out of it.

It was a test by Bolvar to see how far Darion Mograine would go to sacrifice for the Ebon Blade. Basically, the Fourth Horseman was always going to be Darion, so it was in essence a suicide mission. Which means little to DKs seeing as how we're already dead.

It was pretty awesome to whoop ass on Liadrin though. As a former paladin rerolled to DK as part of my own character's head-canon RP, kind of felt like I was destroying the last vestiges of who I used to be.

Deleted
    It's worth noting that at the end of the LHc event, when we return to Acherus and the LK command us to ressurect Darion, the quest pop up says "Will of the Lich King revealed". This might imply that Bolvar initial plan was to have Darion be the fourth horsemen from the beginning. Also, when Darion rises, he says something like that everything is clear now and that this was his destiny from the start.
    Everything point to Bolvar indeed planning the attack on LHC just as a cruel test for Darion and, possibly, the pc.

Now all that's left to see is if we, the pc, and the newly raised horsemen are under the LK sway or not, and if he wanted the Ebon Blade to go full phariah mode as a part of his plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I think that was the Legion's intent intent, yes. When Arthas donned the Helm of Domination, he gained all of the knowledge and experiences of his predecessor Ner'zul and since he was a DK, the learning curve was shorter compared to Bolvar. Becoming LK simply made him exponentially more powerful than he already was. At the very least it would explain why Kil'Jaedeen bound Ner'zul's soul to armor, stuffed it in a block of ice and dropped it on The Frozen Throne. The intent was for someone to one day wear it. The someone chosen, as we know was Arthas Menethil.

Could it be that each Lich King chooses their own successor? If so, who will one day succeed Bolvar?
    Yeah, it would come as no surprise if Blizzard said that the LK is an entity of his own by now.

There are two paths open now; one in which the LK joins the fray and fights the BL and the second one, in which we learn that this was a roose all along and that by killing Arthas we actually allowed the HoD to finally assume a personality of its own.

Deleted
    If i had to guess, they are deliberately keeping it vague, to gague the reception to artifact weapons, in preparation for planning the systems for the next expansion. If the artifact system is popular, they might bring it forward to the next expansion in the form of "artifact armor", and for DK's the helm of domination would be a pretty iconic and fitting item to give us.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    ...WRONG.

LK Arthas broke Saurfang the Younger and turned him into a Death Knight. He couldn't break Bolvar, who as it turns out hadn't actually died at the Wrath Gate. Bolvar insisted on taking the Helm of Domination instead of Tirion because of what Alextrasza's fire did to his body. Plus, everyone thought he was dead up to that point anyways.
    By weakened I meant that Bolvar almost died at Wrath Gate but was saved by Alexstrasza, thus the red fiery marks all over his body (which could mean he was weakened or not, at least in body regard, I don't remember if there was explanation for this) and then he was tortured but not broken by Arthas.

This would leave him in a weakened state after all the torture and dragon flame (?), thus when he wore Helm Of Dominion and if there was anything else inside the helm, he would be susceptible to slight mind/spirit control, much like the subtle old god influence over ones mind. This could potentially drive him mad eventually.

To me, the whole attack on LHC was just a test. Or at least that's what I got out of it.

It was a test by Bolvar to see how far Darion Mograine would go to sacrifice for the Ebon Blade. Basically, the Fourth Horseman was always going to be Darion, so it was in essence a suicide mission. Which means little to DKs seeing as how we're already dead.

It was pretty awesome to whoop ass on Liadrin though. As a former paladin rerolled to DK as part of my own character's head-canon RP, kind of felt like I was destroying the last vestiges of who I used to be.
    I agree on this actually, this makes sense and easily explains why he would risk sending DKs there. Not only it explains why Darion is suitable as forth horseman, but also shows if we got what it takes, to sacrifice everything to get the job done.

10+ Year Old Account
    will there be any sort of follow up this? because while it may have been a test of darion, the paladins will hardly accept that as paladins died, ad we were in fact willing to desecrate their recently dead champion

7+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion its really was test for Darion, Deathlord and Ebon Blade. How far they ready to go to save Azeroth. But also Bolvar could make it to make DKs more pariah among Azeroth and make EB + Lich King union more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlepwny View Post
    Are we even certain Class Halls are "canon" or does each class have their own universe in which they are the heroes. For example, I don't think that the paladin class hall had to deal with a Death Knight invasion (correct me if I am wrong).

It will be interesting to see how Blizzard handles this in the next book; my assumption is that class halls will just get ignored with some elements being taken from every class' storyline.

Back to the topic at hand, I was fine with death knights doing shady staff but I think Blizzard went too far with the betrayal of the Silver Hand.
    A group of random heroes did this, could be you could not. You effectively dont exist. Your a faceless, nameless killer.

Deleted
    I'm curious where this campaign will take us come 7.1 and beyond. I also wonder who the fifth horseman will be. We gathered reagents and materials for 5 steeds during our travels, after all. Yet, when you use the DK class perk to summon a charger of the ebon blade, it distinctly gives you buffs such as 'Whitemane's deathcharger' and 'Nazgrim's deathcharger' - no word of a fifth horse being the one that the player rides there.

It's going to be a tough sell to not have DK's completely outcast from the horde/alliance when the attack on light's hope is revealed...

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    And them have him immediately get killed by her or us? Hardlyhow that does anything good for his character. He no longer has the powers of the lichking, or even Frostmourne.
    Never understimate the power of the dark magic in warcraft, just look at the valajar swords with enchants of heyla is a very powerful weapon that is more powerful than frostmoure.

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    Never understimate the power of the dark magic in warcraft, just look at the valajar swords with enchants of heyla is a very powerful weapon that is more powerful than frostmoure.
    More powerful than Frostmourne? There's no damn way. You gotta give it to Frostmourne Because Arthas was able to kill a forgotten one (which may have been an old God) with it.

The Swords are plenty powerful but a titanic keeper's enchantment and a fallen keeper's enchantment vs the sword specifically designed by the legion to destroy Kingdoms and worlds?

For all we know, Apocolypse is stronger than Frostmourne because it's the same concept with the blade, it's just been infused with the power of every person to have wielded it.

Quote Originally Posted by thesentinelblue View Post
    More powerful than Frostmourne? There's no damn way. You gotta give it to Frostmourne Because Arthas was able to kill a forgotten one (which may have been an old God) with it.

The Swords are plenty powerful but a titanic keeper's enchantment and a fallen keeper's enchantment vs the sword specifically designed by the legion to destroy Kingdoms and worlds?

For all we know, Apocolypse is stronger than Frostmourne because it's the same concept with the blade, it's just been infused with the power of every person to have wielded it.
    Apocalypse was a better version of frostmoure is capable of steal demon souls like the maw and uthaliesh scyte from warlocks, also the forgotten one was not even a old god was more an liutenant or another tentacle of yogg saron there are only 4 old gods, frostmoure is only useful with living things or humanoids to be more specifical since he cant use the souls of elements, titanic constructions, etc in fact arthas and illidan are the more weakest oponent we ever face, archimonde, deathwing or the aspect with full power they could erase arthas without any problem

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see the player character going down a similar path that Arthas did. The OP's points kind of prove that in my opinion...

Death Knights/Ebon Blade as they are now are not truly good nor evil. More so inbetween. They will fight for a good cause, but are not hesitant to do horrible things to achieve their goals.