Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Why are people speaking as if they are about to raid in a hardcore 6 days a week top 50 world guild?

Calm down. Don't stand in shit, know the fight mechanics and enjoy the benefits of being a proper ranged class. Be it MM or BM, would a raid leader rather have 5 rogues or 5 hunters? I wouldn't bet on those rogues.

We are versatile, our dmg is good and while there is RNG, it doesn't stop you from executing your standard rotation. So what if you don't get a marked shot proc, your aimed shots still do damage, your Barrage is on a nice cooldown. RNG doesn't affect us to the extent it affects Outlaw Rogues.

I don't think there's a better ranged than Hunter at the moment, including mage.

So, to answer your question, I feel absolutely amazing going into raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    You are capable of reading and understanding basic sentences yes? Because it does not look to be the case.
    Ok, I see what you're saying, but my point still stands. That you can burst a boss in a heroic in half a minute with an overgeared group isn't really relevant when talking about single target DPS for raid encounters. In my example I'm comparing the damage based on sims and my experiences running Mythics at 810 gear level, where the fights last a lot longer than 30 seconds.
    Last edited by Aldare; 2016-09-08 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Based on sims MM was below all 3 warlock specs in HFC (and their considerable QQ about things in HFC pale in comparison to their QQ about things right now) and was only ever middle of the pack then.

Hunters doing well in HFC always meant one of two things, either sims are meaningless or an awful lot of other classes are horrendous at actually playing their class.

I think Hunters will be fine in raids. Rarely the glamorous jobs, but the water carrying always needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlo View Post
    I don't think there's a better ranged than Hunter at the moment, including mage.

So, to answer your question, I feel absolutely amazing going into raids.
    MM is literally the worst single target dps spec in the game. At best it's tied with bottom 4 specs, making it 30% behind top single target dps specs. MM has average unreliable cleave and worst yet if you use sidewinder procs for on demand cleave it gimps single target further. It's a horrible design with long CD's and terrible mobility . So how is this the best ranged or even remotely comparable to mage? BM is also pretty horrible for raiding but at least you get some mobility. Reminds me of MoP release where top guilds sat all their hunters on progression.
    Last edited by zoned; 2016-09-08 at 04:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    MM is literally the worst single target dps spec in the game. At best it's tied with bottom 4 specs, making it 30% behind top single target dps specs. MM has average unreliable cleave and worst yet if you use sidewinder procs for on demand cleave it gimps single target further. It's a horrible design with long CD's and terrible mobility . So how is this the best ranged or even remotely comparable to mage? BM is also pretty horrible for raiding but at least you get some mobility. Reminds me of MoP release where top guilds sat all their hunters on progression.
    Have you raided the new raid on beta or something? How do you know this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldare View Post
    That's simply not true. If gear is equal and unless the Rogue is unlucky, he will win every time, assuming there isn't some sort of mechanic that makes him lose DPS. Just compare the sims for the 2 specs and you will see that Outlaw is ~100K DPS ahead in pre-raid gear on single target.
    Lots of those sims are utter garbage atm. Plus, there is no way in hell that, if Outlaw Rogues really are 100k dps ahead, Blizzard won't nerf them. Hard.

Deleted
    After having played Outlaw for some time, even though it was on 100, just the RNG of the spec can make or break your attempt.

There are times you have to literally reroll your buffs multiple times in a row if unlucky. Situations like these aren't uncommon at all.

You're never gonna get consistent results with Outlaw. One time you'll be a god above every other dps and the other you'll be rock bottom rerolling your RtB. The spec doesn't have a safety net, it's also melee and affected by all their limitations and hardships.

Putting any rogue above the ranged hunter specs is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by zoned View Post
    If this is how you feel about the current state of Hunters, you should probably re-roll now to save yourself mental anguish and pain.

Hunters are in an excellent place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldare View Post
    That's simply not true. If gear is equal and unless the Rogue is unlucky, he will win every time, assuming there isn't some sort of mechanic that makes him lose DPS. Just compare the sims for the 2 specs and you will see that Outlaw is ~100K DPS ahead in pre-raid gear on single target.
    Hessus... stop with this sims, it isnt only about sims, there is mechanics that will make me stop to dps for X seconds and even more of this mechanics for melees. Check HFC sims, hunters was pretty far away from top 5, but guess what, ppl always took them. Range dpsers have and always will have better control of the fight (mechanics, adds, etc), specially with all this new pets around.
    1st dps rule: dead dps = no dps.