Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipopotamo View Post
    Yeah because ToF + Grace + Mend will top everyone in one or two casts right?
    And ofc you will do this all while sustaining atonement on your entire party, WHILE dodging random shit around.
    Umm yes? SM applies atonement? And the way you group heal is by cycling through the group with SM and penance on CD? And then lul when you do 400k+ hps? Oh and dodging random shit...? Since when is that hard? Since when is that something that only disc has to worry about?

And even if SM didn't apply atonement to the whole group, it would still be the most efficient method of group healing.

I've played disc since it started being viable. I might play it again. But now, it's more like a funny gimnick, like shadow in Vanilla. You can play it, you might even do Mythic with it. But get ready for wipes.
    Truly spoken like someone who has never played the current iteration of the spec and only reads what terribads go complain to the forums about when they cant master a spec in 2 minutes.
    Last edited by Pearl1717; 2016-09-08 at 06:36 PM.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by PeopleReady View Post
    Unimpressive.
    Guess you haven't seen the spec much in action. (or at all?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lixo View Post
    Guess you haven't seen the spec much in action. (or at all?)

I've been playing priest since day one of vanilla launch. I simply do not find the new disc iteration to be more useful than holy.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Yes, you CAN do Mythics as Disc, but you're going to have a much harder time than any other healer.

I'm assuming you're running with a Warrior tank, because that's the only scenario where Disc would ever feel "incredibly strong" in a 5man.
    I'm not really sure how to respond. The spec feels good in 5 mans... I've ran with a DH/DK and bear but no warrior.

Once again the healing related deaths I've had have been poor play on my part. Not the specs fault.

Why is the community so concerned with what's "best" for something as trivial as basic mythics? Perhaps a case could be made for mythic +10 or whatever but these are just plain Mythics.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here. Just trying to understand your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon7894 View Post
    I'm not really sure how to respond. The spec feels good in 5 mans... I've ran with a DH/DK and bear but no warrior.

Once again the healing related deaths I've had have been poor play on my part. Not the specs fault.

Why is the community so concerned with what's "best" for something as trivial as basic mythics? Perhaps a case could be made for mythic +10 or whatever but these are just plain Mythics.

I'm not trying to start a flame war here. Just trying to understand your point.
    Don't listen to the bads. They just don't realize that this isn't late WoD anymore and nobody can repeatedly bring people from 10% to 100% in a single cast. You see all of these grandiose comparisons in which apparently these magical "other healers" can deal with groups that fail every single mechanic, yet apparently don't realize that everybody else is also spamming their flash heal equivalent for 20% of people's health just like Disc is.

I'm not really sure how to respond. The spec feels good in 5 mans... I've ran with a DH/DK and bear but no warrior
    In normal and heroic, yes, Disc does fine.

In Mythic where tanks get smacked for 20% of their health by bosses, and aoe damage hits DPS for 50% of their health, Disc really struggles.

It's possible, but extremely difficult compared to pretty much any other healer.

Why is the community so concerned with what's "best" for something as trivial as basic mythics?
    I'm not telling you to reroll Druid, I'm saying that Disc is the weakest healer in 5mans, especially Mythic. You might get by in base Mythic, but even in Beta, people were struggling hardcore with Mythic+ on Disc, whereas other healers did it with relative ease.

In Mythic where tanks get smacked for 20% of their health by bosses, and aoe damage hits DPS for 50% of their health, Disc really struggles.
    Having run mythics as both Disc and Holy, I disagree, and I can't really understand how you would have trouble there with Disc. On bad trash pulls I end up pulling the about the same hps numbers with either spec, and you can allocate that hps pretty freely with either.

Personally I don't see how disc is weaker than holy in 5 mans, unless we're talking about trash dps. Holy Nova OP af yo. Both priest specs are weaker than druid or shaman in high mobility situations, but at least in Mythic dungeons none of the bosses demand much of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    In normal and heroic, yes, Disc does fine.

It's possible, but extremely difficult compared to pretty much any other healer.

I'm not telling you to reroll Druid, I'm saying that Disc is the weakest healer in 5mans, especially Mythic. You might get by in base Mythic, but even in Beta, people were struggling hardcore with Mythic+ on Disc, whereas other healers did it with relative ease.
    Having ran mythics equally geared as both rdruid and disc, I can tell you that if you take Grace and ToF and just spam SM on the whole group and penance on CD you can do more hps than an rdruid (don't read that as disc is better than rdruid for mythics, just that its throughput is easily comparable or superior). Disc does not struggle at all in mythics. It struggles when you try to heal via atonement for the majority of your healing.

Idk why people think disc is so bad in 5mans. Its no worse than any other healer for them with the added bonus that when healing isn't needed you can double any other healers dps.
    Last edited by Pearl1717; 2016-09-08 at 09:47 PM.
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    Having ran mythics equally geared as both rdruid and disc, I can tell you that if you take Grace and ToF and just spam SM on the whole group and penance on CD you can do more hps than an rdruid (don't read that as disc is better than rdruid for mythics, just that its throughput is easily comparable or superior). Disc does not struggle at all in mythics. It struggles when you try to heal via atonement for the majority of your healing.

Idk why people think disc is so bad in 5mans. Its no worse than any other healer for them with the added bonus that when healing isn't needed you can double any other healers dps.
    When it comes to raw hps especially on single target disc seems good. Its just that you need to struggle alot more to deal with some damage patterns that other healers have no problem with, particulary cleave damage or unpredictable aoe even though this weakness isnt so noticle until mythic+. I think the flow of the spec would feel alot nicer if lights wrath had a shorter cast time aswell - Its a 1.5 min cd after all and does about the same amount of healing that monks can do in a single Essence Font. Wouldnt even mind a longer base cd on power word shield to make it feel more impactful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    When it comes to raw hps especially on single target disc seems good. Its just that you need to struggle alot more to deal with some damage patterns that other healers have no problem with, particulary cleave damage or unpredictable aoe even though this weakness isnt so noticle until mythic+. I think the flow of the spec would feel alot nicer if lights wrath had a shorter cast time aswell - Its a 1.5 min cd after all and does about the same amount of healing that monks can do in a single Essence Font. Wouldnt even mind a longer base cd on power word shield to make it feel more impactful.
    Honestly, this is a flawed argument against disc. We really do not struggle with this whatsoever. Idk why people think that every other healer is so much better at handling this then we are. SM spam with Grace and ToF is ridiculously overpowered in 5mans, and the throughput you can achieve is pretty insane.

Go to my stream and watch my run from last night and go to 2:40:00 and tell me how disc struggles to deal with unexpected groupwide damage and I'll lul while I do 400k hps (ignore the clicking of the potion pls I'm bad :P)

The one thing I will agree on is that LW is pretty weak in 5mans. It really should have the same mechanic that things like Tranq have where the healing is doubled when youre not in raids. I almost exclusively use LW for a dps cd rather than a healing one because of the cast time and associated low healing for only 5 people.
    Last edited by Pearl1717; 2016-09-08 at 10:22 PM.

Yeah, Light's Wrath really needs a buff in 5mans. For a 90s CD, it's super weak.

Sanctify heals ~200k on 6 people and has a 60 second CD, lowered to 50 with artifact traits, and lowered even more with Serendipity. And then that 200k has Echo of Light added to it, let's say 35% Mastery, adding another 70k, so 270k healing total.

Light's Wrath heals ~100k in a 5man and has a 90 second CD.

Sure, in a raid when you can have 10+ Atonements out, it's probably nice, but in a 5man it's really crap. Needs a "heals for 100% more when not in a raid" like Divine Hymn.

Yeah, Light's Wrath really needs a buff in 5mans. For a 90s CD, it's super weak.

Sanctify heals ~200k on 6 people and has a 60 second CD, lowered to 50 with artifact traits, and lowered even more with Serendipity. And then that 200k has Echo of Light added to it, let's say 35% Mastery, adding another 70k, so 270k healing total.

Light's Wrath heals ~100k in a 5man and has a 90 second CD.

Sure, in a raid when you can have 10+ Atonements out, it's probably nice, but in a 5man it's really crap. Needs a "heals for 100% more when not in a raid" like Divine Hymn.
    It's interesting that before you thought that Sanctify heals everyone for 30-40% of their health yet here you seem to be well aware of the fact that it only heals for 200k.

It's also interesting that you both declare Sanctify as always being able to hit all targets, but Barrier as being useless because of range.

You're either suffering from extraordinary cognitive dissonance that creates massive contradictions in your own thoughts, or you're intentionally twisting facts on some kind of ridiculous crusade to convince everyone that Disc is unplayable.

Oh also your Light's Wrath numbers are deliberately misleading. You add mastery to Sanctify but not Light's Wrath, and somehow an Int level that produces 200k Sanctify healing also produces only 100k Light's Wrath healing? That's not even possible, so you must be pulling numbers out of thin air and once again lying to try to make your point and only succeeding in appearing scummy in the process.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2016-09-08 at 11:13 PM.

Total opposite for me. Every Disc Healer I've had has gotten the team killed. As a high iLevel Demon Hunter I can just keep myself going, but the rest of the team suffers.

Honestly, this is a flawed argument against disc. We really do not struggle with this whatsoever. Idk why people think that every other healer is so much better at handling this then we are. SM spam with Grace and ToF is ridiculously overpowered in 5mans, and the throughput you can achieve is pretty insane.

Go to my stream and watch my run from last night and go to 2:40:00 and tell me how disc struggles to deal with unexpected groupwide damage and I'll lul while I do 400k hps (ignore the clicking of the potion pls I'm bad :P)

The one thing I will agree on is that LW is pretty weak in 5mans. It really should have the same mechanic that things like Tranq have where the healing is doubled when youre not in raids. I almost exclusively use LW for a dps cd rather than a healing one because of the cast time and associated low healing for only 5 people.
    Goddamnit alright, I didn't watch the clips but I trust you. And I'm morbidly curious about how I'll do as disc. I'll start hoarding haste gear and a shadow relic, and I'll give disc a go. Right now I'm rocking ~35% mastery and ~20% crit from my Holy gear at 335. I know that would probably translate VERY poorly to disc so I don't want to taint my impression of it with poor itemization. I suppose I'll see if I can pick up the necessary stuff.

I'm not saying we struggle, just that we struggle more. A paladin with wings would have made that pull look so much less dramatic But i guess its a trade since we can do nice deeps on bosses. All i want is a sligthly better pws and lw fixed for 5 mans ;P then its amazing

I'm not saying we struggle, just that we struggle more. A paladin with wings would have made that pull look so much less dramatic
    This is what I've been saying all along, but people seem to think "not as good as other healers" actually means "totally unviable shitty spec".

right now, at least to me it seems like the "class fantasy" we were sold of healing through damage, just does not work for 5 man dungeons, leading to Disc having to fall back onto it's much more limited tool kit of direct heals to do the job, which just makes it feel bad regardless of how well it actually works, which leads to a lot of discontent

I healed 8/8 tonight with guild alts tanking (810 ilevel) and didn't have any problems. We'll see about M+ but if you guys struggle in Mythic you definitely just suck. It's not a "we struggle but manage it fine" situation, it's literally roll your face on the SM and penance keys and you will beat the dungeon. The main damage in dungeons is on the tank and I don't see how healers have it much better than us when we have the most powerful single target spell in the game. How can other classes compete w/ SM spam on single target? This is a serious question, I haven't had much experience with other healers in a long time. SM seems broken w/ Grace and I'm not even using ToF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah because ToF + Grace + Mend will top everyone in one or two casts right?
    And ofc you will do this all while sustaining atonement on your entire party, WHILE dodging random shit around.

I've played disc since it started being viable. I might play it again. But now, it's more like a funny gimnick, like shadow in Vanilla. You can play it, you might even do Mythic with it. But get ready for wipes.
    What exactly are you comparing disc to if you think ToF + Grace + Mend is bad? It's literally the strongest spammable single target heal in the game. If you don't top someone with ToF + Grace + Mend as a Disc you sure as shit aren't doing it as any other healer either. FWIW I've had Mends crit for 600k regularly and 897k max (probably on a DK with VB up). No other flash heal type spell even comes close to comparing to that.

Half the people complaining about Disc either aren't playing it well or haven't played other healers at 110 to compare. If you've leveled a Disc to 110 and stepped into Mythics and found it hard to heal people up from standing in bad I can understand that. But comparing Disc @ 110 to other healers at the end of WoD is stupid. Level any other healer to 110, step into the same content with similar gear and you'll have just as much trouble, if not more, healing them back up.

I'm playing MW and Disc @ 110 in mythics each week at the moment and I find healing them easier on my Disc. Disc takes work on every pull compared to MW that can afk EnvM the tank through most of the trash but when shit goes sideways I find Disc to be the better healer. Personal opinion though, obviously.

It's going to be hilarious when in a few weeks Disc have more gear (haste, mastery, trinkets & legs which IMO Disc will scale with better than any other healer) and these boards fill with other healers complaining that Disc is OP and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayna View Post
    How can other classes compete w/ SM spam on single target? This is a serious question.
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/2050-holy-word-serenity