Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    lets ignore the legion and go after sylvanas.
    ignore the big threat for a minor threat.
    Genn is stupid and has a boner for revenge.
    As a Horde player, let's ignore that Sylvanas was colluding with Helja and we have no idea what she actually promised her. Helja who appears to be working with the Legion. She did so against the Varlarjar who more or less on our side and fighting the Legion aswell. Given what is hinted at she might've outright handed her the Aegis amongst other things.

The initial attack on the Forsaken fleet was somewhat questionable as he didn't know what she was up to at that point, his suspicions and distrust of Sylvanas WAS NOT. Sylvanas is the most moraly black leader left. She tried to pull her usual shenaningans but for the first time in a long time failed at it.

This is also a throwback to Northrend. Where the Forsaken waited for the Alliance to start landing in the Howling Fjord, then attacked them from behind wiping out the entire fleet. They then finished off the survivors and plague bombed the incoming reinforcements. Anyone who brought it up back then was shouted down with "We're not friends, we're just fighting the same enemy!" the same was said when the Orcs attacked the Alliance on another occasion ending with the Scourge wiping out both armies. How come when we do it it's legitimate and reasonable but when the Alliance does it to us it's stupid and we should pull together.

Especially given that Sylvanas was pulling some stuff that went against our whole reason for being there, undermining our war efforts and alienating possible allies for no other reason than wanting a bunch of Valkyrs for herself so she wont die any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    What don't you get about him literally being a member of a neutral faction? Fighting alongside the Horde isn't the same as being a member. Him leaving the Horde was made into a massive deal, and he never re-joined it.
    Except it was AFTER he already did that that he inducted my goblin Shaman and the other Goblins into the Horde. That he constantly aided and fostered Horde interests and mostly worked with the Alliance begrudingly. By the end of Cataclysm he had retired as warchief but not as a member of the Horde. Living back in Durotar alongside them. When Jaina approached him for help he told her to gtfo, when she came for vengeance he immediatly jumped into the fray to protect Orgrimmar.

Both during MoP and WoD he was active as a Horde member. He was an integral part of the Horde questing in WoD from end to beginning. Claiming he was neutral and basing that on him "never officially rejoining the Horde" is absurd. Especially given that he never truely left it, merely laid down his mantle of warchief and primarily worked for the Earthen Ring during Cataclysm.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6c40f22c; 2016-09-08 at 06:05 PM.

Alliance already had their fistpump moment: Varian at the Broken Shore.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

helya working for the legion?
    hahaha. Helya hates Odyn and is using Sylvanas to spite him.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Both during MoP and WoD he was active as a Horde member. He was an integral part of the Horde questing in WoD from end to beginning. Claiming he was neutral and basing that on him "never officially rejoining the Horde" is absurd. Especially given that he never truely left it, merely laid down his mantle of warchief and primarily worked for the Earthen Ring during Cataclysm.
    How shocking that an orc would want to live with his orc family among other orcs. We should all be very surprised.

Thrall killing Garrosh wasn't a Horde moment. Neither were a part of the Horde. It was an Earthen Ring shaman exacting personal revenge on a ex-Warchief turned traitor and member of the Iron Horde.

Don't like it? Get mad at Blizzard, it's their lore.

Side note: I am really really enjoying this thread, thanks everyone for making my work day a little bit more entertaining.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    He did it for a few motives, one of which was for us, the Alliance. He even said so when he launched himself at her.
    Hearing what you want to hear? He said he wanted his vengeance and he said "for Varian, for Gilneas and for my son"

Yeah - 100% personal vendetta. At no point did he say for the alliance. Try harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Hearing what you want to hear? He said he wanted his vengeance and he said "for Varian, for Gilneas and for my son"

Yeah - 100% personal vendetta. At no point did he say for the alliance. Try harder.
    No you don't understand, there are no singular character storylines, personal vendettas or neutral factions in this game.

Everyone is either Red or Blue, why can't you seeeeeeeeeeeee.

FISTBUMP FISTBUMP RA RA RA

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvani View Post
    the scene I pictured was one in which Sylvanas sought out an artifact, that would help her stay "alive" and that Genn would race her there, get there before her, and destroy it in front of her eyes, looking at her and saying "I bet you wish now that you hadn't killed my son, banshee bitch".
    Thank god you and most people on the forums don't work for blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

As a Horde player, let's ignore that Sylvanas was colluding with Helja and we have no idea what she actually promised her. Helja who appears to be working with the Legion. She did so against the Varlarjar who more or less on our side and fighting the Legion aswell. Given what is hinted at she might've outright handed her the Aegis amongst other things.

The initial attack on the Forsaken fleet was somewhat questionable as he didn't know what she was up to at that point, his suspicions and distrust of Sylvanas WAS NOT. Sylvanas is the most moraly black leader left. She tried to pull her usual shenaningans but for the first time in a long time failed at it.

This is also a throwback to Northrend. Where the Forsaken waited for the Alliance to start landing in the Howling Fjord, then attacked them from behind wiping out the entire fleet. They then finished off the survivors and plague bombed the incoming reinforcements. Anyone who brought it up back then was shouted down with "We're not friends, we're just fighting the same enemy!" the same was said when the Orcs attacked the Alliance on another occasion ending with the Scourge wiping out both armies. How come when we do it it's legitimate and reasonable but when the Alliance does it to us it's stupid and we should pull together.

Especially given that Sylvanas was pulling some stuff that went against our whole reason for being there, undermining our war efforts and alienating possible allies for no other reason than wanting a bunch of Valkyrs for herself so she wont die any time soon.
    just the typical horde mentality, its hard for them to understand consequences

Try reading everyone else's comments in your thread. People are disagreeing with you left right and centre while you're busy shouting your off-topic argument at me.

What don't you get about him literally being a member of a neutral faction? Fighting alongside the Horde isn't the same as being a member. Him leaving the Horde was made into a massive deal, and he never re-joined it.

You're proving to be as arrogant and delusional as your hero Genn in this thread. Grow up man.
    lol really? fighting with "A" faction is COMPLETELY OPPOSITE OF BEING NEUTRAL, he never left the horde he just stop being their shitty leader and left it in charge of someone else who didn't want it and became another shitty leader.

Also to act like she was going to ENSLAVE the valkyr queen for "her people" is so full of crap its unreal, she doesn't give a shit about her people, they are a meat shield between her and the hell that awaits her, that's it.

One time the Alliance gets a cool moment and you can't let it be?
    You have to understand people in WoW.. Sylvanas and Garrosh kill people left and right, treat many of their own faction like second hand citizens, and they're heavily defended as being the best things ever. If an Alliance leader ever does anything of note, it's trash, and you're just a whiny kiddy baby-man Alliance player for liking it.

Hope that clears it up for you.

I liked the whole scene too, so you're not alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    lol really? fighting with "A" faction is COMPLETELY OPPOSITE OF BEING NEUTRAL
    Tirion fought alongside the Horde and Alliance against the Scourge. He is not a member of either of those factions.

But please, continue. Perhaps this was a personal "fistbump" moment for you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Alliance already had their fistpump moment: Varian at the Broken Shore.
    Our leader dying isn't really what I would call a fistpump moment. It was heroic, but I'm talking about the Alliance, finally, for once, winning against the Horde, coming out on top. The only time we ever won before that was Taurajo and it made us look like the bad guys. I mean technically we won at the end of Siege, but it was more a joining of forces there and it was that weird split between the Horde, where we didn't really fight the real Horde anymore at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Except it was AFTER he already did that that he inducted my goblin Shaman and the other Goblins into the Horde. That he constantly aided and fostered Horde interests and mostly worked with the Alliance begrudingly. By the end of Cataclysm he had retired as warchief but not as a member of the Horde. Living back in Durotar alongside them. When Jaina approached him for help he told her to gtfo, when she came for vengeance he immediatly jumped into the fray to protect Orgrimmar.

Add to that the Horde cinematic for MoP.

https://youtu.be/c_JarJXltBI?t=56

Vol'jin: The Horde needs its true warchief now more than ever.
    Thrall: Yes. But it was you, that held the Horde together during this madness. It was you, that protected our honor. From this day forward, Vol'jin, if you lead, I will follow.
    He's openly saying that Vol'jin should be warchief and that he will follow him. I would count that as officially rejoining. He's even talking about "our" honor. It's clear he sees himself as part of the Horde. But you can't reason with some people.

- - - Updated - - -

Tirion fought alongside the Horde and Alliance against the Scourge. He is not a member of either of those factions.

But please, continue. Perhaps this was a personal "fistbump" moment for you?
    Because he fought with both of them and not just with one. Jesus Christ.

Our leader dying isn't really what I would call a fistpump moment. It was heroic, but I'm talking about the Alliance, finally, for once, winning against the Horde, coming out on top. The only time we ever won before that was Taurajo and it made us look like the bad guys. I mean technically we won at the end of Siege, but it was more a joining of forces there and it was that weird split between the Horde, where we didn't really fight the real Horde anymore at that point.
    Genn may have one but he officially declared war on the horde by attacking its warchief.
    so if he wants a war then i am perfectly fine with killing him and making the rest of Gilneas a crater after the legion is pushed back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    For Varian is good enough to be for the Alliance, for Gilneas, and for his son.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Genn may have one but he officially declared war on the horde by attacking its warchief.
    so if he wants a war then i am perfectly fine with killing him and making the rest of Gilneas a crater after the legion is pushed back.
    Declaring war? When has that war ever ended? Isn't it ongoing? If not, then Sylvanas declared war by betraying the Alliance at the Broken Shore. Also, Forsaken attack the Alliance camp in that zone way before that cinematic happens. So who declared war here? Who fired the first shot? I would say that first shot was fired long ago, and that is why things like that keep happening. And for that particular feud, if anything, Sylvanas fired the first shot when she killed Liam.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Add to that the Horde cinematic for MoP.

https://youtu.be/c_JarJXltBI?t=56

He's openly saying that Vol'jin should be warchief and that he will follow him. I would count that as officially rejoining. He's even talking about "our" honor. It's clear he sees himself as part of the Horde. But you can't reason with some people.

- - - Updated - - -

Because he fought with both of them and not just with one. Jesus Christ.
    Tirion was a member of the Alliance in the past though, so I guess everything he did was Alliance related. He must have been very conflicted. Thrall fought alongside both the Horde and Alliance in Cataclysm. You know, after he left the Horde. Like Tirion. Or Illidan. Wump wump.

This is just like in The Mighty Ducks - "Once a Hawk, always a Hawk! You're no Duck! Quack quack quack quack!"

Is this where we fistbump? Or is that later? Do we do it with our left or our right, or does that depend on which hand we prefer to simultaneously jerk each other off with?

Declaring war? When has that war ever ended? Isn't it ongoing? If not, then Sylvanas declared war by betraying the Alliance at the Broken Shore. Also, Forsaken attack the Alliance camp in that zone way before that cinematic happens.
    the war ended at the end of MoP.
    Sylvanas did not betray the horde at broken shore.
    which cinematic the one where Genn attacks the forsaken with the skyfire and looses. or the Sylvanas vs genn one with Eyir in the background?

Deleted
    Tirion was a member of the Alliance in the past though, so I guess everything he did was Alliance related. He must have been very conflicted. Thrall fought alongside both the Horde and Alliance in Cataclysm. You know, after he left the Horde. Like Tirion. Or Illidan. Wump wump.

This is just like in The Mighty Ducks - "Once a Hawk, always a Hawk! You're no Duck! Quack quack quack quack!"

Is this where we fistbump? Or is that later? Do we do it with our left or our right, or does that depend on which hand we prefer to simultaneously jerk each other off with?
    You're really comparing apples to oranges. If Tirion had been a member of the Alliance for years and only left because he was forced to, and then continued fighting exclusively on the Alliance side, taking the side of the Alliance in conflicts with the Horde and then told Varian that he would follow him - then you would have a point.

As it stands, you don't.

10+ Year Old Account

So Genn based an entire operation on gut feeling and speculation? That is not reasonable at all. Not to mention that helya is not working with the legion, she just hates Odyn. You don't know what the deal was, you are just making suppositions about everything in your first paragraph. Nothing gives the impression of her handing the aegis, Sylvanas wants the legion gone, she wouldnt give one of the pillars of creation. Genn attacked Sylvanas based on what he THOUGHT that she COULD do with Eyr, all that while ignoring the major threat.

And she did not undermine the war effort, mainly because she went after that completely alone and by herself while nathanos kept leading their forces at the Broken islands, but guess what? Genn undermined the war effort by committing his forces to hunt her down.

That is not a bad thing and I liked how events unfolded, but let's not speculate or say that greymane was a hero for having a personal grudge against sylvannas.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Declaring war? When has that war ever ended? Isn't it ongoing? If not, then Sylvanas declared war by betraying the Alliance at the Broken Shore. Also, Forsaken attack the Alliance camp in that zone way before that cinematic happens. So who declared war here? Who fired the first shot? I would say that first shot was fired long ago, and that is why things like that keep happening. And for that particular feud, if anything, Sylvanas fired the first shot when she killed Liam.
    I'm confused why you keep saying the Horde betrayed the Alliance at the Broken Shore. From Alliance's eyes maybe in the heat of the moment they thought that, but a sane person afterwards with Intel would see that Horde was surrounded and Vol'jin died as a result of the attack. Both forces were overwhelmed to the point they had to retreat.

The Broken Shores was lost before it even started.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    [...] including retreating her forces at the Broken Shore to leave the Alliance there to die, so as an Alliance character, you want to see that bitch pay.
    Have you seen what happened on the Horde side? The Horde HAD to retreat else they would have face annihilation. Vol'Jin was stabbed to death, Thrall was almost dead, so is Cairne. They were facing too much Demon. They wouldn't have hold more than a few minutes, which would not have suffice to stop Gul'dan.