Thread: [TV] Mr. Robot

Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Latest episode was good. Pretty sure we didn't discuss it yet...

Lol that the previous episode ends with Darlene home running Cisco, and then the beginning of the next episode it's all good. I didn't quite hear the explanation he gave her for taking her picture....

Elliot being thrown in jail was for the reason we said. I'm glad it was a quick get-through scene. I didn't wanna see something too long.

White Rose/Price interaction was best part of the episode. White Rose murdered the last CEO to get her water plant or whatever. And they're doing something illegal there that killed Elliot and Angela's dad. And White Rose refuses to let it get taken by the FBI or closed. :O

Btw it's really obvious now that Price is the CEO of Evil Corp because White Rose helped him get to power after murdering the previous CEO. He clearly knows she did it. Just like he knows White Rose had the FBI get shot up so that China and US relations would be bad so that Evil Corp couldn't ask for bailout money from China. That makes Evil Corp powerless. But it's weird because Price asked White Rose for $cash$ and White Rose agreed so ??? why he had to shoot up the FBI in the first place.

I wonder what's wrong with Elliot and Mr. Robot. Now that their personalities are helping each other, they're merging into one?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I wonder what's wrong with Elliot and Mr. Robot. Now that their personalities are helping each other, they're merging into one?
    No the 3rd Persona is screwing them up now

Eliot displayed classic disassociative schizoid fugue states before, where at least one personality was unaware of the doings of other personalities. Modern psychiatry says the solution to this issue is to fuse and come to grips with all your personalities through medication and intensive psychiatric treatment. I think what the show is going to do is show how that's going to be a bad thing for Eliot/Mr. Robot - that Eliot was much safer, and a much better person, when he was separate, even in his Mr. Robot personality. It's a unique look at psychiatry, imo.

Also, I don't think Price knows WR as WR. He knows WR as a powerful Chinese minister. He thinks he's involved in some state espionage shit as a mercenary banker, not as a patsy of a blackhat hacking group. Though, tbh, the Dark Army's motivations might be nationalist in nature. The question is BD Wong's character, who, imo, is one of the most interesting in the series. Are his motivations fueled by his hacking side? Does he believe in Eliot's goals of destroying the financial system and freeing people from corporate slavery? Or is he indeed working in Chinese interests and, ultimately, against Eliot?

Also, I think Tyrell's wife showing up indicates to me that she had some knowledge of him getting out, which either means a) Leon was her guy and she helped Eliot in some way, or b) she's involved with the Dark Army and all those things were the Dark Army's doing. B in particular allows for Eliot to somehow be Tyrell. I just kind of noticed that, phonetically, Tyrell is kind of an anagram of Elliot: Ellyt......with an extra R. IDK.

I'm still wondering if whiterose is a man or a woman?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    I'm still wondering if whiterose is a man or a woman?
    Transwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    No the 3rd Persona is screwing them up now
    Sounds overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Eliot displayed classic disassociative schizoid fugue states before, where at least one personality was unaware of the doings of other personalities. Modern psychiatry says the solution to this issue is to fuse and come to grips with all your personalities through medication and intensive psychiatric treatment. I think what the show is going to do is show how that's going to be a bad thing for Eliot/Mr. Robot - that Eliot was much safer, and a much better person, when he was separate, even in his Mr. Robot personality. It's a unique look at psychiatry, imo.
    I doubt Mr. Robot could go away. Like, I think they should fuse too but Mr. Robot being there is the whole show.

Also, I don't think Price knows WR as WR. He knows WR as a powerful Chinese minister. He thinks he's involved in some state espionage shit as a mercenary banker, not as a patsy of a blackhat hacking group. Though, tbh, the Dark Army's motivations might be nationalist in nature. The question is BD Wong's character, who, imo, is one of the most interesting in the series. Are his motivations fueled by his hacking side? Does he believe in Eliot's goals of destroying the financial system and freeing people from corporate slavery? Or is he indeed working in Chinese interests and, ultimately, against Eliot?
    Sorry, when I say White Rose I mean the entire character. I'm too lazy to type out General Tsao or w/e his Minister of Defense name is.

I just kind of noticed that, phonetically, Tyrell is kind of an anagram of Elliot: Ellyt......with an extra R. IDK.
    You wanna talk about names? Tell me why the Dark Army knows Elliot by his first name. You think he'd use a code name...Also, suddenly Darlene has multiple ways to contact Trenton and Mobley?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Transwoman.
    The White Rose actor was on the after show. Confirmed that he's a woman with a man side. Also, didn't you see the way she pee'd on the old CEO's gravestone?

Btw, I don't like the actor. I mean, his acting is great. But from what he said when he spoke I don't like him that much. He's not charismatic, which is okay...but he's like awkward in a group setting. Plus he seems a bit stuck up.

Btw, I don't like the actor. I mean, his acting is great. But from what he said when he spoke I don't like him that much. He's not charismatic, which is okay...but he's like awkward in a group setting. Plus he seems a bit stuck up.
    That's because he's been on TV for like 20 years on Law and Order, and before that he was motherfuckin' Henry wu in Jurassic Park. He's like the most famous Asian in American TV/film without a background in martial arts.

That's because he's been on TV for like 20 years on Law and Order, and before that he was motherfuckin' Henry wu in Jurassic Park. He's like the most famous Asian in American TV/film without a background in martial arts.
    Plus BD Wong absolutely nailed the character of Hugo Strange in Gotham, awesome character actor.

- - - Updated - - -

B in particular allows for Eliot to somehow be Tyrell. I just kind of noticed that, phonetically, Tyrell is kind of an anagram of Elliot: Ellyt......with an extra R. IDK.
    except she refers to him as Oliver when she picks him up in front of his apartment building

Dammit I woke up early today and did a lot of work so I'm gonna be tired.

Make sure you allocate enough time for tonight's episode. The regular episode is an hour starting at 10, and right on USA right after until 12 they're doing another special after show.

I'm worried. That must mean shit is going down on tonight's episode.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel bad boosting Suits ratings while sitting around playing on tablet waiting for Mr. Robot.

I'm kinda sleepy guys.

wow another amazing episode. This show! So unique, what other show has a blue clues like segment trying to find clues that may be hidden in his apartment by his dead father alter ego. The intro explaining the ethos of the modern crazy business man trying to be the biggest dick in the room.

And the whole episode just felt tense, like shit was about to pop off any minute.

Damn, I guess they just erased Darlene's history too?

This show is fucking amazing. If anyone thinks it's just average then I'm going to have to straight up call them retarded. It was soooo good last night. Everything was so good. Sam Esmail is a god.

From everything to Price's interaction with Colby in the intro, to showing the other side of the door where Joanna and that guy prep to meet Elliot. In the intro to another episode it showed Joanna be complimented for those earrings by the girl Tyrell killed and she said Tyrell always left her gifts and now they fleshed it out. Elliot's interaction with us looking around the apartment. The meeting in the train with Angela. FBI hot on the trail and Darlene and Cisco's interactions. And the whole time the episode felt like it was coming to some harsh conclusion. The music and everything was foreboding and had this ominous "ending" feeling.

Episode was fucking amazing.

Great episode again! Some things I didn't understand though. Didn't Darlene knock out Cisco with a baseball bat last episode because she found out he is working against her? What happened to that? What did Dom mumble to herself when she asked the nurse why she called it in so late, just before she realised Darlene and Cisco were probably still in the area? I just couldn't make it out.

Dom said they didn't notice the news report because the hospital only catches the news when that specific nurse comes in. That's when they all noticed it. Meanwhile, the retard FBI agents are all in the hospital using it as a base of operations like they can't come back even though they were waiting to see someone for an hour.

Dom said they didn't notice the news report because the hospital only catches the news when that specific nurse comes in. That's when they all noticed it. Meanwhile, the retard FBI agents are all in the hospital using it as a base of operations like they can't come back even though they were waiting to see someone for an hour.
    Oh, of course I understand now. The FBI "chief" proclaimed Darlene and Cisco fled and weren't coming back because they supposedly saw the news report, but Dom realised they couldn't have seen it after hearing the nurse's story. Did she also mumble something along the lines of the chief knowing they wouldn't come back, indicating he is with the DA?

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    And the whole episode just felt tense, like shit was about to pop off any minute.
    This sums it up lol. That entire last 10 minutes or so, the music and the shots. Both me and my buddy were like "is it just me, or is this shit fuckin' intense right now?" I was pushing back into my seat without realizing it lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

What was the song played in the beggining when the E corp boss was talking? it was a classical. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    What was the song played in the beggining when the E corp boss was talking? it was a classical. Anyone?
    That shit scared me. I had the volume up because I was engaged in Price and Colby's exchange and then boom. Joanna getting dressed up to seduce Elliot.

Well...not seduce...actually i really thought she was gonna kiss him.

That shit scared me. I had the volume up because I was engaged in Price and Colby's exchange and then boom. Joanna getting dressed up to seduce Elliot.

Well...not seduce...actually i really thought she was gonna kiss him.
    Her body, more importantly her behind was :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

shes such a hottie.

Fucking love this show.

I wonder who the 2 persons Phillip Price considers more powerful than him.. Obama? Whiterose?