Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How far are you taking alts in the class campaign?

So I am curious how everyone else is playing their alts?

If you only have 1 "main" character this thread really doesn't apply to you, I completely understand how some people are only playing one character.
    I also understand that Legion is not exactly "alt friendly".

This question really only applies if you have multiple chars past 101 already.

I'm torn with how far I want to take each one into the class campaign/order hall/artifact progression.

I have 9 level 100+ chars, of those I have one past 103, 3 past 102, and 4 others past 101.

I have been running order hall missions on them all using the new mobile app.

Back in Warlords I made garrisons for all of them simply for the gold income, but I'm really not seeing that this time around?

Is there a reason you would take each character all the way through the class campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by middling View Post

If you only have 1 "main" character this thread really doesn't apply to you, I completely understand how some people are only playing one character.
    I also understand that Legion is not exactly "alt friendly".

This question really only applies if you have multiple chars past 101 already.

I'm torn with how far I want to take each one into the class campaign/order hall/artifact progression.

I have 9 level 100+ chars, of those I have one past 103, 3 past 102, and 4 others past 101.

I have been running order hall missions on them all using the new mobile app.

Back in Warlords I made garrisons for all of them simply for the gold income, but I'm really not seeing that this time around?

Is there a reason you would take each character all the way through the class campaign?
    Are you interested in actually playing with them? Because if so, a part of your class campaign goes towards unlocking the 3rd relic slot, which is a big deal.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    i play/level my alts primary for all professions - and as i have always all classes on max-level in prior addons, i will go for the feat of strength:
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=1...ndary-campaign
    (completing the campaign on 5 classes will bring an achievement - all classes is this fos)

but not further... the most alts will not have access to all artefacts or any story-based questlines - just the needed quests for the campaign

I am not playing any alternate characters in Legion - just too much to do on my main character and trying to keep alternates up-to-date is a massive undertaking, one I do not have time for with work and classes.

I'll play only one character for the same reasons as previous poster

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Are you interested in actually playing with them? Because if so, a part of your class campaign goes towards unlocking the 3rd relic slot, which is a big deal.
    No, I don't plan on playing them at max level other than for professions, like many people I only have them so I can have one of each profession, so I really don't care about artifacts or order halls etc.

However I will be running the profession world quests with them and having some artifact power and gear will likely help that. Hence the decision.

In WoD I could just plop each of them in the garrison and do profession stuff if I wanted.

Deleted
    Not leveling alts at all. I'd love to but I'm not putting up with the autistic class hall bullshit(mission table) on another character.
    Last edited by mmoc12de78fbb7; 2016-09-08 at 01:14 PM.

No, I don't plan on playing them at max level other than for professions, like many people I only have them so I can have one of each profession, so I really don't care about artifacts or order halls etc.

However I will be running the profession world quests with them and having some artifact power and gear will likely help that. Hence the decision.

In WoD I could just plop each of them in the garrison and do profession stuff if I wanted.
    Then there's no point really. The profession world quests for the most part don't involve killing stuff to begin with.

Like previous expansions, I am still an altaholic. I have been doing the quests for all my alts to get the artifact weapons. On my warrior and demon hunter, I got the artifact weapons for all specifications (warrior all three). I have been tanking dungeons on my demon hunter and warrior. I only have them at level 102.

i dont play alts at all and dont plan to do any anytime soon - you just start to see threads "im constantly declined to nay groups" popuing up - in 3 weeks forums will be flooded with "why nobody wants me in mythic + / hc raids"

decided its not worth the hassle especially that with time blizzard will make skip content mechanics like always before so leaving alts for last tier of expansion

normaly i would level alts for proffesions sake but with current model i just cba - collected neough gold in wod to last me for next 3 expansions so i just dont give a single f... about alts :P

I'm currently maining on my resto druid but I have always had alts, but primarily after the first raid tier. Considering how much there is to do, I may only level up an alt or two through the first zone (including artifact and portion of class hall). I am curious to experience a flavor of each classes' order halls, but will most likely focus on paladin and mage in addition to my druid.

Gonna level all of my "main 12" to 110 and max their professions, but beyond that? I'll not be gearing them and unlocking their artifacts to full until there are some SERIOUS catch-up mechanics in place.

I won't have 33 max levels this expansion, that's for sure. And I consider that to be a good thing!

I'm not leveling any of my alts to 110, at least not during Legion. Altough, it worries me, since it makes you wonder how "behind" your characters will be "ingame" and "lorewise" after Legion ?

How will you keep up to the story with your alts ? I dont think it will be possible. Thats a problem we already had in WOD, depending on your garrison level to reach Tanaan Jungle.
    "You were surrendering? Why? Because these invaders can break down a wall? You have got another wall... and it's made up of the people who call this place HOME. Any one of us would lay down our life to protect this land. This land, it belongs to us... It belongs to our ancestors... It belongs to our children. And we are not about to let that change."

10+ Year Old Account
    All the way. The class specific stuff is what's broken up the repetitive part that goes into levelling through the same few zones. It's also been the best stuff imho.

Already have a Mage and Warlock at 110, will be levelling a SPriest next, then probably DK; but not for a while yet, need to get on top of what I have.

Also the small matter of the relic slots

Sometime this week i'll actually start to level my #1 alt (for this expansion, at least) but overall, this expansion will probably be the first time I actually have a long standing main.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    It depends on whether or not I like their armor set and class title.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    i have every class on lvl 100 but only my main (mage) on 110 right now.

i will lvl them all slooowly for the lore and class campaign. and some pvp.

the "workload" is probably rather doable as long as you don't do raiding. i play more than in i have in years and i can't see myself having the time for two "serious" chars.

so while it is much more interesting to play twinks in legion it is much harder to bring them on a comparable lvl of your main. good enough for me and my playstyle though ...

10+ Year Old Account
    When I get around to leveling an alt, I'll carry them through the campaign as much as I need to in order to unlock the things I need such as the third relic slot, not sure if I'd go beyond that or just stop there. Right now though I'm having too much fun on my main and haven't really touched any alts yet.

All the way. Balls deep.

I'd probably do it with a DH, a new class (haven't played pre released ) wouldn't hurt.
    Also my main is a DK and it feels incredibly slow. Can't be entirely let down i guess.