Thread: Need Killing

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Need Killing

I think the most annoying part of playing support is the "need healing" voice command. It is pretty redundant imo as you already see their critical icon. Like anyone is just ignoring the health bars and waiting to be asked.

Where is the "protect your healer" or "stfu and kill shit" or "you heal and I will kill" option. I really like playing Lucio and Zenyatta, but they are only as good as the people playing damage classes. Nothing more irritating than getting stomped and having folks folks spam that shit. You need heals that bad switch to support or play someone that can heal themselves.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    It makes sense to have, because sometimes they're outside of your FoV, and you need to turn to look at them.
    That said, if people keep spamming it, I'll just stop healing them.

10+ Year Old Account
    My pet peeve is people spamming "Need Armor" when I play Torb and the gates haven't even opened OR the team hasn't killed anyone to actually get armor packs to drop.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    My pet peeve is people spamming "Need Armor" when I play Torb and the gates haven't even opened OR the team hasn't killed anyone to actually get armor packs to drop.
    They're spamming they need healing. I do that sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, the only time I even use that is;
    1> I'm a tank, trying to hold the line, and not getting any heals while doing so; even if the healer's dead/running back, I need to let them know I'm at risk, or
    2> I'm anyone else and I'm at like 2 health and the healer is RIGHT THERE mindless healing the 100% Reinhardt whose shield is up and nobody's shooting at him even.

Under pretty much any other circumstances, I'll try and be in a position where I can be targeted for healing, and if I'm not, that's my choice. Also, health packs are a thing.

There is also the fact many dps just over extend to get that one kill and find themselves alone and in the middle of the enemy... Still, while the see through walls indicators are nice, i kinda miss the arrow pointers in TF2 that tells you where the guy calling medic is or when a team mate is under a set percentage of health you chose in the option menu instead of spinning around looking for the injured guy. <.<
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

The occasional one doesn't bug me much. Sometimes I may miss somebody if I'm playing Ana, for example, and it can be helpful. Spamming it though, is irritating.

The time it bothers me though is for folks that are well away from the rest of the team and nowhere near the objective. No. No I am not going to leave the rest of the time to heal you.

Of course if I'm playing Lucio, don't use that. That's just silly.

When I have less than 50% health and because I usually play Hanzo, I use the Need Healing command once, and always Thank the healer when they heal me. I don't see the problem with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    When I have less than 50% health and because I usually play Hanzo, I use the Need Healing command once, and always Thank the healer when they heal me. I don't see the problem with that.
    Yeah, if I'm gonna use the "need healing", and I get it, I always follow that up with a "thank you".

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    They're actually using "Need Healing" command, but to Torb, that command shows up as "Need Armor".

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    They're actually using "Need Healing" command, but to Torb, that command shows up as "Need Armor".
    Oh, that's a good thing to know. I was getting annoyed when I would sometimes play Torb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohhhhhhh...that makes sense.
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

If mmo c had a rep option I would rep this since I didn't know this thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main reason I hate playing on console; I can't tell people that hey, maybe the 2 hanzo's with 0 kills isnt working out and you should switch to something useful. I try to be nice and say things like "They have 3 tanks, a Reaper would be great" while being the healer, but on console you have to just hope people have a brain, which they don't. Or "hey their Tracer is flanking and killing me repeatedly, someone help me out."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    I am never upset by someone asking when the team has a legit composition and damage is doing their job. I get upset when I see "I need healing" and we have 1 tank and 1 support, or I am getting owned by flankers, or when I have gold elims or damage.

The whole point is that there is no way to respond when the lack of healing is far from the main problem. You can heal 100% of damage taken amd if nobody is killing the enemy team you lose. The need healing macro should at least ask for help when used as a healer.
    I like sandwiches

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    The need healing macro should at least ask for help when used as a healer.
    Mercy should just spam "Get them off me!" every time she uses it.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Mercy should just spam "Get them off me!" every time she uses it.
    There needs to be a "I need help!" voice line that you can trigger yourself

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    There needs to be a "I need help!" voice line that you can trigger yourself
    I have actually been quite bothered by the lack of such a line. Sitting in the back as Mercy while 2 flankers are trying to murder me. I usually end up almost killing them by myself while the team is doing god knows what, but a "help me" line would be really welcome...

From the times I've played support I think that healers just need a voice line that just says "No."
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukro View Post
    I have actually been quite bothered by the lack of such a line. Sitting in the back as Mercy while 2 flankers are trying to murder me. I usually end up almost killing them by myself while the team is doing god knows what, but a "help me" line would be really welcome...
    Mercy does have that, you just can't activate it manually.

"I'm under attack here, help me!"
    "Get them off of me!"

Also if you're playing Sym "I need healing" is translated to "I need shields".