Poll: Would you support it!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Stop the 'war on drugs'. Think about it. I am inclined to believe that the majority of inmates would then not be inmates. Less inmates makes keeping an eye on the inmates easier. Who knows, maybe the inmates could even.. well.. I know that it can sound crazy to some Muricans, but yeah.. get a cell each? No need to treat criminals like trash. They are not trash. They are criminals. They need positive motivation instead of being demoralized by fear, and through that being negatively motivated. And what is a criminal really, but an individual who does not share (and reacts as such) the same symbolic favourite colour as the vast majority of society? Sure, lets punish people for that, instead of showing them why some/you/we think that whatever colour is better; e.g "your favourite colour tends to have children needlessly raped while partly being set on fire, whereas this other colour over there tends to not effect other people in any but small and (to the majority) somewhat trivial ways."

Speaking of which. What's with the obsession with punishment? The entire fokking planet should focus more on what can be improved in life. How we can reward people who used to think to themselves that so could never be so, and as such dug themselves into a sheltered crappy and socialy rejected hole of "criminalness". At the end of the day it is all colours (RACIST!!! sigh, grow a thought), and nothing matters without a relation to said thing/person. "But I like green better than your stupid blue, so yeah bla bla world war nine".

It is not our thumbs that separate us from the "animals". We can choose to not hurt what is around us.

Crappy rant over. Bye.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    That is called globalization. What if a country finds that it wants to make it's own laws instead?

Funny how the right wing is pro-globalization whenever it suits their state-violence narrative.
    Nothing to do with the "left/right wing". It is just a very poorly thought out proposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

No. The SOR needs a complete overhaul first. It's extremely flawed and heavily biased towards punishment and public humiliation, plus skewed against men.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    This idea is just distilled vindictiveness.

Why not mandated arm amputation for petty thievery? Rip the tongues out of convicted perjurors? Institutionalized blood vengeance for murderers, where the state kills one of the murderers family members as recompense?

We're better than that kind of barbarism.
    At least on paper. Sometimes I have to praise myself lucky that the average MMO champion forum poster isn't world dictator.
    that last idea sounds like a good idea.
    extrajudicial killings against gang memebers and cartels would also be a good step forward.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2016-09-08 at 02:50 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor With a Saber View Post
    But you support rape as a punishment? Because that happens alot in prisons all over the world. Inmate on Inmate rape is everywhere. The ones that do it are violent criminals and sex offenders.
    Read this, then read your reply again.

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/.../False-Dilemma

Not sure what that would accomplish since rape is more about dominance than anything else, take the ability to perform away and they would most likely just use other objects to penetrate or straight up just kill their victim instead.

No. Absolutely not. I mean, are you kidding? Why would you even ask this?

Never mind everything else, what if an innocent person is wrongly convicted? It'd be almost as bad as wrongly getting the death penalty, only it would potentially happen to many more people (the death penalty is applied much more rarely than marking someone as a sex offender) and the sentence would likely be carried out much more quickly.

On rethinking of what constitutes a sex offender (such as public urination in some places) I'm going to have to say no. If you had just said "rapists" I would've said yes.

I'd say the same punishment of people who have seriously abused their children, such as killing them by willfully depriving them of medical care.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2016-09-08 at 03:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

i have a problem with any "world wide" agency that thinks it can dictate anything to me

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    I'm not assuming anything...

Straight from the OP's Mouth:
    Indeed you are not, lol. However, I took a more modern approach to the OP's statement - so my assumption, not yours. Apologies.

However, your concern about incorrectly found guilty people is very valid, and the chemical solution would be a fix to that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Pretty sure inmate on inmate sexual assault isn't state sanctioned, and isn't the intention of imprisoning rapists.
    But it happens and is cruel and usually punishment allowing it to happen. This would stop it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You're assuming a barbaric level of castration - there are implants that have the same effect as castration.
    Whats more barbaric allowing prisoners to be raped and then released to go on raping and doing worse crimes

or make it so they can actually be rehabilitated and now a public menace.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to bypass the immense amount of idiocy in this thread to leave a few tidbits:

He can still have an erection. In general, castrated men experience a much-diminished sex drive, because their bodies have very low levels of the male hormone testosterone. This lowers the frequency, strength, and duration of erections, and can cause hot flashes, vertigo, loss of body hair, and breast growth. But depending on the individual, it may be possible for him to become aroused and even to ejaculate, although his erection may be modest and there won't be any sperm in his semen. Even if a castrated man can't maintain an erection, he can temporarily reverse the effect by taking testosterone. Also, rapists aren't necessarily driven by sexual desire; a lower sex drive won't prevent attacks that are motivated by a desire for power.

Surgical castration, also called orchiectomy, involves the physical removal of the testicles, which produce 95 percent of a man's testosterone. However, the small amount still produced by the adrenal glands could be enough to allow some sexual function to remain.
    Keep in mind a couple other bits:

- We are a nation that that punishes you for what you have done, not what you might do.
    - Our Constitution features a clear ban on 'cruel and unusual punishment'.
    - It has been shown numerous times that the death penalty does not serve as a deterrent.
    - Humans are infinitely fallible. Any punishment that cannot be relieved upon evidence of error should be banned.

I honestly can't believe this ever made it to a second page.

- - - Updated - - -

If I were castrated by the state, for whatever the reason, I would spend the rest of my days raping. If I couldn't do it physically, I'd just bring along a broom handle or whatever else I could lay my hands on.
    indignantgoat.com/
    XBL: Indignant Goat | BattleTag: IndiGoat#1288 | SteamID: Indignant Goat[/B]

Deleted
    Completely unrelated to it being a "global law"

Even if it was a national law. Going by eye for an eye is pathetic and just puts the public down on the same level as someone comitting crimes.

I'm against any form of penalty involving violence or physical harm no matter how much the person in question has done. Punishing a savage by being a savage yourself is pretty low.

Clearly you need to look up the meaning of rehabilitated.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    But it happens and is cruel and usually punishment allowing it to happen. This would stop it

- - - Updated - - -

Whats more barbaric allowing prisoners to be raped and then released to go on raping and doing worse crimes

I'm not sure you know what you're asking here. Why don't you give it another shot after actually reading what I've posted.

A world-wide, well-enforced law mandating castration for sexual offenders would be practically genocidal.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    A world-wide, well-enforced law mandating castration for sexual offenders would be practically genocidal.
    What would you propose?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not sure you know what you're asking here. Why don't you give it another shot after actually reading what I've posted.
    No i know rape punishment isn't state endorsed but it happens in the prisons and they don't do enough to stop it. They are guilty of allowing it to go on.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    No i know rape punishment isn't state endorsed but it happens in the prisons and they don't do enough to stop it. They are guilty of allowing it to go on.
    Very true - although the U.S. prison system is so completely fucked up that institutional rape is one of several competing problems.

The castration issue is a serious one, however, because the recidivism rate is so high there is almost no other lasting deterrent short of castration - although I would advocate for medical rather than physical.

We also need to make certain exceptions, specifically for statutory rape, depending on circumstances.

Very true - although the U.S. prison system is so completely fucked up that institutional rape is one of several competing problems.

The castration issue is a serious one, however, because the recidivism rate is so high there is almost no other lasting deterrent short of castration - although I would advocate for medical rather than physical.

We also need to make certain exceptions, specifically for statutory rape, depending on circumstances.

Yeah i've been saying that its only for Pedophiles, Rapists etc . Not ones that are minor things that are called rape or sex offense but really aren't. Its why i keep saying extensive review. That would take into consideration for Rapists,Pedophiles and Violent Criminals that are extremely likely to rape again or worse inside or once released. I'm Not talking about a Blanket castration for all men and woman that are violent criminals and sex offenders. No one seems to get that.
    WORLD POPULATION

7+ Year Old Account
    What would you propose?
    We have a system in place already. And it's fine.

Yeah i've been saying that its only for Pedophiles, Rapists etc . Not ones that are minor things that are called rape or sex offense but really aren't. Its why i keep saying extensive review. That would take into consideration for Rapists,Pedophiles and Violent Criminals that are extremely likely to rape again or worse inside or once released. I'm Not talking about a Blanket castration for all men and woman that are violent criminals and sex offenders. No one seems to get that.
    You clearly don't understand all of the words you're using.