Poll: Will you buy the iPhone 7?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Nope, love my nexus 6p too much

Deleted
    nope, never had an iphone, probably never will, pretty happy with my nexus atm

Nah. There are many reasons I stay away from Apple (and Samsung for that matter).
    For the non-plus model.
    It has Ios.
    It doesn't have 3.5mm native.
    Its screen to body ratio is terrible.
    It's too thin.
    Its body is too big.
    The round home button.
    Camera bump (assumption).
    It would support Apple.
    Proprietary cable.

Not a product for me.

Deleted
    i dont hate all apple products, i still have an ipad 2 which still works amazingly well considering how old it is, just something about iphones i don't like

Quote Originally Posted by Atreuce View Post
    I most definitely will.. I'm paying monthly for my iPhone now through verizon anyway. Haven't decided what color.

I don't quite understand the big deal about the 3.5mm.. all of my music is streamed via bluetooth to my car, and wireless speaker in the shower. I get that people use it for other stuff aside from music - example: paypal or square credit card payments... but still.
    A lot of people still use headphones... just because you don't...

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No, I have never bought one of those shitty phones and I don't plan on starting now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Buy an Apple product? What am I, a chump?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    I'm one of those people who uses both the charger and 3.5mm jack at the same time. I sleep while listening to music or ambient noise from my phone. With only a 5hr life on the wireless headphones, there's no way that I can sleep without having hard-wired headphones plugged in. That means I would have to make sure my phone is fully charged before I went to bed, which rarely happens. That and I'm pretty content with my S6. Haven't found any need to upgrade to the S7, much less a different phone with a different app store that doesn't have all my purchases.

same here, i often fall asleep with my phone on charge and my headphones in, i also have a long distance girlfriend which means a lot of long train journeys seeing each other, on the train i usually have a portable charging kit thing and my headphones in, i very regularly use both charger and headphones together :\

Eh, nothing in particular stands out to me that makes me think, "Yeah, I really want to upgrade".

I'm perfectly happy with my 6S+.

Quote Originally Posted by Atreuce View Post
    I don't quite understand the big deal about the 3.5mm.. all of my music is streamed via bluetooth to my car, and wireless speaker in the shower.
    Not everyone uses bluetooth.

I use a cheap pair of wired earbuds simply because they're cheap, reliable, and I don't have to worry about charging them all the time.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2016-09-08 at 05:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Biggest benefit for adopting this gen, either iphone or galaxy s7, is the waterproof aspect. I have talked on the thing in the shower before(I take cold showers though).
    if i had a phone marketed as waterproof, i'd always be too scared to even try it!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am getting mine next friday

Aiming for the standard 7 (currently have a Plus and is too big for my liking), wanna see the Jet Black, 256GB.

Deleted
    Similar situation for anyone flying. Not a very travel friendly phone.

- - - Updated - - -

First thing I did was pour a gallon of water over it to get over that.
    i think i still have a childhood traumer from it, i got this new watch that claimed it was waterproof, so i took it to the beach and went into the sea with it on. rip my watch

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    I am getting mine next friday

Aiming for the standard 7 (currently have a Plus and is too big for my liking), wanna see the Jet Black, 256GB.
    I'm curious as to how people make use of that much storage on the phone. I never filled my 32 GB Nexus 5. And I doubt I'd fill up the 64GB Oneplus 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981
    I don't believe in observational proof because I have arrived at the conclusion that such a thing doesn't exist.

Deleted
    Waterproof or water resistant? They're two very different things...

cannot honestly remember, i was about 10 at the time, so to me both would have meant i could go in the sea with my watch

I will be getting one. I am far too invested in the iPhone at this point. Also, my 5s has been acting strange for the last few months and it is time to get a new phone anyway.

I find it interesting that the people saying no in the comments all relate getting an iPhone to either being stupid or being suckered into something. What is so wrong with Apple products or Apple in general?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wheresmywoft View Post
    I'm curious as to how people make use of that much storage on the phone. I never filled my 32 GB Nexus 5. And I doubt I'd fill up the 64GB Oneplus 3.
    ive used about 6gb of my 32gb nexus, luckily google offers free unlimited original quality photo backups to your gmail account so i free up a lot of space by not having any photos saved on the phone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzylizard View Post
    I will be getting one. I am far too invested in the iPhone at this point. Also, my 5s has been acting strange for the last few months and it is time to get a new phone anyway.

I find it interesting that the people saying no in the comments all relate getting an iPhone to either being stupid or being suckered into something. What is so wrong with Apple products or Apple in general?

not everyone does that, its annoying when people act like they are better than people based on which phone they buy, people just like to feel superior anyway they can i guess.

Hmmm let's look at the new iPhone 7,

No 3.5mm jack but a lightning -> 3.5mm adaptor included
    Oooo it's IP67 water proof certified, In the warranty -> Not covered for water damage ( http://www.gsmarena.com/iphone_7_war...blog-20414.php )

Frankly I'm not a fan of apple products, yeah they may be used by a large quantity of people, but they're over priced, 256Gb version of the 7 costs nearly 1k

I've owned a Note 2, and it does the job, i can answer calls, text, and check my bank. Why do i need a new phone?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrypowdah View Post
    if it doesnt have 3.5mm audiojack, no, I wont.
    What about an 8-track player, its gotta have that and I definitely need it to come with something to play my hipster vinyls.

Deleted
    No, because it's a phone that's way too expensive for what it does. I'd rather get a Xiaomi.