Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    The whole notion that China is an unsafe country is bullshit. There is no threat of terrorism there because their government won't bend to the will of multiculturalism like so many of these stupid leftist refuge lovers. China is a very safe place to be so long as you don't drive.
    Terrorism is not the only source of unsafety - in fact, it is a very-very minor source of unsafety even in the most terrorism-ridden countries. There are areas even within Beijing where you better not go. Much worse in rural areas - luckily, tourists rarely go there.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    <bungee pops a beer>

No, really guys... terrible here. The food is horrible, it is actually a 4th world country, the women are ugly, and all of the language programs are a trick -- they teach you a form of Chinese with five tones instead of four.
    I feel like this sort of thing is the real problem with the Great Firewall. Chinese people are in all practical terms cut off from the internet that the rest of the world inhabits, so their entire view of outsiders is dictated by whatever Western mass media filters through, and so it's no surprise at all that they think all black people are violent criminals and all Muslims are radical terrorists.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    You are constantly claiming everything is racist, so accusing others of doing the same is hypocrisy and you don't stop being a racist hypocrite just because you entered another thread.
    I don't claim everything is racist, you people just don't like the fact that race indeed plays a part in many things. Your own stupid delusion is not my problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie
    Chinese people are in all practical terms cut off from the internet that the rest of the world inhabits
    Not so much as you would think. There are quite a few Chinese outside of China and that still creates quite a bit of information exchange -- albeit with a Chinese take on things at times. By the way, there are actually quite a few Chinese Muslims, nor are they just in the western provinces.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    They arent wrong though, just as in cities like Paris and Berlin there are parts you really dont want to go.

Deleted
    The guy in the adv... is he still going to dump her when she's pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    I don't claim everything is racist, you people just don't like the fact that race indeed plays a part in many things. Your own stupid delusion is not my problem.
    Explain please...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Chinese airlines have warned the passengers to avoid areas of London inhabited by Negroes and Pakistanis.
    hhaaaa the old typ of "In US they lynch blacks" or "In US they have race riots" propaganda. implieded do not think UK with its freedom is
    something desirable, be greatfull that you live in a dictatorship so you do not have to be afriad to be murded on the street...
    Last edited by mmoc957ac7b970; 2016-09-08 at 04:47 PM.

Well... I'd love to say that it's not true, but it is.

It's not saying you should avoid these areas completely - just to not wander around in them alone or at night. I'd say it was pretty dangerous to pretend otherwise. It could just say to avoid "low income areas", but sadly that and race seem to go hand in hand more than anybody would like to admit.
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2016-09-08 at 04:49 PM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

The 'someone did/said something racist' threads really do make it easy to know how many racists there are on MMOC-OT.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean to tell me a country that enforces cultural segregation is actually dangerous for foreigners? Picture me surprised.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90
    There are areas even within Beijing where you better not go.
    No, not really.

You seem to be shooting off opinions, unsupported by references, as if they were facts -- and doing it quite a bit in this thread.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    You people? Who...us white people?

Your whole shtick is "How can I blame this on white people?" You do that even when white people are not involved, e.g. you blamed white people when an Asian American shot a black American!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, not really.

You seem to be shooting off opinions, unsupported by references, as if they were facts -- and doing it quite a bit in this thread.
    This is public forums... Everything that is said here is as good as an opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodElf4Life View Post
    You mean to tell me a country that enforces cultural segregation is actually dangerous for foreigners? Picture me surprised.
    Britain doesn't enforce cultural segregation.

Deleted
    No, not really.

Sorry, are you saying that Beijing, a megametropolis of 25 million people has no rough areas that people should avoid?

Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Mostly good advice, if a little harsh in its wording - half my family live in London and would agree too.
    A little harsh I agree, but I have friends in London that would agree with this advice

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Sorry, are you saying that Beijing, a megametropolis of 25 million people has no rough areas that people should avoid?
    Show us proof of these "rough" areas. Otherwise you're talking out your ass
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    A little harsh I agree, but I have friends in London that would agree with this advice

- - - Updated - - -

Show us proof of these "rough" areas. Otherwise you're talking out your ass
    chill out I was just asking a question.
    It sounds absurd for a metropolis the size of a nation to have no bad areas.
    After researching the topic it seems that yes, Beijing is one of the safest cities in the world and that's great. There are some warnings to tourists but not much about violence, more about petty crimes and scams.

Fairplay to the Chinese though,If that is correct, it's a surprising achievement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Britain doesn't enforce cultural segregation.
    They do. Just look at how they try to single every one of them as if they were special. Of course you're going to give them a superiority attitude and get racism.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    chill out I was just asking a question.
    It sounds absurd for a metropolis the size of a nation to have no bad areas.
    After researching the topic it seems that yes, Beijing is one of the safest cities in the world and that's great. There are some warnings to tourists but not much about violence, more about petty crimes and scams.

Fairplay to the Chinese though,If that is correct, it's a surprising achievement.
    It's not surprising at all. They are ethnically homogeneous, and therefore get along. If that fact surprised you, you have an incredibly incorrect worldview.