Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

At what item level/artifact level until you start "chilling" before the 20th raids?

started late, so ill be hitting 840 when i unlock my 3rd artifact slot after this 71% firelands mission.

Due to relying on warforged luck, item drop luck and the actual item slot dropping is really awful, I'm thinking at 845 it already gets pretty slim to see any real upgrades.

Though I am probably gonna try to get my 2nd dragon upgrade if thats even possible before the 20th. I'm just shooting for world 500th level so its not really all that uptight.

Mines around 875, it's easy to hit 860+ when you have the 3rd slot. And considering raids are 850+, I imagine i'm ok for now.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Quote Originally Posted by Rueckenmarkschwund View Post
    I'm at a point where I'm just saving up artifact power items because it jumped from 1000 AP to requiring 6800 AP. Even if I used all the items now, I would only get 2700, so what's the point? Might as well save them up.
    No point saving them up and taking up bag space. They won't update dynamically when your research finishes. Just use them for your MS or OS and move it closer to your next use.

I can still decide what spec to use them on if I save them up. So no point in using them now.
    Gotcha, I made the assumption you had chosen a spec to use already if you were up to amount already.

10+ Year Old Account
    840ilvl (858MS weapon, 862OS weapon) and I already feel like i'm chilling. Just run mythics, run WQ for cache, chance at gear, and the big AP items.

EDIT: Just noticed that armory is finally starting to update
    Last edited by WskyDK; 2016-09-07 at 09:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    840ilvl (858MS weapon, 862OS weapon) and I already feel like i'm chilling. Just run mythics, run WQ for cache, chance at gear, and the big AP items.
    Exactly what I do everyday. I make sure to do at least 1 heroic and any WQ's that award AP that are close to expiring.

I'm at a point where I'm just saving up artifact power items because it jumped from 1000 AP to requiring 6800 AP. Even if I used all the items now, I would only get 2700, so what's the point? Might as well save them up.
    The point is that artefact knwoledge doesn't affect items in your bags if you looted them before you get the knowledge. So just consume them now

I'm at 834 without regulars to run mythics with, since most of my friends didn't return for Legion. That said, since I play the game pretty much solo other than the guildies who hop on from time to time, I'm more than content with 834 for now since it'll get me into all LFRs before 7.1.

Deleted
    Currently rocking 841, without 3rd relic slot. Waiting on that sweet sweet Insignia of Ravenholdt to drop (i'm a rogue.) and then I can probably slow down the grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    Mines around 875, it's easy to hit 860+ when you have the 3rd slot. And considering raids are 850+, I imagine i'm ok for now.
    Surprised no ones called this guy out on his BS yet :P

Doing as many traits for highest health possible personally.
    @camicio
    I have 875 MS artifact and 868 OS.

Maybe slight exaggeration from Droodid. 850 every slot and 875+ artifact shouldn't be 860+ =p

Edit: around 855 should be cap without legendary atm
    Last edited by Retributive; 2016-09-08 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    Surprised no ones called this guy out on his BS yet :P
    I think he's just talking about his artifact. I'm at 866 with two 840 relics and a 825. So it is easy.

I'm currently pushing hard for my 2nd golden trait with two points left before I get it, but with the current trait now up to 24k ap it's a hard grind. Once I get it i'll quit doing heroics and every single artifact wq.

Wont chill till after raids open, grind WQ's and Heroic spam after weekly clear of Mythics for shot at more loot as well as more ArtPow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    I think he's just talking about his artifact. I'm at 866 with two 840 relics and a 825. So it is easy.

I'm currently pushing hard for my 2nd golden trait with two points left before I get it, but with the current trait now up to 24k ap it's a hard grind. Once I get it i'll quit doing heroics and every single artifact wq.
    Ahh that makes much more sense! Mines around the 868 mark too.

Deleted
    Once the raids open the itemlevel cap on warforged goes up right? and the world quests base ilvl cap etc, crafted itemlevel cap (obliteriums) etc.?

Right now the cap seems to be 850. First raid has 850+ on N, 865+ on H and 880+ on M.
    It would suck to crafted items being limited to just normal-mode raid

Even without hardcore grinding right now, it will be fairly easy to get 845 average equipped before the raids. You're also pretty much guaranteed 2 golden traits if you don't slack too much. As a side note - one of our tanks got artifact level 20 yesterday. Not sure about other specs, but for blood dks that's 4 traits beyond second golden.

Unless I get full 850, I will clear all mythics (if I have the time) for this lockout and the next two.

Since I raid on weekends I have an extra half week to clear mythics the same week the raid opens.

Regarding the artifact, it has reached a point it takes ages to level up , so I'll just try to get to level 20.
    Last edited by ReVnX; 2016-09-08 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    It would suck to crafted items being limited to just normal-mode raid
    Then i'm sorry for you, cause the crafted items will still be limited to 850.

Right now my Itemlevel is about 840, it's pretty easy to get that high. I will still try to do all mythics each week and get as much artifact power as possible.

no chilling at all - planing to hit mythic + hard on week 1 of it being released so every tiny AP counts . first "chill period" will come when i unlock 34th trait.

I read several RLs saying they expected 850 for spots on the team, so that's what I'm shooting for. I'm also a lore geek who likes to slow down and explore, so I am 838 despite playing lots. Still, I expect and plan to be 850 by Sept 20. If it gets down to the wire, I'll blow some savings on crafted upgrades; just waiting till I know which slots to buy.

- - - Updated - - -

Where is everyone on gold traits and artifact power-up? I have 2nd gold and half-way to first point after. Finished my Order Hall campaign and unlocked 3 relic yesterday. My relics are still meh (830/805/825) and upgrading those will go a long ways toward getting me to 850.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"