Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    "Hes blaming Varian's death on the HORDE?! Are you serious? "

Watch the alliance video for Broken Shore. Now, pretend you didn't have any knowledge of why the Horde retreated (since Genn doesn't have that knowledge). What do you see - the Horde turning and walking away (not running, not under attack... we don't see any of that in the Alliance video). So of course it looks like the Horde betrayed the Alliance again. That's WHY that video showed that perspective.

When evaluating fiction you always have to remember what the characters know and what they've seen. Not what you, the reader (or player in this case) know.
    What's the point in having Shaw as a spy master if you don't have good intelligence. Pretty sure in the weeks leading up after the Broken Shore Alliance would have found out what really happened on the Horde side.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

10+ Year Old Account
    No he is not.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    enslaving who?(outside of trying to enslave Eyir for helya)
    She went to enslave Eyir for herself. By proxy she would be enslaving more Valkyrie.
    "I pulled up to moonglade about 7 or 8
    and yelled to the trainer "yo resto cya."
    Looked at my talent tree, i was finally there.
    To go to Karazhan and tank in dire bear."
    -Yarma

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Jaina's more of a war criminal than Genn.
    Jaina had logical reasons to attack the Horde [whom had started it in the first place]
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you picking on the fellow poster Genn?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Genn's orders were to only engage if NECESSARY. He went against Anduin's orders by attacking the Horde. The stuff with Detheroc comes into play later and was averted thanks to the rogue PC. Genn's main mission was the Aegis.

Not saying he's a war criminal only that he defied Anduin's orders and attacked at the first opportunity and got LUCKY in that Sylvanas had an evil plot to thwart.

Holy shit I never knew people could be so biased about a fucking faction in a video game..

You know the story is better if you look at the big picture.. Right you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    So Genn or anyone in the Alliance can't just ask someone in the Horde why they retreated? No, they just want blood.
    The Horde could also just send a letter. Communication goes both ways.

It's all irrelevant because a DREADLORD was commanding the Alliance's spy network.
    -Yarma

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Genn isn't a war criminal but he sure is an idiot.

He risked starting a new war wth the Horde, he wasted resources including an Alliance gunship and admitted failing in an attack on the forsaken just before the cinematic, Greymane is on a ship trying to take the Horde position across the river.

The only success is him smashing a lamp on the floor.

Alliance soldiers died for that. What a twat.

Also another issue I have, the Alliance have some cheek claiming to be all noble in helping Eyir but just 5 minutes before they were quite happy to run through the town slaughtering all the Vrykul and Val'kyr aspirants.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Genn's orders were to only engage if NECESSARY. He went against Anduin's orders by attacking the Horde. The stuff with Detheroc comes into play later and was averted thanks to the rogue PC. Genn's main mission was the Aegis.

Not saying he's a war criminal only that he defied Anduin's orders and attacked at the first opportunity and got LUCKY in that Sylvanas had an evil plot to thwart.
    Her plan isn't evil at all. Shes raising the dead to fight the Legion.

Theres no irony because Sylvanas or anyone in the Horde did not start this faction war bs again. Sylvanas only went to Stormheim to find out about the Val'kyr and the Aegis.
    This is an aside, but Sylvanas has just become Warchief of the entire Horde. She is now responsible for leadership decisions during the largest demonic invasion of Azeroth. Her first act is to run off by herself in unknown territory without telling anybody where she is going or what she is doing and without appointing anyone to act in her stead and, I don't know, manage her faction during a time of crisis?

She's a shitty leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirayne24 View Post
    What's the point in having Shaw as a spy master if you don't have good intelligence. Pretty sure in the weeks leading up after the Broken Shore Alliance would have found out what really happened on the Horde side.
    Not until AFTER the real shaw is saved and the fake exposed atlvl 100 by rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    This is an aside, but Sylvanas has just become Warchief of the entire Horde. She is now responsible for leadership decisions during the largest demonic invasion of Azeroth. Her first act is to run off by herself in unknown territory without telling anybody where she is going or what she is going and without appointing anyone to act in her stead and, I don't know, manage her faction during a time of crisis?

She's a shitty leader.
    Or maybe because she doesn't want to get pursued by the Alliance...?!

Deleted
    If Genn is a war criminal, what the fuck is Sylvanas then for everything she done lol

Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    If Genn is a war criminal, what the fuck is Sylvanas then for everything she done lol
    Sylvanas has done nothing wrong.

No. He was told explicitly to engage if an opportunity presented itself. Also the Detheroc stuff doesn't "come into play" later. Mathias Shaw was replaced BEFORE the broken shore. Shaw tells you in the quest text that Detheroc had been telling Anduin lies to stroke up tension between the Horde and Alliance. Before Stormheim begins we are told SI:7 advised Anduin concerning the Forsaken ships in Stormheim.

Its really obvious what happened. Detheroc orchestrated the Broken Shore trap and continued to start a faction war.

Sky Admiral Rogers says: A few weeks ago, SI:7 agents in Kalimdor begain reporting an increased presence of Forsaken warships.
    Sky Admiral Rogers says: It seems the new Warchief brought her fleet across the sea, perhaps in a show of power.
    Sky Admiral Rogers says: Impressive, aren't they? The new guns could bag a wyvern at full speed from three hundred meters. Go ahead, have a look.
    Sky Admiral Rogers says: Three days ago, the Forsaken fleet set sail from Durotar, heading straight for the Broken Isles.
    Sky Admiral Rogers says: We think Sylvanas Windrunner herself may be among them.
    Sky Admiral Rogers says: The 7th Legion. The toughest men and women the Alliance have to offer. They, too, have come on direct orders from the king.
    Sky Admiral Rogers says: As you may have guessed by now, our mission is to intercept the enemy fleet.
    Sky Admiral Rogers says: Officially, we are to track them from a safe distance. We may enagage, but only if an opportunity presents itself.
    Sky Admiral Rogers says: I strongly suspect an opportunity will present itself.
    Genn Greymane says: It had better.

Blizzard did a terrible job making all of this apparent if this many people totally missed all these important plot points.
    -Yarma

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Genn isn't a war criminal but he sure is an idiot.

He risked starting a new war wth the Horde, he wasted resources including an Alliance gunship and admitted failing in an attack on the forsaken just before the cinematic, Greymane is on a ship trying to take the Horde position across the river.

The only success is him smashing a lamp on the floor.

Alliance soldiers died for that. What a twat.

Also another issue I have, the Alliance have some cheek claiming to be all noble in helping Eyir but just 5 minutes before they were quite happy to run through the town slaughtering all the Vrykul and Val'kyr aspirants.
    If by smashing a lamp you mean stopping Sylvanas from enslaving the queen if the val'kyr and getting an unending supply of them then yes. And cor what it's worth tjey took out the Forsaken fleet in the process.

Not until AFTER the real shaw is saved and the fake exposed atlvl 100 by rogues.
    Well, I did not know this as a Horde player. That said, a new War Chief isn't something you can really hide for weeks on end in a world that has 2 main factions, with many of that factions side by side at multiple locations.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Sylvanas has done nothing wrong.
    Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by LanokirX View Post
    Are you for real?
    Some people can be truly delusional it seems.