Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I planned to be that item level as well, to be ready for the raids. But to get above 830 you must do Mythic Dungeons and to even get 825-830 you might have to do some dungeons as well, combined with world quests.
    No you dont. A guildie got 839 Ilvl without even setting foot in a dungeon. Crafted gear + WQ + lucky with titanforge drops from WQ = High ilvl without dungeons.

Deleted
    843ilvl without a single mythic. get worldquests done :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    No you dont. A guildie got 839 Ilvl without even setting foot in a dungeon. Crafted gear + WQ + lucky with titanforge drops from WQ = High ilvl without dungeons.
    Don't get hooked on the gear part. It was just what got me started in the subject. But the problem is not the time it takes but rather the way you get gear.

Yes, you can get lucky with WQ's etc. But I have no gold for crafting and for most people, dungeons is the way to go. And with Mythic+ they will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by Einst3in View Post
    No. 10chars.
    Agree with this guy.

Only blackrook has a terrible amount of trash, the rest are fine. Vault for example barely has any trash, same with the lair, HoV. Darkheart has a bit too much but not a terrible amount.
    1001 0111 0011 0111 1000 0101

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    Legion has been out for a week and some people are already 850+ ilvl.

I planned to be that item level as well, to be ready for the raids. But to get above 830 you must do Mythic Dungeons and to even get 825-830 you might have to do some dungeons as well, combined with world quests.

The problem is that the dungeons are completly unplayable. They are the worst dungeons this game has ever seen. I know that is a strong statement but I find it to sadly be true.

Why are they bad? Boring bosses? Uninspiring themes? Low droprates for gear?

No. They are great in many ways BUT the problem is simple.

Every single dungeon has way, way, way, way WAY too much trash. So much trash that it makes me despise every single one of them.

Entering a Legion dungeon reminds me of horrible moments in WoW's history. It reminds of Mount Hyjal trash, trash before Ultraxion in DS, trash before Shamans in Siege of Orgrimmar or all the endless trash of Throne of Thunder. All those raids made me want to quit becuase the trash was unbearable.

And now we see the same thing in the dungeons. Every INCH of each dungeon is covered with mobs. It looks like someone at Blizzard had a map of each dungeon and just said like "put some here... some here... maybe some here... hm, why not some here... looks good! oh wait, just to be safe, better put some here and here as well". By the time you reach a boss you never want the fight to end becuase you know more trash awaits after. They put trash where no trash is needed. Not a single area is trash free. I already know that Blizzard never heard of "less is more", just look on the continents Pandaria, Draenor and Broken Isles, which has insanely amount of mobs and basically no areas to get out of combat. BUT since previous dungeons have been so good, it makes no sense that they went so bananas now with the trash. I just want some areas where you can just enjoy the scenery. I miss Azjol Nerub so much, a perfectly balanced boss-to-trash dungeon.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not against having trash in dungeons. But there is a limit between a reasonable amount and when it just get riddicilous. It's hard to put a number of how many % too much trash there is BUT if you remove HALF, it would STILL be WAY to much.

This expansion is great and a lot of people say like "yeah it's a lot of trash but so what" since they enjoy the expansion. But we should remember that these dungeons will remain the ENTIRE expansion and will remain a source of gear. We have to endure these till the next expansion.

The dungeons in Warlords were amazing, probably the best ever, so how could they screw up so much now? I'm fearing for the upcoming Karazhan dungeon. Already, every time I enter a dungeon, I need to clear my schedule for a long time and get ready with water and food IRL to last the never ending hordes of trash.

And NO, I'm not upset because I gear slowly. I'm upset that something that feels both mandatory (to gear, to get achivs etc) and something that SHOULD be fun (I have always liked dungeons) now is a complete nightmare.

Anyone agree with me? Any word from Blizzard? Are they aware of these abominations?
    To sum up the post. Wha, wha I can't pull the whole dungeon at once and be done with it in 5 minutes. I actually have to pull trash with some thought put in and might have to kill most of it instead of avoid it. Imagine that.

Think of it this way: When we're running M+ in a couple of weeks, finding the best strat for moving efficiently through those trash pulls will be every bit as important as learning the boss mechanics. It's all part of the overall game.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

There is really no ore trash than any other dungeons so I'm not sure why this thread is here or even relevant/taken seriously.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trash is a part of a dungeon. It's a trivial part of a raid but it's a big part of the dungeon experience.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Maybe the problem is that we've gotten in the habit of referring to them as trash? So disrespectful! There should be a dungeon mob union where they can lobby for proper respect and to be taken seriously.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    lol?

The ony dungeon with a lot of trash is Rook Hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    As a healer, I've been in quite a few groups where Tanks still have the mentality of pulling multiple mobs. It usually takes a couple of group deaths for the point to get across. Then there's other times it just doesn't, and you'll instead get the groups that think - "It's not us, it's your fault as crappy healer."

Yep unfortunately that is the life of a healer specially when things are new. Had a tank that couldn't keep aggro and I guess didn't know what defensive cooldowns are calling group a bunch of casuals. The tank was so bright didn't even realize the rest of the group was my guild. We waited till last boss and kicked him. Dumbass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    Trash is a part of a dungeon. It's a trivial part of a raid but it's a big part of the dungeon experience.
    People whine they want it more like vanilla and harder and when they do make it that way they whine again. Blizz can never win and why we go from one extreme to another each expansion. Just wait till people start crying we have too much to do now with world quests, profession quests, class hall quests, dungeons, mythic dungeons etc... Blizz will cut it next expansion and we will get another WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    lol?

The ony dungeon with a lot of trash is Rook Hold.
    Wait until you see the Arcway.

Still, OP is talking a load of nonsense, in my opinion. I'm very difficult to please, and while I may not be enjoying all the dungeons equally (Violet Hold is a bit trash), those that are good, are bloody great. Black Rook Hold is a top 5 of all time for me.

There's more trash because the dungeons are larger in scale and are supposed to take longer to finish, in contrast to the ten minute Pandaria runs, for example.

Legion dungeons are the best I've ever done. You should probably stick to Pokemon Go.

You can also skip a lot of the trash. the dungeons are fine.

The problem is a lot of the trash is harder than the bosses on mythic.

I only think one or two different grows overdid it on trash.
    Some zones yoy can skip 75 percent of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Wait until you see the Arcway.

Still, OP is talking a load of nonsense, in my opinion. I'm very difficult to please, and while I may not be enjoying all the dungeons equally (Violet Hold is a bit trash), those that are good, are bloody great. Black Rook Hold is a top 5 of all time for me.
    You can also burn what 5 waves of it with crystals. so its not that bad. The irony is, if the OP was geared and had nothing to do but wait for raids he'd complain there isn't enough content. you can't win with this community and this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeds Dead View Post

I only think one or two different grows overdid it on trash.
    Some zones yoy can skip 75 percent of it.
    scorpion riders in Mythic Neltharion's lair are harder than first two bosses lol
    Last edited by Thelin; 2016-09-08 at 02:08 PM.

Deleted
    AOE content is absolutely boring and unneeded, especially since there are classes that have barely any AOE CAPABILITY at all.
    These dungeons are completely dominated by AOE-heavy melee classes.

You walk in there, the tank piles up tons of mobs, you do at most only one fifth of the damage of any melee class, while at bosses you usually top the damage.
    They probably must wonder whether certain classes are AFKing through most of the AOE content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeds Dead View Post
    Yeah, that's extremely shitty design, just like the trash before Tyrant Velhari. Trash shouldn't be hard at all, that's what bosses are there for.

Trash is part of dungeons. Deal with it