Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The glider that actual engineers use isn't from last expansion. You are just complaining at this point. By your logic, tailors should be able to make plate armor, anyone can craft a gem, and there should be world drop enchants. What you are saying just doesn't make any sense if you follow your logic out.
    Really? Since I'm looking at the pattern list right now, please tell me what glider was added in Legion that Engineers can make and use? I'll wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfheart9 View Post
    Thoughts are that a great team made Legion, and they handed it off to 5 temps to keep things running, and they're shitting on it. Kite nerf, toy nerfs, skinning nerfs, timelost artifacts still being unable to turn in, gem nerfs, profession gear being not worth the effort.. There's a long line of 'WTF is going on..' right now.
    Most of those nerfs needed to happen.
    - Kite with uprise toy made getting around way too easy, defeating the purpose of not having flying. I agree that 15 minutes seems a bit excessive, but it still needed to be upped from 2 minutes. 5 minutes seems fair.

- Skinning, there was way too much coming in to the point that it made it trivial to level leather working. The price of materials for leather working were between 50s and 5g a piece, while cloth and ore were 25g - 100g apiece. If you don't see the disparity, there's really no helping you.

- Timelost artifacts are something from two expansions ago, so really not top of the list there on the fix / balance / anything radar.

- If the gems are getting nerfed, it's because they were deemed too powerful.

- Who says profession gear isn't worth it? Seems to be worth it fine to me. A near full set of 850 gear with not that much effort? Who is complaining about that?

I was 100% against Blizzard to the point I had to be talked into buying the expansion by friends, but I think they've been pretty on the ball with this expansion so far. They're handling things in a fair and needed manner promptly instead of just going, "Eh, we will get around to that next patch."

Quote Originally Posted by Thetruth1400 View Post
    Most of those nerfs needed to happen.
    - Kite with uprise toy made getting around way too easy, defeating the purpose of not having flying. I agree that 15 minutes seems a bit excessive, but it still needed to be upped from 2 minutes. 5 minutes seems fair.

- Skinning, there was way too much coming in to the point that it made it trivial to level leather working. The price of materials for leather working were between 50s and 5g a piece, while cloth and ore were 25g - 100g apiece. If you don't see the disparity, there's really no helping you.

- Timelost artifacts are something from two expansions ago, so really not top of the list there on the fix / balance / anything radar.

- If the gems are getting nerfed, it's because they were deemed too powerful.

- Who says profession gear isn't worth it? Seems to be worth it fine to me. A near full set of 850 gear with not that much effort? Who is complaining about that?

I was 100% against Blizzard to the point I had to be talked into buying the expansion by friends, but I think they've been pretty on the ball with this expansion so far. They're handling things in a fair and needed manner promptly instead of just going, "Eh, we will get around to that next patch."
    Profession gear is crap compared to a full suit of classhall gear given what's involved, thus pretty much not being worth it unless you're aiming for bleeding edge on week 1. The sheer amount of obliterum needed for a full suit of 850 is painful.

Also I had the wrong name, not timelost, timeworn artifacts, the turn in for honor currency. Editing the original post.

The skinning, as I had said earlier, did need a nerf, but not by the amount they gave it which basically makes getting the rank ups pointless.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-09-08 at 07:04 PM.

I love how they said, they will try harder to relay hot fixes before pushing them and yet they don't try very hard it seems.

Like seriously how hard is it to make a twitter or a Hotfix thread and before a dev clicks the button to send it live they take 1 min to type out the change and click send.

Really? Since I'm looking at the pattern list right now, please tell me what glider was added in Legion that Engineers can make and use? I'll wait.
    You have no idea how it works rofl. Yeah we have tinkers. We modify our items, unlike the the things we make for you to carry around. There is no legion tinkered glider. There was no WoD tinkered glider. There was no MoP tinkered glider. We have been using the same one since wrath or cata, whenever it came out.

Look, you are free to disagree with me all you like. But, I have explained why they did what they did, and why it makes perfect sense. The reason they did it was not to nerf fun; it was to stop the toy from negating a profession. It's really pretty easy to understand but, if you choose not to, that is your prerogative.

You have no idea how it works rofl. Yeah we have tinkers. We modify our items, unlike the the things we make for you to carry around. There is no legion tinkered glider. There was no WoD tinkered glider. There was no MoP tinkered glider. We have been using the same one since wrath or cata, whenever it came out.

Look, you are free to disagree with me all you like. But, I have explained why they did what they did, and why it makes perfect sense. The reason they did it was not to nerf fun; it was to stop the toy from negating a profession. It's really pretty easy to understand but, if you choose not to, that is your prerogative.
    5 minute glider would also of not negated a profession. 8 minutes would of also not negated a profession. 15 minutes is simply stupid. If you don't understand that, that is your prerogative, as you say.

Once again too, if a profession can be negated by one, single item, that profession is trash, and needs to be reworked.

I don't get this nerf, right now i have to go through anywhere from 100 - 1000 ores to get a few blues.. and farming said ores is even more a pain then anything else.
    Oh hi

5 minute glider would also of not negated a profession. 8 minutes would of also not negated a profession. 15 minutes is simply stupid. If you don't understand that, that is your prerogative, as you say.

Once again too, if a profession can be negated by one, single item, that profession is trash, and needs to be reworked.
    So, by your logic, engineering sucks so who cares? Brilliant. That is fine for you but, Blizzard has a game to make and people who pay for them to make it non-retarded. Your logic is astounding though. Did you know there is also a raft players can get? Maybe you can use it to ride your river of tears to where you were trying to glider to every 3 mins.

I don't mind them lowering the stats they were far too high prior to that. Making the blue quality gems marginally better then green is frustrating due to the cost of them. That will eventually come in line though.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

So, by your logic, engineering sucks so who cares? Brilliant. That is fine for you but, Blizzard has a game to make and people who pay for them to make it non-retarded. Your logic is astounding though. Did you know there is also a raft players can get? Maybe you can use it to ride your river of tears to where you were trying to glider to every 3 mins.
    Nice job putting words in my mouth, never said who cares, but keep trying to move the goalpost here. I've not insulted you, I've not gone on any attack, yet you seem to only want to do that, and I'm not stooping to that level. Professions as a whole need word for the amount of costs involved vs what you get, and engineering needs a rework if your entire profession is only worth a single item. The glider from engineering should be superior, but it doesn't need to be 12-13 minutes of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    I don't mind them lowering the stats they were far too high prior to that. Making the blue quality gems marginally better then green is frustrating due to the cost of them. That will eventually come in line though.
    Pretty much this, yes, though I'm doubtful on the cost coming in line.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-09-08 at 07:16 PM.

Nice job putting words in my mouth, never said who cares, but keep trying to move the goalpost here. I've not insulted you, I've not gone on any attack, yet you seem to only want to do that, and I'm not stooping to that level. Professions as a whole need word for the amount of costs involved vs what you get, and engineering needs a rework if your entire profession is only worth a single item. The glider from engineering should be superior, but it doesn't need to be 13 minutes of difference.

It is going to take awhile. I expect some really pissed off people that dropped thousands of gold on gems in the last week only to have them gutted and marginally better then the ones you can but for 7 to 150 gold.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Nice job putting words in my mouth, never said who cares, but keep trying to move the goalpost here. I've not insulted you, I've not gone on any attack, yet you seem to only want to do that, and I'm not stooping to that level. Professions as a whole need word for the amount of costs involved vs what you get, and engineering needs a rework if your entire profession is only worth a single item.

You said all this three times already. Look, I'm not the one who took to the forums to QQ. I was trying to explain to you the patently obvious logic of their decision. If you disagree, then ok. But, very few people would agree with you after hearing why they did it. You are just being fatuous when you say it doesn't matter if a profession gets stepped all over. Did you already forget the outrage over the WoD profession buildings allowing players to craft most items without the profession? This is EXACTLY the same as that. Anyway, I'm off. Buy some gliders. They are nowhere near as good as the engineering tinker but, they will get you down safely.

Goblin Glider requires a dirt-cheap item that you can buy off virtually every engineering vendor in the game and that's it. There's no need to make a new one unless they're going to add different functionality.

You said all this three times already. Look, I'm not the one who took to the forums to QQ. I was trying to explain to you the patently obvious logic of their decision. If you disagree, then ok. But, very few people would agree with you after hearing why they did it. You are just being fatuous when you say it doesn't matter if a profession gets stepped all over. Did you already forget the outrage over the WoD profession buildings allowing players to craft most items without the profession? This is EXACTLY the same as that. Anyway, I'm off. Buy some gliders. They are nowhere near as good as the engineering tinker but, they will get you down safely.
    Haven't QQed at all, I've been having a reasonable conversation with others until you came here to try and insult others. You are also ignoring the fact that I am in fact agreeing with you that the engineering version of the glider should be better in the sense of being used more often, just that the cooldown given on the toy was a fair bit extreme. You are pretty much white knighting the profession by ignoring every factual point and just stomping and screaming that we're trying to attack it. Enjoy the rest of your day if you're off however, I'll continue to actually discuss instead of 'qqing' as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Danin View Post
    Goblin Glider requires a dirt-cheap item that you can buy off virtually every engineering vendor in the game and that's it. There's no need to make a new one unless they're going to add different functionality.
    Which leads me to the point of that statement, that if the entire profession revolves completely and ONLY around one single item, and it wasn't updated or changed in some way in the expansion, and eeeeeevery single thing that was added to this expansion is completely useless as people are saying, then the profession needs a rework.

Which leads me to the point of that statement, that if the entire profession revolves completely and ONLY around one single item, and it wasn't updated or changed in some way in the expansion, and eeeeeevery single thing that was added to this expansion is completely useless as people are saying, then the profession needs a rework.
    If you seriously think the only thing Engineering brings to the table is a glider have you considered that you actually know absolutely nothing about Engineering, either in general or in terms of what was added in Legion?

Gems were overbudgeded, no doubt about that and they deserved a nerf.

But that they did it without any announcement, and that you can find appropriate reports in the beta forum from month ago makes me wonder why Blizzard chose such a stealth route. Really bitter for people who spent thousands of gold in the last days for an item that is now just double (or triple) as good as the wod variant that costs nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Danin View Post
    If you seriously think the only thing Engineering brings to the table is a glider have you considered that you actually know absolutely nothing about Engineering, either in general or in terms of what was added in Legion?
    ... Have you not read this thread bud? I was responding to people who were factually stating to me that they believed that the only thing worth while in engineering was the glider, and the toy completely negated the entire profession. I, personally, believe it is worth more than that, the discussion about it at all was towards those that felt it had 0 worth other than the glider.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Gems were overbudgeded, no doubt about that and they deserved a nerf.

But that they did it without any announcement, and that you can find appropriate reports in the beta forum from month ago makes me wonder why Blizzard chose such a stealth route. Really bitter for people who spent thousands of gold in the last days for an item that is now just double (or triple) as good as the wod variant that costs nothing.
    A nerf to stats paired with an increase prospecting rate to get those gems would of been fine I think, but as we got one without the other, it's a pretty bad blow. They pretty much made blue gems pointless given the rarity for only 50 extra stats.
    Last edited by Wolfheart9; 2016-09-08 at 07:32 PM.

Remember when Bliz told us they sometimes delay nerfs from going live solely so they can inform us of what their plan is in advance? LOL

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the nerf to blues. They're so rare and expensive right now anyway.

Deleted
    Whats the problem? The gems will still sell. It's not like they brought in a 3rd tier of gems making these ones obsolete.