Deleted

Need help for PvP (Havoc Tips & Tricks request)

I am clueless about the class so far. It's lacking utility and self heals. Basically in Battlegrounds all i do is get in a skirmish, lose 70% of my life and then i die right on the next battle.
    I'm so desperate that i chose the talents Nemesis and Chaos Blades to have +40% damage on someone.

I don't understand the mechanics i need to master to be a good demon hunter compared to others.
    I'm definitely missing something. Please teach me the ways of the demon hunter.

At least the bread and butter opener/burst or something that this class have that i am completely unaware about.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-09-07 at 11:51 PM.

I'm useful every 4 mins and have no idea wtf to do while waiting for Metamorphosis cooldown. I just go in deal some damage, go out and throw glaives at low hp targets. I had really high hopes but so far my experience is "stunned, rooted, you cant do that yet, stunned, frozen, you cant do that yet".

If you plaid Over Watch Genji, he used to flank enemies dash in, do dmg cause chaos and retreat just as fast. personally i found this very same game play suiting DH in BGs especially. Hence you usually either chase down and pick off already retreating enemies with half hp, or before fight starts you need to let the "big boys" classes who can take a hit to go in first like tanks/Ret Pallies for example, then you dash in, do some burst then dash out if some1 focuses you, then dash back in, if you use ur mobility as a defensive tool, for most melee players it will be hard/annoying to chase you around, also use ur D-CDs wisely, and do NOT sit in a stun vs Rets, cuz good Rets will kill you within that stun.

When your meta is up, just jump in and go ham, also lvl 1st aid, get mage food so that between engagements you can always heal up, and use the rejuvenation located on maps as often as possible. Honestly in casual BGs DH should not die even once, unless some decent rogue gets annoyed with you and will want to kill you, then there is nothing you can do :P

Basically use ur mobility as defensive as well as offensive tool

Deleted
    This is what a learned so far on videos and self experience.

Bread and Butter starter:

Blur > Demon's Bite and Felblade until you have 100 fury > Nemesis & Chaos Blades macro > Chaos Nova > Metamorphosis Stun (if they trinket chaos nova)

Eye Beam > Fury of the Illidari > Demon's Bite > Blade Dance

If you pick the talent that Chaos Nova costs no fury you don't need an extra Demon's Bite before Blade Dance

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    I am clueless about the class so far. It's lacking utility and self heals. Basically in Battlegrounds all i do is get in a skirmish, lose 70% of my life and then i die right on the next battle.
    I'm so desperate that i chose the talents Nemesis and Chaos Blades to have +40% damage on someone.

I don't understand the mechanics i need to master to be a good demon hunter compared to others.
    I'm definitely missing something. Please teach me the ways of the demon hunter.

At least the bread and butter opener/burst or something that this class have that i am completely unaware about.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent-calc/d...ter/havoc/M_Nz
    Versus melee:
    dash through them->throw glaive->throw glaive->dash through them->if they used burst, kite with throw glaive and mobility, else go in, use stun+artifact ability+fel barrage+3 chaos strikes.

Versus ranged:
    dash to them, good if you hit them->throw glaive->throw glaive->dash->go for chaos strikes. If you are in roots, then you can meld incoming casts, use Throw glaive and fel barrage, then jump on them with meta and go bananas.

Use blur when you are in aoe fight, where you can be targeted by several people, veng. retreat and aoe people with throw glaive. Save trinket for 4-5 secons stuns. Meld before escaping in massfight scenario to reduce number of people targeting you.

When you see lowhp targets, use felrush->throw glaive->chaos strike to get a kill, because you get a soul and restore 25% hp. If you manage to kill several people in a row you will save a lot of health.
    Last edited by Anufis; 2016-09-08 at 10:14 AM.

Deleted
    WoW thanks @Anufis

That's a different playstyle i have never seen before.

Demon Hunters in PvP are ALL about damage. You need to properly line up cds in order to successfully burst your target down and then get out as soon as possible. You cannot sustain a fight with pretty much any melee class and even some casters can easily kite and damage you substantially so that even if you do manage to drop them you follow their destiny pretty soon.

In non rated BGs the randomeness of the playerbase and lack of proper coordination really hurts the class. You are pretty much on your own. This means that you have to use your mobility to your advantage: do not start a fight. Go back up fights that are already in progress. Dash in, throw your damage and help someone to kill their targets, then go on to the next. If you are focused, run away. Throw a talented glaive on them, make them lose time chasing you. Demon Hunters can be extremely annoying, people want to really kill us for some reason. Use that to your advantage: 1 or 2 players that waste 30 seconds chasing a target they'll never get are effectively not contributing to their team's victory, even if they do manage to get you and drop you in the end.

Once you learn to avoid unnecessary fights and to properly identify where and when to strike, you'll start murdering stuff with incredible effectiveness. Takes a little practice though

Deleted
    Thanks @Black Demon i learned a lot from both of you.

Basically in Battlegrounds i need to NEVER engage a fight. Stay back throwing glaives and calculate when to go in.
    Desingage when in trouble.

Got it, i'm having much more fun in Battlegrounds now
    I'm not used to this playstyle because i have been a rogue all my life lol. I always had stealth to save me.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-09-08 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangerine View Post
    I'm useful every 4 mins and have no idea wtf to do while waiting for Metamorphosis cooldown. I just go in deal some damage, go out and throw glaives at low hp targets. I had really high hopes but so far my experience is "stunned, rooted, you cant do that yet, stunned, frozen, you cant do that yet".
    If that is the case, take Demonic over chaos blades. 5 seconds in demon form every eye beam makes for some decent healing/burst.

Deleted
    Learned a lot from the people in this thread. I am having tons of fun now in Bg's just throwing glaives and waiting for the right moment to come in.
    I am always on the top 5 in kiling blows on Bg's and with decent damage done.

The spam of Annihilation (chaos strike in demon form) plus a Fury of the Illidari is literally impossible to survive.
    Even more impossible if you have Nemesis and Chaos Blades macro active.

Stack 100 fury > chaos nova > eye beam is the bread and butter of demon hunter.

I can't wait to have all talents and traits. Reverse Magic (dispels and sends all your debuffs to the caster) seems overpower VS mages (frost nova) and affliction warlocks (all the dots).
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2016-09-09 at 10:10 PM.